What's new

Best things about the 2024 Playoffs

LogGrad98

Contributor
2020-21 Award Winner
2022 Award Winner
2023 Award Winner
2024 Award Winner
Post your favorite playoff moments, I'll start...

****ing LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE seeing the Fakers and the Suns getting absolutely ****ing ROLLED in this playoffs. Yes! That's about as good as a Jazz first round victory in my book.

Watching Gobert getting played off the court. Lol

Seeing Minnesota lock people down. We went the opposite approach and completely neglected the defensive side of the ball. To an extent, we still are doing this. We’ll see how that works out.

Seeing Ant play like prime Mamba. It’s been a long time since we’ve seen a player compete like he is doing right now. Not sure I’ve seen anyone trash talk KD or Booker (maybe only Kobe?) like he’s doing. It’s beautiful.

Honestly, seeing Spida fumble away this series is kinda funny. He still hasn’t learned to attempt to play defense. He only focuses on one side of the ball.

Seeing Philly Lose. Lol

Brunsen is really fun to watch.

Denver’s chemistry is insane. I hope they recover from their injuries for this next series.

The Clippers-Mavs series has been fun. That enigma that is James Harden is always interesting to watch and he's been playing well after some claimed he was done.

Orlando is a fun team to watch as well as their team has more than doubled their wins from just two seasons ago. The average NBA fan probably can't even name their head coach.

The Clippers-Mavs series has been fun. That enigma that is James Harden is always interesting to watch and he's been playing well after some claimed he was done.

Orlando is a fun team to watch as well as their team has more than doubled their wins from just two seasons ago. The average NBA fan probably can't even name their head coach.
Stan Van

Am I right?

They can be fun when their iffy shooters are making enough shots. When they aren't the offense is soooooooo bad. They have a good core to build around though and Mosley has done a fantastic job.

For whatever reason I started watching Orlando last season, and they've been one of the teams I've followed pretty closely for the last two years. It's been fun watching them grow. As a guy who appreciates defense, they've built a really good defensive team and have some players I enjoy watching on that end.

They remind me a little bit of the Favors/Rubio Jazz team where there was just an obvious lack of shooting compared to the better teams in the league. I hope they don't make too many sacrifices to their defense in order to improve their offense, although they obviously need to do something.

Watching Rudy and Mike advance and seeing the Lakers and Suns get eliminated. Highly unlikely but I would love to see Minny beat Denver.

The days of just recklessly assembling 3 stars is over. You need a complete team. Look at Denver, or OKC, or even Boston.
I mean, it was never a positive outcome if you did it recklessly....

And I doubt it's over. There will be still be these dumbass billionaires who come in and want it right away.

Ant

Sent from my CPH2451 using Tapatalk

Stan Van

Am I right?
Solid guess but no.
For whatever reason I started watching Orlando last season, and they've been one of the teams I've followed pretty closely for the last two years. It's been fun watching them grow. As a guy who appreciates defense, they've built a really good defensive team and have some players I enjoy watching on that end.

They remind me a little bit of the Favors/Rubio Jazz team where there was just an obvious lack of shooting compared to the better teams in the league. I hope they don't make too many sacrifices to their defense in order to improve their offense, although they obviously need to do something.
I agree. They have a solid team and they definitely don't underachieve. I think another reason I like them is they're in the East and they're a smaller market (I would call them a mid-market) than a lot of the 'powerhouses' who attract free agents easier.

Teams like us, Orlando and Indiana (and San Antonio and to a lesser degree Sacramento) are (for me) tough not to root for as they don't tend to easily attract the star free agents and therefore have to draft especially well.

Solid guess but no.

I agree. They have a solid team and they definitely don't underachieve. I think another reason I like them is they're in the East and they're a smaller market (I would call them a mid-market) than a lot of the 'powerhouses' who attract free agents easier.

Teams like us, Orlando and Indiana (and San Antonio and to a lesser degree Sacramento) are (for me) tough not to root for as they don't tend to easily attract the star free agents and therefore have to draft especially well.
Doc Rivers? He’s coached about every team out there so it’d make sense if he started to be hired at places that have already fired him.

Solid guess but no.

Yes, San Antonio needs so much pity. Just 3 #1 overall picks every single one of them in generation-defining drafts, multiple rings spanning over a decade of championship basketball. They have it so tough. I'm sad for them.

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Yes, San Antonio needs so much pity. Just 3 #1 overall picks every single one of them in generation-defining drafts, multiple rings spanning over a decade of championship basketball. They have it so tough. I'm sad for them.

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
I like them and I bet there are some forum posters who like them. Point is - THEY'RE.A.SMALL.MARKET.TEAM.

Doc Rivers? He’s coached about every team out there so it’d make sense if he started to be hired at places that have already fired him.
No. He's likely someone people have never even heard of. His name is Jamahl Mosley. He finished 2nd in C.O.Y.