What's new

Atlanta Rudy Trade

Atlanta fan here. Not interested. Remove Okongwu and we have a deal. Otherwise, that's an awful deal for us and far too rich for Utah

I can see the value of JC, two 1sts, and while I don't believe JJ has much value. Money wise, this doesn't work. I would gladly do a Kevin and JC deal without any picks.

Okongwu is a non starter for us. Any deal with him is an instant no unless we are trading for a legit gamechanger superstar with a reasonable contract. Neither of which is Rudy. Okongwu, Hunter, and Trae are simply off the table. We need them too much for the rest of the east. Otherwise, we can't do a deal.

Maybe another team can give you a better offer. Try Charlotte. They have two 1sts.
Thanks for coming and providing input from your perspective.

Maybe you're right that Okongwu is off-limits. And actually, there's no better guy to mentor him than Rudy.

Rudy and Rudy ($44.2)
for
Collins, Capella, Johnson and picks ($44.5)

Sent from my SM-A516U using JazzFanz mobile app

It was said that Capela and Young were the only untouchables on the ATL roster at deadline. .

Atlanta couldn't trade Capella because he had just signed an extension which trade limitations went past the deadline.

Atlanta would trade Capella for Rudy in a heartbeat in my personal opinion.

Me personally, I'll keep Mitchell. Too hard to find #1 options even in today's NBA. I'll just create a five out 5 that can switch everything. I would be trying to get JC and Myles Turner. That's a perfect pairing for JC. Issue is, Turner doesn't fit Trae.

The biggest issue I have with Utah is the Conley. If he plays like he did last year, you got a stud but if he plays like he did this year, you have a dud. Conley is the engine.
Lmao. I hope the jazz are smart enough not to subject the jazz to a team that gives up 120 a game and just misses or makes the playoffs. That’s the kiss of death for a market like Utah. Besides, if this is Utah’s fate, it won’t be long before Mitchell is asking out, so, if you are going to trade the main catalyst for this team winning ball games, then might as well trade DM as well. Idiot!!

The Hoop Collective podcast absolutely **** on Donovan Bitchell.

Basically said if Utah keeps Donovan and trades Rudy, they expect Utah to be a bottom 10 team.

Everyone agreed Rudy is the better player. Said that if Rudy gets traded he could be the final piece to a championship team. Said Utah needs to completely blow it up if they deal Gobert.
Basically how I feel.
Atlanta couldn't trade Capella because he had just signed an extension which trade limitations went past the deadline.

Atlanta would trade Capella for Rudy in a heartbeat in my personal opinion.

Just stop it. This Atlanta fan is an idiot if he’s not willing to throw in Okongwu to get Gobert who makes them a legitimate contender, then he’s an idiot!!

Here are some of the trades just with Atlanta that show that the finances work:

1651497904885.png1651497951438.png1651497999735.png

If the Atlanta trade does happen my prediction is Capela, Collins and #16 for Gobert and Gay. Maybe we get a 2nd or two but that will be the return. There may be a Bogey for Bogey swap to balance rosters a bit but I'm not sure that is a win for us at all... Their Bogey has had a bunch of injury issues.

If the Atlanta trade does happen my prediction is Capela, Collins and #16 for Gobert and Gay. Maybe we get a 2nd or two but that will be the return. There may be a Bogey for Bogey swap to balance rosters a bit but I'm not sure that is a win for us at all... Their Bogey has had a bunch of injury issues.
You end up starting Donovan, Bogdon, Royce, Collins, and Capela and pray that the 16th pick becomes Kawhi, Klay, Donovan, Haliburton or Giannis.

You end up starting Donovan, Bogdon, Royce, Collins, and Capela and pray that the 16th pick becomes Kawhi, Klay, Donovan, Haliburton or Giannis.
I just don't think Capela has a lot of positive trade value, and Atlanta isn't coming from a position of strength with Collins. I think Rudy is worth so much more to Atlanta than Capela and Collins. Maybe we don't get much more than that. Maybe we see dumping Gay as another pick.

I don't know. Just seems like we should be able to get more especially if GS is dangling Wiggins, Wiseman, etc. or Charlotte is offering a decent amount or Toronto is offering something good. Maybe even Dallas too.

I just don't think Capela has a lot of positive trade value, and Atlanta isn't coming from a position of strength with Collins. I think Rudy is worth so much more to Atlanta than Capela and Collins. Maybe we don't get much more than that. Maybe we see dumping Gay as another pick.

I don't know. Just seems like we should be able to get more especially if GS is dangling Wiggins, Wiseman, etc. or Charlotte is offering a decent amount or Toronto is offering something good. Maybe even Dallas too.
The contract size with Rudy will work against a us… especially with Charlotte and MJ. I’m not sure Wiseman is any good… he might be in a bad place physically. Toronto has an interesting comb but Masai is basically undefeated in trades so proceed with caution.

I think we are at a slight disadvantage because we really need to move him to the other conference if the goal is to appease Donovan. And the other teams don’t have to do anything. I hope I’m wrong and we get more.

Lopo I like the trade But Collins wants a big payday and he didn't play that well in the playoffs. Randle is not an upgrade. No way I want him on the Jazz.

Lopo I like the trade But Collins wants a big payday and he didn't play that well in the playoffs. Randle is not an upgrade. No way I want him on the Jazz.
Thanks

Collins is already under contract. Most people think he's overpaid which could work some in our favor. He's definitely moving this summer. Where is the question.

I agree on Randle. I would take him on the cheap (like Conley for Randle which I doubt is even possible), but I would rather have Collins.

I really hate Gobert in Atlanta.

It would be slightly better for him because Trae is a better passer than PrimaDonovan, but all the issues that plagued the Jazz will plague the Hawks.

I'll both be rooting for Gobert and rooting for the Jazz to tank.

Even if Mitchell stays there are still high odds the Jazz can tank into the bottom 8 by accident, which will be fun in multiple ways for me.
So you'll be rooting for the Jazz to lose.

So leave when Rudy is shipped out.

And trust me, we are going to be a fun team to watch.

I want the big guy in Charlotte baby!!! This would make my day!

Sent from my iPhone using JazzFanz
I think Toronto is my favorite spot for him personally. Anything East coast so I can watch his games and still catch most Jazz games would be ideal. Grizzlies would be a great spot too, but I think Utah might hesitate trading him in conference because of how stupid it will make them look.

Brooklyn would also be great because it would certainly result in a ring for Gobert, but I don't really have that much desire to see him with KD/Kyrie because they kind of annoy me overall.

I'll both be rooting for Gobert and rooting for the Jazz to tank.

Even if Mitchell stays there are still high odds the Jazz can tank into the bottom 8 by accident, which will be fun in multiple ways for me.
Maybe that is what Ainge does... move Conley and Bogey for future facing assets cuz "that's all we could get". Move Rudy in a package that gets mostly picks... then start the unintentional but totally intentional tank... midseason a desperate team makes an offer for Donovan and you take it... or you run out the whole season.

We are a lotto team next year... I'm sure of it.