What's new

Are we blind?

montanajazz

Could it be that the jazz brought cody zeller in for a workout because we are in fact interested in trading up to get him? He never was really thought to be available at 14.

I can't say whether that's why we brought him in.. but I can say the Jazz have him in their sights. Burke, McCollum, Zeller.. the three names I'm hearing from sources better than the media.

I can't say whether that's why we brought him in.. but I can say the Jazz have him in their sights. Burke, McCollum, Zeller.. the three names I'm hearing from sources better than the media.

Sad that we are not high on Porter. He seems to fit the Jazz like a glove. Good guy, team player, Spurs like if you will.

Sad that we are not high on Porter. He seems to fit the Jazz like a glove. Good guy, team player, Spurs like if you will.

I would say he's more out of reach than the Jazz not being high on him. To get him will require a top 3 pick and the Jazz aren't getting that. They may get to 7 where Burke, McCollum, and Zeller will be in play.

I would say he's more out of reach than the Jazz not being high on him. To get him will require a top 3 pick and the Jazz aren't getting that. They may get to 7 where Burke, McCollum, and Zeller will be in play.

That.

They probably offer Burke, Nerlens and McLemore workouts too, but they said no. Zeller said he saw his brother slip in the draft and it was his first workout, I think, so he probably wanted to get a practice one in and I imagine the Jazz do one of the tougher workouts (because of the altitude).

I could see getting to #8 for Burks + 21, but it would depend on how the draft shakes out.

The Jazz may need to go three-way, where Minny moves up, Detroit moves from 8 to 9, the Jazz take 8 and promise to take a guard, Utah gives up an asset that helps Minny move up and a small asset to Detroit for their trouble.

It's cleaner if the Jazz move up to #7, but I bet the price becomes Burks + 14 at least.

I could see getting to #8 for Burks + 21, but it would depend on how the draft shakes out.

The Jazz may need to go three-way, where Minny moves up, Detroit moves from 8 to 9, the Jazz take 8 and promise to take a guard, Utah gives up an asset that helps Minny move up and a small asset to Detroit for their trouble.

It's cleaner if the Jazz move up to #7, but I bet the price becomes Burks + 14 at least.

Always go three-way if you can bro. Always.

Remember with Cody he is trying to be a stretch 4 which is something the Jazz really need so this would definitely not be to surprising if we move up to get him.

https://twitter.com/WojYahooNBA

Good source predicting that Zeller goes top 5 and Bennett slides as far as #10.

I think it should be relatively easy for the Jazz to move up to #12 or #11 once Zeller and Adams are off the board.

Remember some team will try to take #13 from Dallas. The Jazz might want to take that as a defensive maneuver.

Yep. I mean we'd probably LOVE Noel as a 3rd big but we didn't bring him in, either.

Noel, Oladipo, McLemore, Len, Porter, Zeller, Bennett, Caldwell-Pope and Adams are nine guys who are definitely gone before #14.

Carter-Wiliams, Burke, McCollum are likely gone before #14, but one or two of them will be there at #10 and #11. I think Burke will be the last one standing. The Jazz don't have to move up too far to get him.

Noel, Oladipo, McLemore, Len, Porter, Zeller, Bennett, Caldwell-Pope and Adams are nine guys who are definitely gone before #14.

Carter-Wiliams, Burke, McCollum are likely gone before #14, but one or two of them will be there at #10 and #11. I think Burke will be the last one standing. The Jazz don't have to move up too far to get him.
I think you're right. Zeller would be a great pick, but I doubt we can move up for him. Going from #14 to 10 or 11 likely just costs us the #21. And the Jazz could likely buy a pick in the mid-20's if they want to get back in to the 1st.

Agree with the first list, but think Burke belongs on it as well. There is no possible way Burke lasts until #14. The other two, I can envision scenarios. Burke, no.