What's new

At this stage of the off-season, where do you think the Jazz finish in the West?

Where do you expect the Jazz to finish in the Western Conference standings?

• Win the West

Votes: 4 3.6%
  • Homecourt in the 1st round of the playoffs (2-4 seed)

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Playoff team (5 or 6 seed)

Votes: 32 28.6%
  • Play-in team (7-10 seed)

Votes: 57 50.9%
  • Bottom-5 team

Votes: 12 10.7%

• Total voters
I am an optimist but Im not often disappointed. Life goes on even if I'm wrong, but being hyped up is worth it.

Maybe you fear being disappointed too much.

Besides, we would have won 40+ last year had we tried our best all the way. No reason to think we are worse now, even if Hardys style is bound to be better scouted.
If we are taking a win now approach, and leaving rookies on the bench ,being completely out if the Hardy rotation like OA last season and only giving some minutes with low low usage to Sexton as well, instead of starting him,then we still won't win close to 40 games. Use of rooks is expected though so thats more learning and losing imo.
If we start Sexton at the 1 and he does well, I might buy we win 40. If Hendricks plays as well as Kessler did as a rook

Lakers got way better in FA but these predictions have them around the jazz?

If the clippers are healthy they are really tough and they have a new coach and may get Harden and they are in the play in range?

Every team that has added Chris Paul has improved the following season, but yall have the warriors as the 10th seed? They had Jordan poole on the court after that sucker punch and now he is gone. Less cancer, more vets, less inefficient chucking.

We had a deeper, more veteran team last year in spite of Collins addition. Conley helped a lot but he is gone. .500 ball is optimistic unless Hardy balls out. Play in is possible but I have us in the 9 - 10 range if all teams play injury free.

How did lakers get way better by adding Prince and Vincent ? I mean they re-signed their own , but I don’t see the needle moving that much

How did lakers get way better by adding Prince and Vincent ? I mean they re-signed their own , but I don’t see the needle moving that much
The Lakers played WAY better after the trades they made at the deadline.

They went deep in the playoffs which helped them gel. And now they added 2 x two way players plus a few flyers including cam reddish. They will be solid and they look way better than us on paper.

7-10 I think is best possible scenario. If Brice or Taylor are anything like George, they're going to need a good half season or more to get into NBA ready.

The Lakers played WAY better after the trades they made at the deadline.

They went deep in the playoffs which helped them gel. And now they added 2 x two way players plus a few flyers including cam reddish. They will be solid and they look way better than us on paper.

Getting swept , 2 ageing stars

I Wouldn’t refer to reddish as a flyer , couldn’t get off the bench in the end in New York , played some mins in Portland due to tanking

Career 39%fg 32%3pt range …

Vincent i like , but isn’t a huge signing , and Prince is solid at best

Realistically, I think 7 to 12 is probably where we hit. We basically held onto our key FAs while getting Collins and, on paper, we drafted some nice rookie depth. The primary issue is the West will still be the conference where nearly everyone has a plausible claim to having that dawg in them.

Teams we are not better than:

• Nuggets - Lost a bit of depth, but still the champ until dethroned.
• Suns - Very much like a Porsche doing 100 mph with four balding tires. Looks snazzy, but one blowout and they're boned.
• Kings - Don't know if they did enough to get over the hump, but they are trying. Have to respect that.
• Grizzlies - I think Smart helps them a ton with the locker room. Otherwise, still talented as heck.
• Lakers - Put it together last year. AD and Bron will always give them a chance if healthy.
• OKC - Way too much talent there to not do something, else someone needs to be fired.

I don't see Portland, Dallas, or the Spurs being outright better than Utah. Houston has so much talent on paper, but unless Udoka can right the ship, that locker room is a fustercluck of a Soap Opera waiting to happen. The rest is simply seeing what the cards have in store. A lot of our success will hinge on PG play, getting Collins back up to snuff, and exploiting just how manly awesome our front court really is. Utah's main advantages will be shooting, size, shooting, potentially fantastic depth, great 2 guard rotations, shooting, and interior and weak-side D. Our defense still may be a point of overall concern, but we definitely won't be hurting for range.

Getting swept , 2 ageing stars

I Wouldn’t refer to reddish as a flyer , couldn’t get off the bench in the end in New York , played some mins in Portland due to tanking

Career 39%fg 32%3pt range …

Vincent i like , but isn’t a huge signing , and Prince is solid at best
- 13th place in the west at the trade deadline.
- Finished 7th in regular season post trades.
- 2nd round in the playoffs.
- Swapped Schroeder for Vincent (a great 2 way player who started for the heat on that magical playoff finals run)
- Swapped Beasley for Prince (a plus)
- Retained all their key contributors
- Cam is their 12th man? Nothing special but rui wasn't either
- Lebron and AD are still really good

Its not hard to see the Lakers as a top 6 seed this year barring injuries. They are better than us on paper.

Realistically, I think 7 to 12 is probably where we hit. We basically held onto our key FAs while getting Collins and, on paper, we drafted some nice rookie depth. The primary issue is the West will still be the conference where nearly everyone has a plausible claim to having that dawg in them.

• Suns - Very much like a Porsche doing 100 mph with four balding tires. Looks snazzy, but one blowout and they're boned.
• Kings - Don't know if they did enough to get over the hump, but they are trying. Have to respect that.
• Grizzlies - I think Smart helps them a ton with the locker room. Otherwise, still talented as heck.
• Lakers - Put it together last year. AD and Bron will always give them a chance if healthy.
• OKC - Way too much talent there to not do something, else someone needs to be fired.

I don't see Portland, Dallas, or the Spurs being outright better than Utah. Houston has so much talent on paper, but unless Udoka can right the ship, that locker room is a fustercluck of a Soap Opera waiting to happen. The rest is simply seeing what the cards have in store. A lot of our success will hinge on PG play, getting Collins back up to snuff, and exploiting just how manly awesome our front court really is. Utah's main advantages will be shooting, size, shooting, potentially fantastic depth, great 2 guard rotations, shooting, and interior and weak-side D. Our defense still may be a point of overall concern, but we definitely won't be hurting for range.
Clippers were tough (5th seed) without Kawhi and Paul most of the year. I think they have to be on this list.

People are sleeping on the Warriors as well. Chris Paul is a competitor and he is now a role player for them.

sorry but I have to ask, what in the cluck is a fuster? lol

Let's count IT.
Which team have a chance to be worst than UT.

DALLAS - better
DENVER - better
GOLDEN STATE - better
HOUSTON - better
LALAKERS - better
LACLIPPERS - better
MEMPHIS - better
MINNESOTA - better
NEW ORLEAN - better
OKLAHOMA - better
PHOENIX - better
PORTLAND - better
PHOENIX - better
SACRAMENTO - better
SAN ANTONIO - better

It is not Dame time. Danny A. has time he got it because of reboulding.

The Suns, Lakers, Clippers and Warriors are getting old and are aging out of contention in the next year or two.

The Kings, Mavericks and Twolves have limited ceilings, unless they can make some resourceful moves.

In future seasons, the Jazz are going to be competing with OKC, the Pels (if they're ever healthy), Memphis and hopefully Denver.

The Spurs, Rockets and Blazers need some time to build up.

The chatter is that the Jazz are interested in swinging for Dame, but I could understand if they want to be more patient than that.

Let's count IT.
Which team have a chance to be worst than UT.

DALLAS - better
DENVER - better
GOLDEN STATE - better
HOUSTON - better
LALAKERS - better
LACLIPPERS - better
MEMPHIS - better
MINNESOTA - better
NEW ORLEAN - better
OKLAHOMA - better
PHOENIX - better
PORTLAND - better
PHOENIX - better
SACRAMENTO - better
SAN ANTONIO - better

It is not Dame time. Danny A. has time he got it because of reboulding.

This year, the Jazz will be better than Houston, San Antonio and Portland. Also, Golden State and the LA Clippers are on the verge of falling apart due to age and limited assets.

Jazz should be about on par with OKC and Dallas, imo.

I feel like one of the older teams is going to bust and go down in flames….but on paper it’s difficult to say we’re much better than a play in team right now.

WC Tiers:

1: Denver, SacTown

Denver was the clear best team in the NBA and despite losing a player their key cogs are back and still ascending. Sacramento is also ascending with great young talent and will take the next step.

2: Jazz, PHX, Lakers

Jazz will ride a dominant defense to the top 1/2 of the conference standings, PHX will ride high with their top heavy roster until eventually flaming out, Lakers are deep but not dominant and will have too many missed games by their stars to finish at the very top.

3: Clips, OKC, GSW, Mavs

3 teams with lots of talent but deep flaws of one sort or another. OKC will probably have the best chance to ascend to the next tier.

4: Blazers, Pelicans, Grizz

Ja distraction knocks Grizz down, Blazers may move depending on what assets they get for Dame, Pelicans perennial health concerns tie them down here

5: San Antonio, Houston, Wolves

Texas teams talent infusions won’t be enough to pass the other teams this season, but they’ll stop being automatic schedule wins. Wolves experiment will fail and they’ll have to figure out a new path by the trade deadline.