What's new

Best Playoff Outcomes for Jazz Trades

I think the idea of getting a guy like Young or Ingram is so that when a guy like Durant becomes available, you become an attractive destination.
IDK... Ingram or Young move the needle like that? With Lauri and Young or Ingram both on maxes it becomes difficult to trade for the third max guy too.

What teams would be in on Ingram? Just curious what the offers would be like.

IDK... Ingram or Young move the needle like that? With Lauri and Young or Ingram both on maxes it becomes difficult to trade for the third max guy too.

Maybe not, and for the record I don't want Young or Ingram, but without guys like that it will be difficult to convince the tier of guys who can pick who they get traded to that we are somewhere they should consider. The truth is, guys like that shouldn't consider the Jazz right now. I feel bad for Lauri.

probably a lot of the teams that would be interested in Lauri.
I don't know. Ingram and Zion didn't mesh well. BI is kinda dribbly. Lauri would have probably 10 serious suitors (every team would register interest). Not sure BI would. Maybe the price difference (Lauri likely higher priced than BI) means he has a stronger market.

I don't know. Ingram and Zion didn't mesh well. BI is kinda dribbly. Lauri would have probably 10 serious suitors (every team would register interest). Not sure BI would. Maybe the price difference (Lauri likely higher priced than BI) means he has a stronger market.

Yeah, I'm imagining teams thinking of BI as a budget version of Lauri, that could be way off. Either way, I think there are a bunch of teams that are not quite contenders, but would feel they could add an Ingram or a Lauri and be right there.

What specifically would you be concerned about?

It's not my favorite imaginary lineup, but if the health was good (big if), then I think they would be good (top 6 good, probably not top 3 good).
Lauri isnt a 5 and KD isnt a 4. Playing two guys out of position in a league that is becoming increasingly more dominated by bigs is a bad decision imo.

Yeah, I'm imagining teams thinking of BI as a budget version of Lauri, that could be way off. Either way, I think there are a bunch of teams that are not quite contenders, but would feel they could add an Ingram or a Lauri and be right there.
Like I'd think maybe the Knicks would jump in there but doesn't quite work with their structure, Nets might be the answer for every ball in hand guy but if they land Donny it removes them.

I think there will be some musical chairs this offseason which is good. More motion means DA can slither around and find something that works.

Right now I am just in the camp that Lauri + whatever second tier star and wait for something else path is less attractive than the mystery hiding behind the tank route. I know we can always tank BUT the next two drafts seem pretty special. Be a bottom 4 team both years and I think you are in a great spot.

There are also some ways to bolster our chances in those drafts by getting a super swap or two in 2025 and picking up an unprotected 2026 pick. Still need luck but play with a loaded deck.

Like I'd think maybe the Knicks would jump in there but doesn't quite work with their structure, Nets might be the answer for every ball in hand guy but if they land Donny it removes them.

I think there will be some musical chairs this offseason which is good. More motion means DA can slither around and find something that works.

Right now I am just in the camp that Lauri + whatever second tier star and wait for something else path is less attractive than the mystery hiding behind the tank route. I know we can always tank BUT the next two drafts seem pretty special. Be a bottom 4 team both years and I think you are in a great spot.
Drafts are tough. I don't think we can be certain that the next two drafts (which we are now more familiar with) will be better than the drafts following them.

Drafts are tough. I don't think we can be certain that the next two drafts (which we are now more familiar with) will be better than the drafts following them.
I agree somewhat. The high end prospects in the next couple drafts are pretty bankable. I also think just knowing what is in front of us can guide our decision making now. Experts accurately pegged this draft as "meh". 3 years out is a long way away but if you are fairly certain you have a couple good drafts in a row in front of your nose and you are in our position... I think the right call if you are trying to win a title is to tank.

Part of what is guiding me is the fact that the West is going to be TOUGH next year unless some teams really fall apart. Giving up assets to trade for a second tier star to be a play in team and lose our 2025 pick completely... just feels like we lack some self-awareness

Lauri isnt a 5 and KD isnt a 4. Playing two guys out of position in a league that is becoming increasingly more dominated by bigs is a bad decision imo.
Yeah, I can see that. I think you can make it work, but I see what you are saying. It will be interesting how OKC fares without a guy over 200lbs.

BTW, weren't you all over Lauri needs to play at the 5 last year?

Sexton, Dunn, Ingram, Durant, Lauri would be an interesting lineup.

Don't love it. While the front court has enough length, none of those 3 are great at doing the big man work. Sexton isn't a great fit with Ingram+Durant who will want the lions share of the ball, and Kris Dunn is harder to fit into lineups when he cannot have the ball on offense.

Last edited:
Yeah, I can see that. I think you can make it work, but I see what you are saying. It will be interesting how OKC fares without a guy over 200lbs.

BTW, weren't you all over Lauri needs to play at the 5 last year?
Yes, I still think you want a good lineup option where Lauri plays the 5. I dont think that would be with KD as a 4. Also Chet is light, but he's tough and is a rim protector.

I don’t think the Pelicans necessarily want to get worse/younger. An Ingram for Trae based deal sounds kinda interesting to me.

Trae+Herb+Trey+Zion sounds pretty nice.

Cavs losing the first round in humiliating fashion which cause DM to quit on them, forcing Cavs to either rebuild or go all in on LBJ in the summer. Best outcome for the Cavs 2025 to 2029 picks that we own.