What's new

Best things about the 2024 Playoffs

The Knicks are a fun and likable team.
Thibbs has them playing so hard. They just lack the star power necessary to do any real damage. Fun, scrappy team though

Sent from my CPH2451 using Tapatalk

I like them and I bet there are some forum posters who like them. Point is - THEY'RE.A.SMALL.MARKET.TEAM.

No. He's likely someone people have never even heard of. His name is Jamahl Mosley. He finished 2nd in C.O.Y.
This has been hashed and rehashed and rerehashed. They are anything but a small market team. You can like them all you want, and I respect the hell out of the organization, but they are not deserving of any leeway at all.

I watch all Minny games and love the basketball they play. Hope Rudy and Mike make it. ANT is so good as well..
I watch Don and see not much changes with Jazz time. His ego is probably too big to improve. Cavs are lucky Orlando is very limited on offense part.
I watch some of Clippers- Mavs. Clippers play slow, Dallas play no defense but they are 2 incredible players.
I love OKC, real good playing team, they may be on Top as West for few years.
My favorite remain Denver. They have chemistry, got the best player in the league, they will be tough to beat.

I watch all Minny games and love the basketball they play. Hope Rudy and Mike make it. ANT is so good as well..
I watch Don and see not much changes with Jazz time. His ego is probably too big to improve. Cavs are lucky Orlando is very limited on offense part.
I watch some of Clippers- Mavs. Clippers play slow, Dallas play no defense but they are 2 incredible players.
I love OKC, real good playing team, they may be on Top as West for few years.
My favorite remain Denver. They have chemistry, got the best player in the league, they will be tough to beat.
Luka hasnt played great this postseason though. Kyrie on the other hand has been nothing short of amazing.

Luka hasnt played great this postseason though. Kyrie on the other hand has been nothing short of amazing.
I agree. Tomorrow game will be interesting. Both teams don't play that well as teams but they all get players able to have fantastic night. Luka-Irwing against PG-Harden. Let's see....

This has been hashed and rehashed and rerehashed. They are anything but a small market team. You can like them all you want, and I respect the hell out of the organization, but they are not deserving of any leeway at all.
You must need to hear it again then. They are a small market and they share a state with two huge markets

San Antonio has a TV market size of 1.031 million which is 24th out of 28 teams. In 2022 their metro population was 2,550,960 which is in the bottom-10 of NBA teams. Just because they've drafted well and have won titles doesn't mean they're not small market.

San Antonio has a TV market size of 1.031 million which is 24th out of 28 teams. In 2022 their metro population was 2,550,960 which is in the bottom-10 of NBA teams. Just because they've drafted well and have won titles doesn't mean they're not small market.
The evidence was provided ad nauseum. Your refusal to accept it doesn't make it invalid. Feel free to go back and look it up again.

I'm enjoying watching Anthony Edwards becoming perhaps the best player in the NBA.

The Suns are cooked, but he absolutely killed a team with two elite playoff vets in Kevin Durant and Devin Booker, at 22 years old.

He's a once-every-ten-years alpha dog and just super fun to watch. Inner-circle HOF trajectory.

I'm enjoying watching Anthony Edwards becoming perhaps the best player in the NBA.

The Suns are cooked, but he absolutely killed a team with two elite playoff vets in Kevin Durant and Devin Booker, at 22 years old.

He's a once-every-ten-years alpha dog and just super fun to watch. Inner-circle HOF trajectory.
I think the way Ant, SGA and Wemby showed off this year, it makes you question where Luka ranks in the pecking order for young superstars. I had him solidly top 3 before this season, but right now I would probably put all those 3 ahead of him in "who will be the most dominant player 5 years from now".

However I am happy we traded Donovan before all these guys stepped up / came into the league. Now he looks much more like a tier 2 guy than he did two years ago.

I think the way Ant, SGA and Wemby showed off this year, it makes you question where Luka ranks in the pecking order for young superstars. I had him solidly top 3 before this season, but right now I would probably put all those 3 ahead of him in "who will be the most dominant player 5 years from now".

However I am happy we traded Donovan before all these guys stepped up / came into the league. Now he looks much more like a tier 2 guy than he did two years ago.

The main thing with Luka is he doesn't impact his team on both sides of the court like the others you mentioned, but as far as being an offensive force, I think he's still way ahead of them.

The main thing with Luka is he doesn't impact his team on both sides of the court like the others you mentioned, but as far as being an offensive force, I think he's still way ahead of them.
No disagreement, but my question was "who is the most dominant player 5 years from now".

So it was future tense and used the term "dominant", however you want to interpret that.

The state of the nba going forward is in such good hands with all these great young players. It is really enjoyable to see the old guard fall out early so these great younger players can get the attention. You look around everywhere and you see stars in their early to mid 20's leading their teams with great performances.

No disagreement, but my question was "who is the most dominant player 5 years from now".

So it was future tense and used the term "dominant", however you want to interpret that.

For me the only answer is Wemby. If he stays healthy we may be looking at the most dominant player in nba history 5 years from now.

I understood and wasn't disagreeing with you.

I think Luka will still be the best offensive player of that group in 5 years. The others might already have a better impact on winning than him because of their defense.

For me the only answer is Wemby. If he stays healthy we may be looking at the most dominant player in nba history 5 years from now.

Edwards vs. Wemby would be an interesting debate in a fantasy draft scenario - who would you build a team around for 10-15 years?

Hard to go against Wemby, IMO. He's just absurd.

Edwards vs. Wemby would be an interesting debate in a fantasy draft scenario - who would you build a team around for 10-15 years?

Hard to go against Wemby, IMO. He's just absurd.
Ya I take wemby if we are assuming both stay healthy. And I love Ant.

Sent from my CPH2451 using Tapatalk

Wemby is probably the future superstar with the reserve of SA beeing able to build a winning team around him. I remember how people say the same things when Zion and JA came into the league and 5 years after that, they still do not achieve anything big.

I wouldnt be that sure. The league currently is pretty wing-sized, and part of Wemby's perceived dominance lies in his massive height advantage. If I were to put Wemby in the early 2000s to fight with Shaq, Gasol and Ming... I dont know how dominant he would be in that time period.

Meanwhile SGA and Ant are doing their thing against a league that is primed to stop them. There really is no time period in history where they wouldn't be dominant.