What's new

Bernie Sanders

By that "logic," J.R.R Tolkien is an elf. And Neil Gaiman is the Lord of Dreams. (The second one might actually be true.)

And, by the way, Bernie didn't "write a rape fantasy story." He wrote an ESSAY about gender politics which had two sentences about rape fantasies.

It's better for all of us if we don't engage Dutch.

Do you have the slightest idea how much Obamacare (to name just one federal program) is costing small business both in terms of money and time?

So the thing holding back millions of entrepreneurs in America is the time and forking over some dough for the ACA. Oh those poor things. Oh how the health of American citizens pales in terms of importance relative to this.

By that "logic," J.R.R Tolkien is an elf. And Neil Gaiman is the Lord of Dreams. (The second one might actually be true.)

And, by the way, Bernie didn't "write a rape fantasy story." He wrote an ESSAY about gender politics which had two sentences about rape fantasies.

Dutch is off in his own playland. Don't worry about it.

So the thing holding back millions of entrepreneurs in America is the time and forking over some dough for the ACA. Oh those poor things. Oh how the health of American citizens pales in terms of importance relative to this.

You're kind of missing a lot. We obviously needed healthcare reform, but it still isn't great, especially for the working class.

I know lots of people who do just ok. They live paycheck to paycheck, but they're making it. Insurance is not helping them at all right now. Their rates have increased, they make just barely too much to get it subsidized, they can't really afford insurance, and now they get fined for not having it. Progress? Not as much as you would think. There has to be a better way.

In other news, the property tax on some of our farm ground went up 46% this year. Yay!!

In the Democratic Debate this weekend, which almost nobody watched, Sanders not only said that global warming was a bigger threat than terrorism, but that terrorism was a result of global warming. Wow.

In the Democratic Debate this weekend, which almost nobody watched, Sanders not only said that global warming was a bigger threat than terrorism, but that terrorism was a result of global warming. Wow.

So here's the thing:

Global Warming IS a bigger threat than terrorism. Terrorism, absent some large leap forward in sophistication, does not have the capacity to drive us extinct, BUT

The links between worsening environmental conditions, poverty, and an increase in terrorism are attenuated. Not the best claim in the world on the second prong.

So here's the thing:

Global Warming IS a bigger threat than terrorism. Terrorism, absent some large leap forward in sophistication, does not have the capacity to drive us extinct, BUT

The links between worsening environmental conditions, poverty, and an increase in terrorism are attenuated. Not the best claim in the world on the second prong.

The link isn't attenuated-- Bernie was wrong in saying that it was direct, but we would all be wrong to say that Climate Change does not have strong indirect links to turmoil and terrorism in the Middle East (which is what Martin says).

You're kind of missing a lot. We obviously needed healthcare reform, but it still isn't great, especially for the working class.

I know lots of people who do just ok. They live paycheck to paycheck, but they're making it. Insurance is not helping them at all right now. Their rates have increased, they make just barely too much to get it subsidized, they can't really afford insurance, and now they get fined for not having it. Progress? Not as much as you would think. There has to be a better way.

In other news, the property tax on some of our farm ground went up 46% this year. Yay!!

Honest question here-- would you pay a little more tax (2.2%) to get rid of the insanely-high expenditure private health care system? All the premiums you need to pay for, for your employees would essentially vanish.

The only US candidate who wants public health care is Bernie. Shrillary wants to continue Obamacare

We should be more focused on environmental issues than terrorism. We have wasted far too much money into military that has only made us a huge target, so now we are forced to spend even more while parts of our society we actually have a chance to positively affect go underfunded and ignored.

Sent from my LG-E970 using Tapatalk

We should be more focused on environmental issues than terrorism. We have wasted far too much money into military that has only made us a huge target, so now we are forced to spend even more while parts of our society we actually have a chance to positively affect go underfunded and ignored.

Sent from my LG-E970 using Tapatalk

I agree that the most money is spent in military interventions, the amount of money that goes overseas is unbearable. Meanwhile you get a $4000 bill if you pay a visit to the emergency room. This has just happened to a friend of mine... That in my opinion is a ridiculous amount of money.

Bro. At least the left has the odd senator (like Warren) who takes on corporate cronyism. Who does the GOP have?

Hispanics and blacks running for president! Diversity v. Old white people party.

HA! lol

The link isn't attenuated-- Bernie was wrong in saying that it was direct, but we would all be wrong to say that Climate Change does not have strong indirect links to turmoil and terrorism in the Middle East (which is what Martin says).

It has several internal links to get from carbon production to more conflict. I'm not saying that there's no link, just that it's got enough steps inbetween that it's difficult for someone who doesn't already know about it to take it seriously.

For example if someone is interested in reading how climate change increases violence: https://www.motherjones.com/blue-marble/2013/03/how-climate-change-worsened-violence-syria

Honest question here-- would you pay a little more tax (2.2%) to get rid of the insanely-high expenditure private health care system? All the premiums you need to pay for, for your employees would essentially vanish.

The only US candidate who wants public health care is Bernie. Shrillary wants to continue Obamacare

What is that tax going to cover? I want good numbers, not speculation. Obamacare was supposed to save people like me money, but instead I'm spending 12% of my pre-tax income on insurance. Just insurance! Obamacare sucks, just like I told all of you it would. So unless I know where that tax money is going, and how much extra I'm going to have to pay with it, then no. I'm spending enough as is.