What's new

At least the guns are okay

Icelands strict laws to purchase guns can only happen due to them not having that awesome 2nd ammendment.

We will be the ones laughing at them though when they are under attack from their tyrannical government and dont have the gunpower to defeat their government. Just wait.....

Just read this article and it literally brought me to tears. (to be fair, i tear up easily. Still though. How horrible)

comments section: So in Iceland, my Brothers who live over there, have to pass a background check, firearms education class, mental health check, and register all firearms with their local police department just to legally own a gun. I was visiting friends in Prague (Central Europe) last month and they reminded how safe it is to walk around Central Europe in the evening. It is tough to live in America sometimes because too many Americans do not trust their government, their law enforcement, or each other. Many parts of the United States seems like a war zone.

Millions of right wing Americans couldn't care less as the gun is more important to them than life itself as is evident in your country. Although you do give the most "thoughts & prayers" of any other place on earth as I'm reminded that this is gods will but only in America. I guess you must have your own official American god.
This might’ve been the same girl from part of the video I accidentally saw. I clicked out of it after a second because I didn’t want to see it. It looked like a bowling ball had been fired through her mouth…

"The first girl I walked up to was crouched down, covering her head in the bushes. So I felt for a pulse, pulled her head to the side, and she had no face," he told the local outlet
And this is just heart breaking:
Spainhouer said he also found a child covered by his mother, who had died in the attack.

"When I rolled the mother over, he came out, and I asked him, 'Are you okay?' And he said, 'My mom is hurt. My mom is hurt,'" Spainehouer recalled. "So rather than traumatize him any more I put him around the corner, sat him down. He was covered from head to toe like somebody had poured blood on him."
But at least the NRA will make some money off of this. Freedom!

I don’t understand this culture. I never will.

View: https://twitter.com/patriottakes/status/1655031440545857537?s=46&t=QT7YFlZ_IlHq81PpZAhKgw

Icelands strict laws to purchase guns can only happen due to them not having that awesome 2nd ammendment.

We will be the ones laughing at them though when they are under attack from their tyrannical government and dont have the gunpower to defeat their government. Just wait.....
I saw something recently that applies. It said something like…

“Americans allow themselves to be terrorized daily by fellow citizens with guns on the off chance that they may need to use them to shoot a government that may terrorize them.”

It doesn’t have to be this way. We can regulate guns. The second even says they’re to be regulated. Why do we ignore that part?
“How US gun control compares to the rest of the world”
  • Germany: To buy a gun, anyone under the age of 25 has to pass a psychiatric evaluation. Presumably, 21-year-old Charleston shooter Dylann Roof would have failed.
  • Finland: Handgun license applicants are allowed to purchase firearms only if they can prove they are active members of regulated shooting clubs. Before they can get a gun, applicants must pass an aptitude test, submit to a police interview and show they have a proper gun storage unit.
  • Italy: To secure a gun permit, one must establish a genuine reason to possess a firearm and pass a background check considering both criminal and mental health records.
  • France: Firearms applicants must have no criminal record and pass a background check that considers the reason for the gun purchase and evaluates the criminal, mental and health records of the applicant.
  • United Kingdom and Japan: Handguns are illegal for private citizens.

This might’ve been the same girl from part of the video I accidentally saw. I clicked out of it after a second because I didn’t want to see it. It looked like a bowling ball had been fired through her mouth…

View: https://twitter.com/patriottakes/status/1655031440545857537?s=46&t=QT7YFlZ_IlHq81PpZAhKgw

Ya people often says guns aren't the problem. They are simply tools. And I can see that point and agree to an extent. Thing is that so many people who are supportive of guns laws and who purchase guns legally have the mentality displayed on those t-shirts and that is simply disgusting and a large part of the problem. They hope to someday get the chance to use their guns in self defense or to be a hero and take out the bad guy. People love their guns. They aren't tools to them, they are more like children. That is a problem.
There are many people who could have God come right up to them and tell them "your guns will never be needed for anything in your life. Not for protection. Not for getting needed food. They will never do you any good" And they would still not get rid of their guns. Hell, God could probably tell them "that in the future one of their own guns will kill one of their family members" and they would probably be like, "im sure God was just joking about that. I dont beleive Him"

Guns are regulated, heavily. Some are banned. There are plenty of laws making murder illegal so obviously passing laws doesn't stop murder from happening. The problem isn't a lack of laws. The problem is you. You want this. You do realize that Twitter is a curated feed, right? Twitter shows you what algorithmically it has determined you want to see. So long as people like you continue to make these murderers heard, bto comment on their actions, to acknowledge their existence when you never would have had they not killed people using guns, this will continue. There are some lonely, f'd up people in this world looking for connection and your Twitter feed is proof they have indeed found a way. Hi, it's you, you're the problem, it's you.
While there is some true in what you are saying, I would add that social media has added to the mental issues/disconnect of many people in society but Mass shootings were happening before the Internet so the only constant is people who have access to weapons of war and a grudge or anger issue. There are plenty of restrictions that could be put in place to lower/eliminate these types of shooting. The intent of the 2nd Amendment was never to have just anyone own any type of gun. You could have responsible gun ownership along with law to protect the general public. Ignoring what is happening isn't the solution nor are prayers.

I saw something recently that applies. It said something like…

“Americans allow themselves to be terrorized daily by fellow citizens with guns on the off chance that they may need to use them to shoot a government that may terrorize them.”

It doesn’t have to be this way. We can regulate guns. The second even says they’re to be regulated. Why do we ignore that part?
“How US gun control compares to the rest of the world”
Because certain people like to cherry pick information that fits their own narratives. People are making millions of dollars off the selling of guns is the main reason. Politicians are getting millions of dollars donated to their reelection campaigns.

I mean if you want to live in fairy tales and fantasy land I get it but there are bad things that have happened throughout history and to think that it couldn't happen to us is a huge risk. Now do I sit and clutch my weapons that are hurting absolutely nobody in my safe? No. But for people to think that this world is a safe place if you take away guns, I find that naive. I mean on this very board we have posters wanting to murder other posters, calling others cultist, telling them they are a danger to society for NOTHING more than having different political. This world is unsafe and that goes in many directions.

Russia Says Likelihood of Nuclear Weapons Being Used Growing by the Day​

Former Russian President Dmitry Medvedev said on Tuesday that the likelihood of nuclear weapons being used is growing by the day.

Nuclear weapons are "the backbone that holds the state together" and are of fundamental importance for the existence of Russia, Medvedev who was President Vladimir Putin's stand-in president between 2008 and 2012 and now serves as deputy head of Russia's Security Council, told an educational event.

Going back to these shirts (which disgust me), I think the companies that made those shirts should get fined for promoting gun violence and it would also be nice if anyone who bought one of those shirts were automatically put on a list of people who businesses are not allowed to sell guns or ammo to as it shows a propensity for gun violence. There is something wrong with your mental health if you are buying those shirts. And we all agree that those with mental health issues shouldn't have guns and ammo.

Like that show "to catch a predator" they would bait people into exposing their sickness and then there would be consequences. I think gun stores could intentionally put out these disgusting shirts and then if someone buys one, that would expose their sickness and the consequence would be that they cant buy guns or ammo anymore.

For now since those shirts aren't being used in a positive way I still think the companies making them should be fined and not allowed to make those kinds of sick shirts anymore.

Last edited:
While there is some true in what you are saying, I would add that social media has added to the mental issues/disconnect of many people in society but Mass shootings were happening before the Internet so the only constant is people who have access to weapons of war and a grudge or anger issue. There are plenty of restrictions that could be put in place to lower/eliminate these types of shooting. The intent of the 2nd Amendment was never to have just anyone own any type of gun. You could have responsible gun ownership along with law to protect the general public. Ignoring what is happening isn't the solution nor are prayers.
Getting lost in this is the self-harm that comes with gun ownership. Homes with guns are less safe. Guns are the #1 method white males kill themselves. Having more wait times, raising ages, making training mandatory, red flag laws, insurance, etc are all things we can do to mitigate the damage guns are causing in our society. If increased wait times helps to mitigate one suicide or one mass shooting, then it’s worth it.

The Founding Fathers never meant for anyone to have any type of gun whenever. Even in the 1800s, In the wild Wild West, it was customary for guns to be checked in with the sheriff so small squabbles didn’t lead to shootouts.

In 2023, people are using guns to kill themselves, neighbors, and people making honest mistakes. At some pt, enough people and politicians will agree that this isn’t tolerable. The only question is when. Already most in a Fox News poll support greater gun regulation. Fox News folks, not MSNBC, Fox News.

IMG_8086.jpeg

Going back to these shirts (which disgust me), I think the companies that made those shirts should get fined for promoting gun violence and it would also be nice if anyone who bought one of those shirts were automatically put on a list of people who businesses are not allowed to sell guns or ammo to as it shows a propensity for gun violence. There is something wrong with your mental health if you are buying those shirts. And we all agree that those with mental health issues shouldn't have guns and ammo.
Agreed.

How does this help at all? And who are the jerks who think this is cool or funny? Just deplorable. I’ll never understand this sick childish culture. I’d like to see our laws reflect our values. Let’s change the culture. Create a stigma against this type of crap, like we’ve done with smoking.

IMG_8070.jpeg
IMG_8069.jpeg
IMG_8071.jpeg
Deplorable completely deplorable

Getting lost in this is the self-harm that comes with gun ownership. Homes with guns are less safe. Guns are the #1 method white males kill themselves. Having more wait times, raising ages, making training mandatory, red flag laws, insurance, etc are all things we can do to mitigate the damage guns are causing in our society. If increased wait times helps to mitigate one suicide or one mass shooting, then it’s worth it.

The Founding Fathers never meant for anyone to have any type of gun whenever. Even in the 1800s, In the wild Wild West, it was customary for guns to be checked in with the sheriff so small squabbles didn’t lead to shootouts.

In 2023, people are using guns to kill themselves, neighbors, and people making honest mistakes. At some pt, enough people and politicians will agree that this isn’t tolerable. The only question is when. Already most in a Fox News poll support greater gun regulation.

View attachment 14384
Background checks are already required in most circumstances. Democrats are the ones letting criminals with gun crimes of they love their criminals. Legal age to 21 I actually don't mind but how many mass shootings will this stop? Very few. Ban assault weapons... You cant even tell me what that is. More people carrying? I think it would help but it's not the fix.

I think people who call other cultist and call them a threat to society but can't even back themselves up is also promoting violence. These are bullies and nothing more.

The dumbest solution that I have seen proposed is more guns. I mean we literally have more guns than people. We have more guns than ever before. We also have more gun violence. We tried that solution already. Turns out, its actually a problem instead of a solution.

Is there any other problem that we try that solution for? Like does anyone think the solution to fetanyl/opiod deaths is more fetanyl/opiods? Fetanyl/opiods aren't the issue. They are inanimate objects. They aren't bad. What we need to solve the crisis is more of the object that is the common denominator of the crisis!

The dumbest solution that I have seen proposed is more guns. I mean we literally have more guns than people. We have more guns than ever before. We also have more gun violence. We tried that solution already. Turns out, its actually a problem instead of a solution.

Is there any other problem that we try that solution for? Like does anyone think the solution to fetanyl/opiod deaths is more fetanyl/opiods? Fetanyl/opiods aren't the issue. They are inanimate objects. They aren't bad. What we need to solve the crisis is more of the object that is the common denominator of the crisis!
We also tried an assault weapons ban.

How about we stop bullying and calling other cultist and threats to society just to troll? You think that would help? Telling people that they are murders for not taking a vaccine like your bff? Wishing others to literally starve to death? Calling people transphobes? I think this hate and discontent towards one another is a huge proponent to what's going on. And it's not just one side or entity. I've admitted my wrong doing and have made a concentrated effort to tone it down though I'm still guilty.

I didn't realize that this shooting in texas was only 1 of three that happened yesterday. There are just too many for them all to be big news.

Saturday's mass shooting was the nation's third of the day, following others in Chico, California, and Columbus, Ohio.

James Alan Fox, a professor of Criminology, Law & Public Policy at Northeastern who has studied mass killings for 40 years, says 2023 has been the worst year in terms of mass killings "since at least 2006 and probably ever."

"I've not seen anything like this," Fox said. "We have more guns in the hands of Americans. Gun sales have skyrocketed since COVID. There's a lot of divisiveness in this country, and people suffering emotionally and economically since the pandemic."

Mass killings are happening with staggering frequency in the United States this year: an average of about one a week, according to an analysis of the Associated Press/USA TODAY/Northeastern University mass killing database. So far there have been 22 mass killings in the U.S. in 2023.

The Gun Violence Archive says the Texas mass shooting is the 200th in the nation this year and the 12th in May. Mass shootings, defined as four or more people shot, differ from mass killings, defined as four or more people killed.

I dont understand that last part. One sentence says we have had 22 mass killings in the U.S. in 2023. Then the very next sentence says we have had 200 mass shootings and 12 in may. Which is correct?

What a shock. One of Donald’s “very fine people.”

ALLEN, Tex. — The 33-year-old gunman who opened fire on an outlet mall in a Dallas suburb Saturday, killing at least eight people, had an apparent fascination with white supremacist or neo-Nazi beliefs that are now being examined by investigators as a possible motive for the attack, people familiar with the investigation said Sunday…

Authorities have not released a motive, but a patch on his chest said “RWDS,” an acronym that stands for Right Wing Death Squad, according to people familiar with the investigation. The phrase is popular among right wing extremists, neo-Nazis and white supremacists, they said, and while there is still a great deal of evidence to analyze and authorities have not reached any conclusions yet, investigators are approaching the shooting as a possible hate crime.
Can’t wait for former classmates and neighbors to describe him as a quiet loner. Antisocial and angry. Bet all of his friends online knew something was up. Probably has a manifesto too. Someone who should’ve never had ease of access to guns but Murika gives him the means to destroy so many lives in seconds.

Last edited: