What's new

Game Thread Aug 25, 2020: Jazz at Nuggets - Game 5

Added to Calendar: 08-25-20

We will find out the answer is Oneale and Ingles are good enough this playoffs.

We all like Royce, and he is a good player. But again is he good enough to play a major role for us to win a title.
Hes so tied into Donovan it's scary.

Love these guys, but are they going to get it done?

It is very concerning to me that nobody on Denver is scared by Gobert's presence at all. They go right at him. Minus the one nice block on Grant, Rudy really hasn't protected the rim well at all. That's his main job. He isn't slowing Jokic at all and he isn't protecting the rim either.

Everybody has to step up and Murray has to come down to earth.

Sent from my SM-G970U using JazzFanz mobile app

As much as we should've closed the series here it is very difficult to beat the same team 4 times straight. Especially in the bubble on neutral ground.

I fully expect the Jazz to put the hammer down in game 6 and move on to the 2nd round.

As has been mentioned, it didn't hurt that Murray went HAM down the stretch. Sometimes, there isn't much that you can do. At least, we only have to win 1 of the next 2. However, if we lose tomorrow, I don't like our chances in Game 7.

It is very concerning to me that nobody on Denver is scared by Gobert's presence at all. They go right at him. Minus the one nice block on Grant, Rudy really hasn't protected the rim well at all. That's his main job. He isn't slowing Jokic at all and he isn't protecting the rim either.

Everybody has to step up and Murray has to come down to earth.

Sent from my SM-G970U using JazzFanz mobile app
Yesterday he wasn't great. He has moved away from actually trying to block shots a lot of the time into being vertical. I think fouls and being out of place for rebounds are part of the reasoning. Murray needs to be a little more scared at the rim... I also don't understand why we are pulling someone over to the Jokic pop. It's way too comfortable, but you really can't ask Rudy to drop, then get back to Jokic and contest, while also not getting blown by. I honestly think if you pull one more guy to the top and shut off that pass it will make Murray's reads harder or make the pass he has to throw harder. I'd also like to see Grant/Craig/Morris shoot more than Jokic.

That is what they did to us yesterday and Royce/Joe choked down the stretch.

We'll have plenty of film to look at defensively. Obviously, we can't just hope to outscore them. We have to get back to jazz defensive minded basketball. This offseason's objective should be to get the defense back to what it was.

Niang was actually pretty good. TB had some major **** ups by the rim today.

I disagree. He doesn't box out nor does he close out on 3 point shooters. He lacks defensive awareness and it shows. I'd much rather have Morgan in there, but for some reason he didn't play that much in G5...

I can live with that during the regular season but you just can't afford to have a clueless player on defense in the playoffs.

Sure well said, he is a liability and shouldn't be on our roster. Some on here think he is so valuable but I would take Oni, JWF and Tucker over him. But for goodness sake he played alot in our system in the gleague but he isn't an NBA talent and doesn't deserve to be on our team. He is delaying the growth of our more talented and valuable skilled players . I hope we don't bring him back.

I disagree. He doesn't box out nor does he close out on 3 point shooters. He lacks defensive awareness and it shows. I'd much rather have Morgan in there, but for some reason he didn't play that much in G5...
I don't think you are watching him fairly. He is usually in the right place trying but is ineffective. Its similar to Neto back in the day... He's in position but it doesn't matter. He tries to box out but when you have the other short guys in the game it doesn't always matter.

He hit some needed baskets yesterday. All in all I get why people don't want him in the rotation but yesterday he was good.