What's new

Audio Ads?

what if some like audio ads with their jazzfanz experience.
is there any way you could turn them on for some posters?
might be kinda inconsiderate to only cater to one side. mob rules tho, rite?

Any way to stop video ads? I can't post on this site with a video ad on. And once a page gets a video ad it will be there every time I go to that page. I've given up on some interesting conversations because I can't post unless I want to wait 5 seconds between every keystroke.

The video ad thing is a pervasive problem. It keeps cropping up no matter what. I know we need to report the ad, but it seems to me that getting rid of any and all advertisers that use video ads at all is the solution. Stick to banner ads, which many (several?) of us I am sure click with some regularity to help fund the website. I like to browse JF during business meetings and conference calls and had to install ad blocker plus so I didn't have to worry about an ad speaking up during a web conference from another tab.

The video ads are a serious problem. As of a few days ago a lot of the video ads are expanding... they "pop up" and occupy the lower right hand corner of the screen. And often won't let you close them for 5-10 seconds. Since pop up ads are essentially the reason jazzfanz was started in the first place, they make me especially mad.

It also bugs me a lot that the videos automatically start with their audio on, since I often have several jazzfanz pages open at once. Then I get a mess of people talking all at the same time.

The video ads also seem to make the site run substantially slower to me, but I could be mistaken about that.

Just got redirected from this site to a site that took over my computer and without using task manager won't let me do anything else on the internet (including shut it down). Happened 2 times in a row. The ******** ads on this site with audio and video causing slowness and pop ups while looking at it on my phone and now it taking over my computer is the last ****ing straw. If your advertisers control your site then **** this site. It's been months of complaints and still it does it. I will not come back to this site unless I decide to use an ad-blocker. No other message board I'm currently on or have ever been on is as big of a joke with regard to the advertising.

Our advertiser talked to Google and restricted the ads even more for us... let me know what you see/hear!

Thanks!

I just got blasted, in the middle of a geology class, by a Pedigree dog food ad at the bottom of the main page. It leads to their facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/PedigreeTreats

Seriously, my professor was in the middle of a power point that I wasn't paying attention to when it went off, at full volume. Had no idea how to turn it down. I haven't been that embarrassed in a long time.

I just got blasted, in the middle of a geology class, by a Pedigree dog food ad at the bottom of the main page. It leads to their facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/PedigreeTreats

Seriously, my professor was in the middle of a power point that I wasn't paying attention to when it went off, at full volume. Had no idea how to turn it down. I haven't been that embarrassed in a long time.

I just got the exact same ad.

Fortunately I was alone in my office, not in a class. :)