What's new

Best Places to Eat in Utah Thread

copper creek where is that?

It's way out west so you'll need to swallow your pre-conceived ideas of anything in West Valley but it is worth the drive.

5600 W. and 3451 S.

Get their garlic burger with blue cheese crumbles cooked medium rare. You'll be tasting garlic for a good 6-8 hours afterwards. Wash it down with a draft beer... Pure awesomeness!!

Their blue cheese and bacon burger is damn good too.

https://www.coppercreekpubandgrub.com/

Indian
Bombay House. Their Paneer Masala is awesome.
Also, Himalayan Kitchen is pretty good. Good prices on their lunch buffet.

Asian
Underrated and still pretty unknown, but Shanghai Cafe rules. Really low prices and literally the greatest egg rolls ever invented. Any other egg roll looks stupid and weak compared to it.
Asian Star is okay.

Mexican
Can't go wrong with Cafe Rio.
A lot of people really like Red Iguana, but I'm not a huge fan.
Another pretty decent place is Gecko's.

Pizza
Wasatch Pizza. Several around the valley and still better Pizza than any other I've tried in SLC.

Sushi
Ichiban has good stuff and on Monday and Tuesday they are pretty dang cheap for Sushi.
The Happy Sumo has some really great rolls, like the rising sun. Expensive though.

Variety
Cheesecake Factory.

Burgers and Stuff
My wife really likes Smashburger. I think it's okay but I'm not big on the way they grill their chicken.
Apollo/Crown/Astro Burger has some really good stuff. Way better than any fast food chain, for sure.
A ton of people also say they really like Five Guys. I've never been there.
The Training Table is also decent, but a bit overpriced. Their cheese fries + hickory sauce is pure WIN.

Sandwiches/Salads
Paradise Bakery. Their cookies (M&M particularly) rule.

Breakfast
Blue Plate Diner. All of their food is really good and I usually get something different every time I go.

theres some good places in waste valley and its not that far of drive imma have to check it out, they have micro drafts or just bud, budlight ect?

Asian
Underrated and still pretty unknown, but Shanghai Cafe rules. Really low prices and literally the greatest egg rolls ever invented. Any other egg roll looks stupid and weak compared to it.

Is this the, "Food MMA Thread"? BTW, JCW's makes the best burger. If you've never eaten there, I highly suggust it.

Ask this man:

Babu_Bhatt_Seinfeld.jpg

Pakistan != Middle East.

Pakistan != Middle East.

There are a lot of ways that Greek/Mediterranean, Indian and Middle Eastern food tie together. Not the same stuff, but some similar ingredients and a few dishes in common.

I know that when I lived in L.A. we used to get Armenian food which was awesome. Grilled lamb, whole grilled tomatoes and sweet onions and best of all, saffron infused rice. If you've never had the spice saffron you don't know what you are missing. Absolutely delectable!! Too bad it is one of the most expensive spices in the world. Up to $315 per ounce.

I like it so much I've planted a number of the plants that produce it in my yard just so I have a little bit to harvest each fall.

Lebanese food is very good as well.

To put all food in the Middle East under one umbrella does an injustice to the local foods found in the Middle East. They are not at all alike from region to region and culture to culture.

Just remembered..the name of the place downtown where I had this awesome burger and incredible fries (I had forgotten before i visited how close Utah is to Idaho), was called Richie's. Just across from the Marriott. I also ate at Judge Cafe the 1st time I visited Utah which was excellent.

Hey I tried El Gallo Giro due to recommendations by the board, it was fantastic. Ottavio's is still there from what I can tell.

My biggest recommendation goes to Nicolatalia's pizza on university pkwy right next to KFC. go and try the breadsticks with house dressing and the mahgarita(they spell it like this cuz the owner is from boston, whose name happens to be nick) pizza. don't sell out and go to brick oven if you're in provo, try something new, go to Nicolatalias!

Hey I tried El Gallo Giro due to recommendations by the board, it was fantastic. Ottavio's is still there from what I can tell.

My biggest recommendation goes to Nicolatalia's pizza on university pkwy right next to KFC. go and try the breadsticks with house dressing and the mahgarita(they spell it like this cuz the owner is from boston, whose name happens to be nick) pizza. don't sell out and go to brick oven if you're in provo, try something new, go to Nicolatalias!

I'm going to take you up on your recomendation.

That's a good one. Gloria's Little Italy in downtown Provo on the Center/University cross is good too.

Some other good stuff is Moochies Sandwiches (Yes Heart attack, but good) and Q4U BBQ (Voted #7 best BBQ in the USA) It's really tasty too.

I have a friend who likes 5 guys, but says Chadders is just as good and about 1/3rd the cost, so he goes there.