What's new

Best 2011 Albums

Lady Gaga fans seem to enjoy the song. I'm not a big fan of her music but she puts on one a helluva live show.

"The King is Dead" from The Decemberists is far and away my favorite album so far this year. Death Cab for Cutie is putting out a new album in May, which I will more than likely listen to obsessively for the remainder of time.

I have become my father. I don't know a single artist in this thread, nor did I know 90% of the artists that won Grammy's this year. I am stuck in the early 2000's. Long live Korn, Slipknot, and Rammstein!

Man, same here. Although replace early 200s with early to mid 90s and those three bands with Alice In Chains, Primus, and 311 for me.

Mods, please rename thread:

Worst music of 2011

Thank you.

+ 5 !!

EDIT: Apparently I need to spread some crap around before I can pos rep you again. Sorry about that. I wonder if I neg rep a few suggestions in this thread if that'll fulfill the requirement?

I like Lady Gaga. I'm not sure if I'm thrilled about her songs, taken individually, including and maybe especially this new one, but I'm still hoping the album will be something I can enjoy. I like her philosophy and creativity and attitude. She also has a tremendous singing voice. I think if her album is better than King of Limbs, The People's Key, or The King is Dead, I'll be... I don't know. Humbled and incredibly surprised.

I'll say this about the grammys. Lady Gaga fans need to relax, because The Suburbs is far superior to anything Gaga has ever released.

If it wasn't for her antics and theatrics, Gaga would be just another pop star. Gaga is the Cyndi Lauper of 10's.

There was a time when Cyndi first became popular that critics and fans alike thought she'd outlast Madonna. This was the gal with the talent! Except something happened. I'll have to watch the Behind The Music to find out, but her She's So Unusual album sure did speak to a lot of people. Like Scientology.

I like Lady Gaga. I don't mind admitting that. I also like wine coolers, sausages, candle light dinners, and poking dead things with a stick.

If it wasn't for her antics and theatrics, Gaga would be just another pop star. Gaga is the Cyndi Lauper of 10's.

That's fair. But I disagree. I think she's a kind of Andy Kaufman-meets-David Bowie figure, personally.

Not even close. It's the best song of the year. It's a powerful anthem. I've already listened to it over 100 times.

What do you think of Gaga's embryo escapade?

I think anyone who does something like that should be taken to the loony bin, right there on the spot. That's a level of moronic insanity that should not be allowed to progress in our society. I get it... she was "born this way" but for the love of god, a makeshift embryo? What an absolutely retarded situation.

What do you think of Gaga's embryo escapade?

I think anyone who does something like that should be taken to the loony bin, right there on the spot. That's a level of moronic insanity that should not be allowed to progress in our society. I get it... she was "born this way" but for the love of god, a makeshift embryo? What an absolutely retarded situation.

Here is the last thing that came out of an egg that size:

bigbird.jpg

Did anyone see Gaga's interview thing on 60 minutes and actually buy what she was selling? She has some catchy tunes, but I am afraid that she is a complete fraud exploiting the strange ways people get famous these days.

Did anyone see Gaga's interview thing on 60 minutes and actually buy what she was selling? She has some catchy tunes, but I am afraid that she is a complete fraud exploiting the strange ways people get famous these days.

A fraud how? Musically? She writes her own songs and is a classically-trained pianist with a fantastic voice... Culturally? Lady Gaga is a character, a performance-art piece, a complete fake. But I'm not sure how it's fraudulent when she openly tells us that it is so. It's a kind of commentary on fame, and it's utterly brilliant.

A fraud how? Musically? She writes her own songs and is a classically-trained pianist with a fantastic voice... Culturally? Lady Gaga is a character, a performance-art piece, a complete fake. But I'm not sure how it's fraudulent when she openly tells us that it is so. It's a kind of commentary on fame, and it's utterly brilliant.

I totally agree with you, IMHO I think Lady Gaga is the Nelson Mandela of pop music. Only real difference is (other than the black thing) Mandela doesn't deserve to spend 27 years in a South African prison.

Yes, she writes her own songs, but she is still paying a producer a bunch of money to make her songs sound the way they do. And she said, "This is who I am. None of this is fake" or something like that on the 60 minutes interview. You just said otherwise.