What's new

Are you going to root for Hayward?

• Thread starter Deleted member 5000
  • Start date
I'm not rooting for Haywood to get a career-ending injury. I'd much rather see a couple other key players go down, and then see Haywood eaten alive by the Boston media and their fans when he can't carry the team.

Having said that, I am 100% rooting for his career to take a nose dive from here, regardless of how it happens. If that means blowing both ACLs on the same play, so be it.

What happened to his hair? Looks like ****.

gallery-1467640326-theres-something-about-mary.jpg

Why not similar shade to george hill or trevor booker

i've rarely seen such a boneheaded post on this site.

I hope he enjoys his three ways at night fellating Brad and IT. and i hope he suffers the full wrath of the Boston media for failing to be the second coming of Larry Bird. I wish him nothing but a bunch of second round exits for the rest of his career.

btw George Hill can go choke on his agents dick as well. No time for him either. Hope he enjoys being on a sucky team for less money

I liked his game, consistent improvement, unselfish (for the most part) play, defense, and work ethic.

He lost the goodwill I had with the selfish way he went out.
I don't wish him injury or any ill, but I don't wish him success. I honestly don't care anymore.
I won't root for or against him.

hindsight-rear-view-future-past-road-mirror.jpg

Booker and Hill were different situations and different from each other as well.

I wish Booker all the success and goodwill I can throw at him. I like him a lot.
I'll clap for him if he comes to town, but not for his team to win, just because he's a favorite former player.

Hill, I have nothing against him, and honestly think we did not go after Hill because Hayward pushed the Jazz to go after Rubio. I don't think that was a Hill thing.
I wish him well, but it doesn't move the needle much. I'm not going out of my way, and I'm not cheering for him when he comes to town to play against the Jazz nor will I boo.

Damn, he looks hideous in green tbpfhwy.

And that's with a tan. Once he's back to his pasty white he'll look putrid.

What's green and white and red all over? Haywad bleeding from the fat lip Rudy's gonna give him.

I liked his game, consistent improvement, unselfish (for the most part) play, defense, and work ethic.

He lost the goodwill I had with the selfish way he went out.
I don't wish him injury or any ill, but I don't wish him success. I honestly don't care anymore.
I won't root for or against him.

hindsight-rear-view-future-past-road-mirror.jpg

Booker and Hill were different situations and different from each other as well.

I wish Booker all the success and goodwill I can throw at him. I like him a lot.
I'll clap for him if he comes to town, but not for his team to win, just because he's a favorite former player.

Hill, I have nothing against him, and honestly think we did not go after Hill because Hayward pushed the Jazz to go after Rubio. I don't think that was a Hill thing.
I wish him well, but it doesn't move the needle much. I'm not going out of my way, and I'm not cheering for him when he comes to town to play against the Jazz nor will I boo.

Hayward pushed the Jazz towards Rubio and away from Hill? I though the narrative even before the season ended was that Hayward was going to keep a close eye on whether or not the Jazz brought back Hill and many thought them to be a package deal?

Hayward pushed the Jazz towards Rubio and away from Hill? I though the narrative even before the season ended was that Hayward was going to keep a close eye on whether or not the Jazz brought back Hill and many thought them to be a package deal?

That's what I thought too during, but after in interviews I remember it being said that when Hayward and the Jazz met the Jazz were confident that they did what was needed to keep him and they even got Rubio like he wanted. It might have been Lindsey that said it. IIRC

I don't have a link right now.

That's what I thought too during, but after in interviews I remember it being said that when Hayward and the Jazz met the Jazz were confident that they did what was needed to keep him and they even got Rubio like he wanted. It might have been Lindsey that said it. IIRC

I don't have a link right now.

If I remember correctly, the Jazz asked Gordon about Rubio as they considered a deal and were told that Gordon would be excited to play with him. Probably just semantics at this point. Either way, I'm actually pretty excited for Rubio.

I'll root for him to fail miserably? Does that count? I don't wish the best for players who leave the Jazz. I always hope they fail when they leave. I'm a Jazz fan I don't really give 2 ****s about them once they're gone.

The ONLY man who could wear Celtic green (besides Bird) and look like a complete and total bad *** was Robert Parish.

72340843_display_image.jpg

I'll admit I liked the Celtics with DJ, Bird, Parish, McHale, Walton, others and even Ainge.
They were fun to watch.

Now I'll also admit I have not liked any Celtics teams since that time, and can't remember even any Celtics players that have moved the needle for me, past or current.

I'll admit I liked the Celtics with DJ, Bird, Parish, McHale, Walton, others and even Ainge.
They were fun to watch.

Now I'll also admit I have not liked any Celtics teams since that time, and can't remember even any Celtics players that have moved the needle for me, past or current.

My favorite all time player was Larry Bird. I was a Celtics fan when he was on the team. I didn't start really caring about the Jazz until after Bird was a shell of himself. I stopped caring about the Celtics the minute he retired.

Y'all hear about how he was conspiring to come to Cleveland before Lebrons return kibosh'd it?

**** this clown. Was never loyal to the franchise in any sense. Don't hope for injury, but I hope for heartbreak and regret.

Y'all hear about how he was conspiring to come to Cleveland before Lebrons return kibosh'd it?

**** this clown. Was never loyal to the franchise in any sense. Don't hope for injury, but I hope for heartbreak and regret.

Uhh, you are surprised to hear Hayward was trying to get a contract he desired from another team because Utah wasnt offering it? Is he suppose to take w/e Utah was giving him? That's DL damn fault for making Hayward shop for a deal. He royally ****ed that up and to blame Hayward is laughable.

Uhh, you are surprised to hear Hayward was trying to get a contract he desired from another team because Utah wasnt offering it? Is he suppose to take w/e Utah was giving him? That's DL damn fault for making Hayward shop for a deal. He royally ****ed that up and to blame Hayward is laughable.

Hayward didn't deserve a max contract when he was sent shopping. You could say DL did him a favor, because after that his improvements were markedly better. In hindsight you could say DL should have maxed him first, but at the time even you would have been angry had he done so based on Haywards play at the time.

Hayward didn't deserve a max contract when he was sent shopping. You could say DL did him a favor, because after that his improvements were markedly better. In hindsight you could say DL should have maxed him first, but at the time even you would have been angry had he done so based on Haywards play at the time.

We are fortunate you are not the GM if you believe he was not worth the contract he got

No I wouldn't. The first contract after the first 4 rookie contract years is more of a projected contract than immediate value. You don't price it at what their immediate 5th year value will be, you do it to what you project them to be in the 6th/7th/8th year. I always projected Hayward as a future all-star (well not in his first two years, but by the 3rd year I was all on board).

Hayward didn't earn an automatic max contract, and DL did absolutely nothing wrong.

I don't blame Hayward for gambling on himself, but this idea that it was a no-brainer to throw a max at him is ridiculous.

Last edited: