What's new

Are the Jazz Ded?

There is a thing called help defense in the NBA. The rotation that needs to happen once Mitchell or any of our poor perimeter defenders get beat and Gobert has to help is called X-out and its one of the most basic and fundamental defensive rotations out there. You can read it about in detail and see the necessary effort the Jazz perimeter players are lacking.

View: https://medium.com/the-basketball-dictionary/x-out-78e01e2e4c9d

Exactly right. It is so odd a professional team is not making these basic rotations.

If a team has good ball movement even a good defense can give up shots, but corners 3s are the worst shot to leave wide open.

Exactly right. It is so odd a professional team is not making these basic rotations.

If a team has good ball movement even a good defense can give up shots, but corners 3s are the worst shot to leave wide open.
It's weird for sure. I have not been with a NBA team but I am not even sure this is something you should be practicing. It's that basic.

And what's weird Jazz do it great sometimes. It probably has to do with the on-ball defender, if he gets beat too quickly or fails to put up any resistance, asking rotating players to catch up may be impossible, not talking about just Gobert. I will be focusing more on the out defenders game 4.