What's new

Game Thread Aug 19, 2020: Jazz at Nuggets - Game 2

Added to Calendar: 08-19-20

He also converts at good percentages. And can switch 1-4 on defense. People who are hating on him are ****ing morons.
Which is why they are all invited to put me on ignore... I have nothing to offer them that they will want.

Jebus peoples we have to be better than this... even if you figure a point per million I think we'd be great across the board... Mike would be leading the league in scoring and Rudy would need to score 25 per game.

Royce had 9 pts, 8 Assists, 7 rebounds, 2 blocks and a steal. No turnovers on 75% shooting... but let's talk about him being "overpaid".

Tell ya what anyone that thinks Royce is overpaid please put me on ignore cuz you are a moron and I would hate to cast pearls in front of you.

Don't get me wrong, I think Royce is a decent player. I simply don't think that his level of play is worth 9 million per year. 5 million maybe, but not 9.

Never said he was trash or that I hated him. A lot of assumptions going on here.

Seconded. Das Jazz is in the running for the Beanclown Award. Dubious distinction, to put it mildly.
I also like that he used the salary per point as an "obvious" piece of evidence that he is underperforming his contract... lets take a look...

If Royce scores 1 point per million and we have a 108M cap but can exceed it up to 130M before going in to the tax then that production would work pretty damn well. Anyone here opposed to scoring 130 pts per game. 1 point per game per million indeed would be quite good across the board.

Don't get me wrong, I think Royce is a decent player. I simply don't think that his level of play is worth 9 million per year. 5 million maybe, but not 9.

Never said he was trash or that I hated him. A lot of assumptions going on here.
What you said was dumb and it will be treated as such. You declared it a bad deal after saying he only had 1 point per million when he did many other things that helped us win. You can either backtrack or continue down the path to moronville. Royce would get full MLE on the open market at very least... we got him for less.. its a good deal.

Comparable players to O'Neale (starter/borderline starter in their mid-twenties non-centers not on an expiring or rookie contract)

Rodney Hood - $6+
Dennis Shroeder - $15.5
Evan Fournier - $17
Cedi Osman - $8
Dante Exum - $9.6
Larry Nance - $11
Jerami Grant - $9.4
Will Barton - $13+
Tony Snell - $11.4+
Josh Richardson - $10+
Kyle Anderson - $9+
Justise Winslow - $13+
Taurean Prince - $14+
Caris LaVert - $16.2+
Dinwiddie - $11.4+
Caldwell-Pope - $8+
Trey Lyles - $5.5
Norman Powell - $10.1+
Delon Wright - $9
Marcus Smart - $12.5+
Cory Joseph - $12+
Jabari Parker - $6.5
Jeremy Lamb - $10.5
TJ Warren - $10.8+
Bobby Portis - $15+
Julius Randle - $18.9+
Elfrid Payton - $8

As a starter at 26, I think he's in company with these guys. These are all starters or heavy rotation types, but not stars on their team. There are a couple really good deals in there, but there are also some really bad ones. He's a better perimeter defender than almost every guy on that list and he's the best perimeter defender on our team. Gotta pay for those guys.

Overall, I think Royce got a very fair deal and not a deal worth complaining about.
Damn that's a good post.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app

What you said was dumb and it will be treated as such. You declared it a bad deal after saying he only had 1 point per million when he did many other things that helped us win. You can either backtrack or continue down the path to moronville. Royce would get full MLE on the open market at very least... we got him for less.. its a good deal.

Sorry @Handlogten's Heros, I was under the impression that posters were allowed to have opinions on Jazz related issues including players and contracts.

I won't backtrack, I think he's overpaid. Doesn't mean that he's bad, doesn't mean I hate him, doesn't even mean I would prefer if we traded him. Simply means for his typical (not 1 game) output, I don't believe that the contract value is worth the production received in return.

Recent example: Game 1 of the playoffs. 3 points on 1 of 6 shooting and 5 fouls.

There are many other examples of this type of production level throughout the season from him but pointing that out somehow makes me the bad guy.

Sorry @Handlogten's Heros, I was under the impression that posters were allowed to have opinions on Jazz related issues including players and contracts.

I won't backtrack, I think he's overpaid. Doesn't mean that he's bad, doesn't mean I hate him, doesn't even mean I would prefer if we traded him. Simply means for his typical (not 1 game) output, I don't believe that the contract value is worth the production received in return.

Recent example: Game 1 of the playoffs. 3 points on 1 of 6 shooting and 5 fouls.

There are many other examples of this type of production level throughout the season from him but pointing that out somehow makes me the bad guy.
Royce must have also offended your principles for what constitutes a proper active and healthy lifestyle.

You are allowed to have opinions... if your opinions are this dumb I'm allowed to mock them ruthlessly. You ain't a bad guy but saying he scored 1 point per million after he had a ****ing awesome game makes you a target.

The fact you even measure a guy like Royce on a raw PPG basis shows your level of understanding... Royce can score 3 points in a game and still be worth every penny of his deal.

If we wanted to trade Royce this offseason we could get a late lotto pick for that deal all day long... all ****ing day. You can criticize Jazz management for a lot... the Royce deal is beyond solid.

You are allowed to have opinions... if your opinions are this dumb I'm allowed to mock them ruthlessly. You ain't a bad guy but saying he scored 1 point per million after he had a ****ing awesome game makes you a target.

The fact you even measure a guy like Royce on a raw PPG basis shows your level of understanding... Royce can score 3 points in a game and still be worth every penny of his deal.

If we wanted to trade Royce this offseason we could get a late lotto pick for that deal all day long... all ****ing day. You can criticize Jazz management for a lot... the Royce deal is beyond solid.

I hear ya. And didn't mean to rile up everyone. The original post was somewhat of a joke but I still believe he's a bit overpaid. I'll leave it at that.