What's new

Article About Denver Wanting to Trade

It was a joke, relax.

The irony of calling someone Napolean as you plead to be acknowledged for a link you posted.

Plead? Nah. I would try to teach you about respect, but keyboard warriors don't care.

Back to the actual subject, I do agree with you about Faried that he should be a solid small ball center. No reason he couldn't play like Tristan Thompson and emphasize defense, rebounding and hustle. I don't know if he has the ability to defend one-v-one though against the Harden and Curry types. Regardless, he would only be here a year.

So... if we KNOW that Favors isn't coming back then why not? Faried would basically replace Favors on the roster. I would expect Crowder would start MOST games and Faried would start some games.

Faried for 1 year PLUS the 14th pick makes a lot of sense.

IF we want to keep Favors then I don't see this happening. Faried plus Favors likely means no Exum without going into the salary cap.

So, the question to ya'lls...

Would you take Faried for 1 year plus the 14th pick (Either swapping the 21st OR giving up a second rounder)

OR

Would you resign Favors and stick with the 21st pick?

I would make sure that I checked with Favor's agent very closely prior to the draft to gauge his resigning with Utah. If it looks doubtful then why not?

This would screw up cap space for 2019 but I wonder if the Clips would do Gallo and 12 or 13 for Burks?

Maybe we’d get lucky and get a healthy Gallo for two years. We’d also have picks 12 or 13 as well as 21 this year.

The Clips would do it to shed about 11M this year and 22M next.

This would screw up cap space for 2019 but I wonder if the Clips would do Gallo and 12 or 13 for Burks?

Maybe we’d get lucky and get a healthy Gallo for two years. We’d also have picks 12 or 13 as well as 21 this year.

The Clips would do it to shed about 11M this year and 22M next.

Like what are the chances we get a legit guy in FA next season? Let’s be real.

Maybe we can catch lightning in a bottle for two years with Gallo. He’s the killer stretch 4 shooter we’ve wanted, his turnstile d not withstanding.

We’d also have the 12th and 21st picks and could maybe move up for one of the Bridges.

Rubio-Exum
Mitchell-O’Neale
Ingles-Sef
Favors-Crowder-Gallo
Gobert

Our 9 man core.

Gallo is an interesting situation. Our FO did like him last time he was a free agent. My question is this - how bad is his defense? If he is average, he is worth a look. We should get at least #12.

Sent from my VS995 using JazzFanz mobile app

Easy pass on Gallo. I think the Jazz can find a better deal and get a guy with a clean bill of health. Way too much money to gamble on him staying healthy enough to contribute in the playoffs.

I don't know why we would want Faried. After the Cavs get swept and LeBron goes to the Lakers or Rockets the Cavs will be looking to rebuild. Go get Kevin Love. How do the Jazz trade for him tho?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Faried is an energy guy who gets a team extra possessions. A change of scenery could reinvigorate his career. He should be an asset as a small ball Center. He would have been perfect PF to play alongside a shooting Center like Memo

If for whatever reason Favors isn't coming back, I like the idea of being compensated to take a flier on Faried for 1 year.

There's a hang up here though. I believe just taking on Faried's expiring contract isn't compensating Denver enough for the 14th pick. They would likely want something small in return. I'm not sure what that would be and I don't really see a trade between the two teams that makes sense for both sides right now. I'm also not convinced there's a huge difference between the 14th and 21st picks this year. Not enough to justify the Jazz giving up anything else.

Denver is only packaging that pick if they get off of Faried's entire salary next year. If it's true that we can't use any of The Trio for that, there is nothing to really discuss here. Like, at all.

Denver is only packaging that pick if they get off of Faried's entire salary next year. If it's true that we can't use any of The Trio for that, there is nothing to really discuss here. Like, at all.
I suppose if the Jazz renounce Favors' and The Trio's rights, they may be under the cap enough to absorb the contract outright with cap space? But the timeline there is tricky, and it may hardcap the team for the offseason.

Perhaps there is wizardry to be performed here, but I can't see it.

All that being said, if there is a Mitchell or Gobert on the board at that slot, you do whatever it takes to get there. Completing the core with another Denver 1st rounder would be legendary.

Like what are the chances we get a legit guy in FA next season? Let’s be real.

Maybe we can catch lightning in a bottle for two years with Gallo. He’s the killer stretch 4 shooter we’ve wanted, his turnstile d not withstanding.

We’d also have the 12th and 21st picks and could maybe move up for one of the Bridges.

Yuck. We already have Thabo and Jonas to stretch, why overpay a SF who is only an ok 3 ball shooter?