What's new

Game Thread Aug 13, 2020: Utah Jazz vs. San Antonio Spurs

Added to Calendar: 08-13-20

LaVert is ****ing ballin. When healthy, Brooklyn has too many guys that like to play off the bounce and need shots. The Jazz’s ceiling would be so much higher with one of LaVert or Dinwiddie.
You right, look out next year w/ KI and KD. Lotsa payroll. LeVert and Dinwiddie just got extensions, not sure how with Irving and Durant though.

Last edited:
This is why we should have lost this game to get pick 20.

I bet a future star falls and gets picked at 21 right before we pick at 23.

All because we won this meaningless game.
I’m not sure the difference between 21 and 23. Don’t be an idiot!!
Maybe one of our young players was impressive enough that we can package him with our pick to move up 2 or 3 spots.... Tucker, for example.

So #22 + Tucker to move up to #19 to a team that doesn't want to develop Pokusevski or something (Brooklyn).
ROTFL

I see a bright future for Brantley. He sees the floor sooooooo well. Natural playmaker and let’s the game come to him. He needs to improve his shot and rebounding. He had 6-7 assists tonight, very impressive.

This is why we should have lost this game to get pick 20.

I bet a future star falls and gets picked at 21 right before we pick at 23.

All because we won this meaningless game.

And how should they have lost? Quin directing one of them to throw it out of bounce?

I’m not sure the difference between 21 and 23. Don’t be an idiot!!

ROTFL

It may not seem like there is a big difference between one or two spots but in truth it can make a massive difference.

Imagine having the 16th pick in 2013 and wanting to take Giannis but he gets scooped at 15.

Imagine having the 28th pick in 2013 and wanting to take Rudy but he gets scooped at 27.

Just one pick difference can change the entire course of your franchise.

In a normal year this wouldn't bother me that we fall from 20 to possibly 23. But we're trying to contend for a championship. We have a good core and just need a couple correct pieces to fill the holes. We're limited in what we can do in free agency. This one draft pick we have this year is MASSIVE. We need a good player out of it.

It may not seem like there is a big difference between one or two spots but in truth it can make a massive difference.

Imagine having the 16th pick in 2013 and wanting to take Giannis but he gets scooped at 15.

Imagine having the 28th pick in 2013 and wanting to take Rudy but he gets scooped at 27.

Just one pick difference can change the entire course of your franchise.

In a normal year this wouldn't bother me that we fall from 20 to possibly 23. But we're trying to contend for a championship. We have a good core and just need a couple correct pieces to fill the holes. We're limited in what we can do in free agency. This one draft pick we have this year is MASSIVE. We need a good player out of it.
Imagine owning the 24th pick in 2016 or whatever and coming away with Donovan Mitchell.

I like winning so I'm not going to second guess last night based off of the loss of a couple spots in the draft. Those young guys needed to go out there and beat the young guys of San Antonio. Winning is a culture, and we've already let a few games slide recently. It's important for Brantley, Tucker, Oni and others to see that push and be encouraged to win.

I find it funny posters are criticizing the jazz for not tanking the game. Truth is both tried to tank. For much of the second half we played 5 GLeague guys at the same time. lol