What's new

Are we sleeping on Simone?

sip

2024 Prediction Contest Winner
Going into last year I think most of us had expectations for him to be a decent role player for us. Instead we saw a guy that only received garbage minutes until after the trade deadline. I thought he looked pretty good though once he started getting consistent minutes and gaining confidence. For most of the summer when I would do minute rotations I didn't have Simone penciled in for any minutes but I'm starting to think that is a mistake. Between him having a full year of nba experience under his belt and Hardy possibly having more confidence in him I could see him being given an opportunity to contribute early on in the year. I think he has the potential to be a sniper off the bench for us ala Niang. His 3pt percentage was mediocre last year but most of the year he was getting garbage minutes so I don't ready anything into that. In March he finally received consistent minutes and shot 38.4% from 3. He looks like he also got out of shape a little bit sitting on the bench for most of the year compared to how he looked during last years Eurobasket tourney. In this video from last summer he looks leaner than he looked at the end of last year.

I doubt it. He was really really bad.

I doubt it. He was really really bad.
No he wasn't. After the all star break he was solid for us. He was bad when just getting garbage minutes but that is the case with most players. It is hard to play ball when you only get spot minutes.

He's clearly a much better shooter than he was able to show last year, but I'm not sure he does enough outside of shooting to be a consistent NBA player.

No he wasn't. After the all star break he was solid for us. He was bad when just getting garbage minutes but that is the case with most players. It is hard to play ball when you only get spot minutes.

No… he was bad. He seemed lost out there. Now there are some reasons why that could be but he was definitely bad.

Agreed he looked really lost on the court at times. Alot of these Euro players have trouble adjusting to the NBA style of basketball.

I remember about 15+ years ago when Sarunas Jasikevicius came over to the NBA after being a huge star in Europe. I was pretty excited to watch him play but he just never had any real success in the US. Maybe Simone will be more comfortable this coming season but the Jazz also have a bunch of guys on the roster that can shoot especially after the draft. The minutes might not be there for him as they might be more invested in developing the kids they just drafted.

I disagree.

No… he was bad. He seemed lost out there. Now there are some reasons why that could be but he was definitely bad.
Did you feel like he was bad in March? He didn't look lost to me once he finally received consistent minutes.

Fwiw he shot 37% from the field and 33% from the line resulting in an efg of 47% (he never gets to the line)

I don't ever remember watching him last season at any point of the year and thinking wow, Simone is finally starting to really play well.

Fwiw he shot 37% from the field and 33% from the line resulting in an efg of 47% (he never gets to the line)

I don't ever remember watching him last season at any point of the year and thinking wow, Simone is finally starting to really play well.

This game

Simone is a shooter with great size and decent athleticism. There's a spot for him on the team if he can get his shooting consistent and not awful on defense.

I think Simone is better than he showed last year. It generally takes guys coming over from the Euro Leagues a year to adjust. I just don't think he's gonna POP ya know. I think he is a backend of the rotation wing that can have some spicy nights when he gets hot.

This year is probably his last chance to stay in the NBA. He got decent shooting but was really bad in others parts of the game. Still think he can do it.