What's new

Game Thread Aug 19, 2020: Jazz at Nuggets - Game 2

Added to Calendar: 08-19-20

Wow. This win was so satisfying. Like someone previously said, the Nugglets actually shot very well from 3. Yet, we still destroyed them. It was nice to see the entire team contribute. I was concerned that they would be demoralized after the first game loss. Don was great in how efficient he was; he was really improved on his 3 point accuracy.

Yep and we should not bring back Niang

I think Niang brings more to the lockerroom and personality of the team than some give him credit for. I personally would keep him around, but move him down the pecking order. If Niang was our 10th or 11th guy instead of our 8th or 9th guy, I think he'd be fine. He had some awful plays yesterday, but he also had a few good ones.

Just look at Jeff Green. Decent signing, good player, bad fit (on and off the court it seems). We need to appreciate guys who fit in so well off the court. Much like Epke, Niang could have a bigger impact that we just see on the court.

Niang has proven he can consistently hit the open 3, put the ball on the floor and score and dribble in traffic and score - and he's scheduled to make 1.7 million next year on a team option.

Seriously, what the hell else do you want for next to nothing? You don't just cast off shooters.

Niang has proven he can consistently hit the open 3, put the ball on the floor and score and dribble in traffic and score - and he's scheduled to make 1.7 million next year on a team option.

Seriously, what the hell else do you want for next to nothing? You don't just cast off shooters.
I think most people want to see him play less.

I'm not seeing enough respect for Royce. He was absolutely fantastic on both ends of the court.

9pts, 8asts, 7rbds with incredible defense and energy throughout.

He is becoming one of my favorite Jazz players ever. From Rags to Buckets.

Sent from my SM-G970U using JazzFanz mobile app
You’re an idiot!!!!
A million dollars per point!
Scoring ain’t his job on this team. He held Murray to 14 points on 13 shots!! He torched Ingles for 36 in game one, piss off!!! Idiot.

A million dollars per point!
He doesn't shoot very often but he's a baller man, love his attitude too. Noticed over the seasons when some of the team is playing with anxiety he's down to Earth. Doesn't get scared. I can sense at times other players get wide eyed, heart beating... meanwhile Royce is out there making plays just like it's another pick up game.

Not a great deal at all. At most he's a 3-5 million dollar player in today's market. Jazz heavily overpaid.

Comparable players to O'Neale (starter/borderline starter in their mid-twenties non-centers not on an expiring or rookie contract)

Rodney Hood - $6+
Dennis Shroeder - $15.5
Evan Fournier - $17
Cedi Osman - $8
Dante Exum - $9.6
Larry Nance - $11
Jerami Grant - $9.4
Will Barton - $13+
Tony Snell - $11.4+
Josh Richardson - $10+
Kyle Anderson - $9+
Justise Winslow - $13+
Taurean Prince - $14+
Caris LaVert - $16.2+
Dinwiddie - $11.4+
Caldwell-Pope - $8+
Trey Lyles - $5.5
Norman Powell - $10.1+
Delon Wright - $9
Marcus Smart - $12.5+
Cory Joseph - $12+
Jabari Parker - $6.5
Jeremy Lamb - $10.5
TJ Warren - $10.8+
Bobby Portis - $15+
Julius Randle - $18.9+
Elfrid Payton - $8

As a starter at 26, I think he's in company with these guys. These are all starters or heavy rotation types, but not stars on their team. There are a couple really good deals in there, but there are also some really bad ones. He's a better perimeter defender than almost every guy on that list and he's the best perimeter defender on our team. Gotta pay for those guys.

Overall, I think Royce got a very fair deal and not a deal worth complaining about.

**** dude, is this your new totally awful take? Your range of awful takes is pretty impressive?
I bag on Niang a lot but he is a former GLeague first teamer. He does have some skills and if he isn't a locker room cancer so much the better.

Not a great deal at all. At most he's a 3-5 million dollar player in today's market. Jazz heavily overpaid.
Jebus peoples we have to be better than this... even if you figure a point per million I think we'd be great across the board... Mike would be leading the league in scoring and Rudy would need to score 25 per game.

Royce had 9 pts, 8 Assists, 7 rebounds, 2 blocks and a steal. No turnovers on 75% shooting... but let's talk about him being "overpaid".

Tell ya what anyone that thinks Royce is overpaid please put me on ignore cuz you are a moron and I would hate to cast pearls in front of you.