What's new

Game Thread Aug 23, 2020: Jazz vs. Nuggets - Game 4

Added to Calendar: 08-23-20

We match up much better with Dallas imo... not sure how we guard the clips starting lineup... I guess DM has to check PG. The second series is gravy and Clips are susceptible but I could also see them gelling and figuring this stuff out.

If you guys haven’t listened to Locke’s podcast yet today, then you should. Let’s not get carried away with these past 3 games—yesterday in particular was an outlier. And Denver has been as bad at defense as anyone could possibly have dreamed.

If Denver thinks they have a big-3 in Jokic, Murray, and MPJ........ they are deluded.
Porter is a bad defender... Murray is below average... Jokic is bad too at the most important defensive position. The other two guys in that lineup better be prime Kawhi and Ben Wallace.

We match up much better with Dallas imo... not sure how we guard the clips starting lineup... I guess DM has to check PG. The second series is gravy and Clips are susceptible but I could also see them gelling and figuring this stuff out.
Both teams provide challenges. Dallas have Luka who we had no answer for. Hardaway has lit us up. They have other guys who can shoot. It would be a tough series and yes the Jazz can beat them but they could easily lose to them. Clippers can cause some problems too. I do like our chances if Paul George continues to struggle shooting but again this is another toss up. I think the Jazz play the Clippers better than they have the Mavs this year. If the Jazz continue shooting the way they have then I think we can beat both of these teams. One thing first, Jazz need to finish off the Nuggets tomorrow night.

Both teams provide challenges. Dallas have Luka who we had no answer for. Hardaway has lit us up. They have other guys who can shoot. It would be a tough series and yes the Jazz can beat them but they could easily lose to them. Clippers can cause some problems too. I do like our chances if Paul George continues to struggle shooting but again this is another toss up. I think the Jazz play the Clippers better than they have the Mavs this year. If the Jazz continue shooting the way they have then I think we can beat both of these teams. One thing first, Jazz need to finish off the Nuggets tomorrow night.
The jazz will not continue to shoot this way. Put that factoid straight in the bank.

I’d much rather face the Mavs. They’re clearly the inferior team. In general, their performance in the clutch this year hasn’t been good. —I’d be very surprised if they made it past the Clips.

same here i'd rather face the Mavs but i dont see that happening. Clips cant exit the first round, thats bad for business lol

Mostly a joke. But Jazz really should have won this one since now we can't finish the series now, haha.