What's new

Best bar to watch games at?

MrMojoRisin

Haven't been in the bar scene for too long. (been to Bar X and the Beer Bar a handful of times) Just wondering if anyone knows where any good bars are downtown to watch Jazz games.

I don't think I've been to Fiddler's Elbow in like 15 years, but it seemed like a decent place to watch a game.

Poplar is usually a good time for Jazz games. The new 'Proper Burger' bar side (not the burger side) has a huge projector that I want to check out for games.
Not for games, but if you go to Squatters after home games chances are you will run into some of the Jazz guys. Dante and Ingles were there after almost all of the home games.

Idk about best but I do know the most overrated which is BWW, overpriced garbage food with horrible service to top it off

What's the beer situation at these "best" bars? Meaning, is it real adult stuff or watered down, mormon drank?

Idk about best but I do know the most overrated which is BWW, overpriced garbage food with horrible service to top it off
This.

What's the beer situation at these "best" bars? Meaning, is it real adult stuff or watered down, mormon drank?
Just go with bourbon

I like bout time a lot and The Puck.

Lumpys is pretty cool too, and downtown. (Last time I was there they have tv's built into each and every table in addition to all the big screens.)

I second poplar street.
I watched the last reg season BYU/Utah game at Fiddlers Elbow. It was a good atmosphere but the AV setup was just awkward.
What's that one on Pierpont and like 150 west? I liked that one for sports.

I wish the Millers would build one on the corner of N.Temple and 4th west. Keep dreamin eh?

I also like poplar as a bar to party at. Always had lots of fun there and really like the layout.
Never watched sports there though.

You want the short answer or the long answer?

Short answer is that you can get packaged beer at whatever strength you want. Draft beer is limited to 4%abv.

Lucky 13.

Their burgers are bomb

They'll make any terrible effort (like our last few games last year against the clippers and lakers) bearable to watch.

Hell, they'll even make our annual blow a game against minny or the Knicks enjoyable!

Poplar is usually a good time for Jazz games. The new 'Proper Burger' bar side (not the burger side) has a huge projector that I want to check out for games.
Not for games, but if you go to Squatters after home games chances are you will run into some of the Jazz guys. Dante and Ingles were there after almost all of the home games.
I love the new proper burger place. You can order food at the burger place and they will bring it over to you at the bar. They have a pretty good beer selection they make.