What's new

Game Thread Aug 13, 2020: Utah Jazz vs. San Antonio Spurs

Added to Calendar: 08-13-20

What pick are we getting if we win or lose?

That cost us 1 or 2 draft spots at least. One of Indiana/Miami will pass us, and the Thunder could tie us if they lose, which will make it a coin-toss. Houston could catch us too, if they lose, making it a 3-way coin toss. We could fall all the way back to #24.

I guess the good news is that Tucker and Brantley might be able to be 9th and 10th guys on our bench though.

Last edited:
My thoughts after watching the entire game.
I love Brantleys game. I thought the announcers were fantastic except when they were saying he looks to score first. I think he is more pass first and I like that about him. Very strong. After his big dunk (holy **** what a pass by Morgan btw) Mitchell 2 hand shoved him in celebration and Brantley didnt move a bit. Really long arms. Seems pretty smart. Can shoot a bit. I love that he can take the rebound and lead the break. Great handles for a guy how size. I wish he had a bit of a better motor though.

Oni must have the quickest release on the team and he is long and athletic (something the jazz need) and seems to work really hard. Not much else I like about his game but that's enough to keep me interested.

Tucker had a good game and is obviously strong and athletic unfortunately I just don't see enough skills or bbiq out of him.

NWG sucks and shouldn't be in the nba. And he even played decent today imo. He just looks out of place out there.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app

Clarkson truly gets up shots at an outstanding rate. Like none I've ever seen.
This.
I was just going to make this comment. I feel like he shoots more than any player in the nba in ratio to how much he touches the ball.

Jazz are playing Brantley as a point-forward with this lineup. He's on the floor with Oni, Tucker, Bradley and Niang.
I thought I saw him as a point-center a little later on too

really love Donovan at the point with Clarkson drawing the worse perimeter defender :eek:

Miye Rayjon and Jarrell have futures in the league especially if they develop a solid 3 ball

I mean, good players fall in the draft too so we'll be alright. It always happens every year.

This is why we should have lost this game to get pick 20.

I bet a future star falls and gets picked at 21 right before we pick at 23.

All because we won this meaningless game.

That cost us 1 or 2 draft spots at least. One of Indiana/Miami will pass us, and the Thunder could tie us if they lose, which will make it a coin-toss. Houston could catch us too, if they lose, making it a 3-way coin toss. We could fall all the way back to #24.

I guess the good news is that Tucker and Brantley might be able to be 9th and 10th guys on our bench though.

We can only fall to 23 I thought?

The Jazz are now 44-28.

The 44-28 Heat play the 44-28 Pacers tomorrow. One will lose and jump us to 20 in the draft order. One will win and stay behind us.

The 44-27 Thunder play the Clippers. If they lose they will be tied with us to set up a coin flip.

The 44-27 Rockets play the 76ers. If they lose they will be tied with us to set up a coin flip.

How could 24 be possible?

Hopefully the Rockets and Thunder both win and we get 21 to salvage this.

Gotta go watch me some vintage Ed Davis now that the game’s over. Don’t tell me he finally came to play and sustained a season ending injury at the same time?

We can only fall to 23 I thought?

The Jazz are now 44-28.

The 44-28 Heat play the 44-28 Pacers tomorrow. One will lose and jump us to 20 in the draft order. One will win and stay behind us.

The 44-27 Thunder play the Clippers. If they lose they will be tied with us to set up a coin flip.

The 44-27 Rockets play the 76ers. If they lose they will be tied with us to set up a coin flip.

How could 24 be possible?

Hopefully the Rockets and Thunder both win and we get 21 to salvage this.

You're right. We're at #21 right now, and we could drop to #22 or #23, depending on whether OKC and HOU lose tomorrow.

Maybe one of our young players was impressive enough that we can package him with our pick to move up 2 or 3 spots.... Tucker, for example.

So #22 + Tucker to move up to #19 to a team that doesn't want to develop Pokusevski or something (Brooklyn).