What's new

Best "Young Cores" for the future? (Top 10)

Best "Young Cores" for the future?

• DEN: Lawson/Farried (Fournier/Hamilton)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • LAC: Griffin/Bledsoe

• TOR: DeRozan/Ross/Valanciunas/Fields

• Total voters

PrinceJL

Best "Young Cores" for the future?

Which team has the best set of young players (those entering into their 4th year)?

CLE: Kyrie/Thompson/Waiters/Zeller
DEN: Lawson/Farried/Fournier/Hamilton
DET: Monroe/Drummond/Knight/Singler
GSW: Curry/Thompson/Barnes/Ezeli
HOU: Harden/Lin/Asik/Parsons/Patterson/White/Jones
LAC: Griffin/Bledsoe
MIN: Rubio/Pekovic/Shved/Williams
NOR: Davis/Vasquez/Rivers/Aminu
TOR: DeRozan/Ross/Valanciunas/Fields
UTA: Favors/Hayward/Kanter/Burks

IMO the best set of:
Bigs = UTA/DET
Guards = HOU/GSW
Overall = CLE (Cap flexibility & tons of future #1s), UTA (CLE over UTA because they can also entice LBJ to sign in '14), HOU (Should be above UTA but I'm playing homer).

*In order to make a poll, I removed these teams out of contention*
CHA: Kemba/MKG/Biyambo/Henderson/Mullens
MIL: Jennings/Sanders/Henson/Udoh
ORL: Vucevic/Harkless/Nicholson
PHI: Holiday/Turner (Moultrie)
SAC: Cousins/Evans/Thomas/Ferdette/Robinson
WAS: Wall/Beal/Seraphin/Crawford/Booker

Last edited:
Which team has the best set of young players (those entering into their 4th year)?

CHA: Kemba/MKG/Biyambo/Henderson/Mullens
CLE: Kyrie/Thompson/Waiters/Zeller
DEN: Lawson/Farried/Fournier/Hamilton
DET: Monroe/Drummond/Knight/Singler
GSW: Curry/Thompson/Barnes/Ezeli
HOU: Harden/Lin/Asik/Parsons/Patterson/White/Jones
LAC: Griffin/Bledsoe
MIL: Jennings/Sanders/Henson/Udoh
MIN: Rubio/Pekovic/Shved/Williams
NOR: Davis/Vasquez/Rivers/Aminu
ORL: Vucevic/Harkless/Nicholson
PHI: Holiday/Turner/Moultrie
SAC: Cousins/Evans/Thomas/Ferdette/Robinson
TOR: DeRozan/Ross/Valanciunas/Fields
UTA: Favors/Hayward/Kanter/Burks
WAS: Wall/Beal/Seraphin/Crawford/Booker

IMO the best set of:
Bigs = UTA/DET
Guards = HOU/GSW
Overall = CLE (Cap flexibility & tons of future #1s), UTA (CLE over UTA because they can also entice LBJ to sign in '14), HOU (Should be above UTA but I'm playing homer).

*If I make this into a poll, which 6 teams should be elminated?

Eliminate Toronto, Sacramento, Philly, Orlando, Milwaukee, and Minny.

Good post

1. Hou If you find the true big man who defends well and rebounds great (Asik), a true scorer who goes to Line easily,either can put the ball on the floor
or shoot behind the arc and a glue guy who can do all things not so well but good enough (Parsons) + Lin who's got potential to be above the average of the league

2.US No need to mention the reasons but just concerning point is TY.

3.SAC One of the most talented big man who can be the main guy of any team (DMC), versatile, strong, perfect dribble player who needs good coaching (Evans) and a double double guy in the near future who is so athletic and perfect rebounder (Robinson), Fredette sucks so no need to mention about him

4. MIN It's just exciting to watch his court vision, tricky moves and awesome passes aka Kid or Nash, when his shooting comes along just watch him (Rubio), automatic double double guy, good rebounder, good post up player, one of the strongest player in the whole league but his ceiling is not so high, he is who he is ( Pekovic), so dangerous in the open court, aggressive, can play either PG or SG, great court vision, needs to shoot better and his potential is enormous (Shved), no need to mention about williams

5.DET Great offensive player, so matured for his age, average defensive player, good rebounder and a double double guy (Monroe), one of the most athletic big man in the league, perfect defender, blocker, rebounder but sucks at FT and no offensive game but once he combines well with Monroe they exactly twin towers of the east, good all around player, a combo guard but not a true PG, average ball handling, good rebounder and defender for his position but his potential is not so high to me. He plays so high min and his shooting choices are just so inconsistent (Knight).

I do not rank the LAC cause the other teams have got at least 3 players and I am not sure Bledsoe is long shot for them unless they sign Chris Paul.

I agree with your assessment of the teams. It is hard to argue with Cleveland being the best core because they at least have proved that they can compete for 48 minutes.

I'm confused.

In the poll - do we choose the best teams? Or the ones we want eliminated? Also how many choices do we pick?

Tough choice, but I gave the nod to Detroit over Utah. I think Drummond & Monroe is the only tandem of young bigs that is more promising than Kanter & Favors. Detroit also has a very young Brandon Knight, who could be very good. Harden & Parsons are both VERY good, Houston's future looks bright if one of their bigs evolves into a borderline all-star.

Tough choice, but I gave the nod to Detroit over Utah. I think Drummond & Monroe is the only tandem of young bigs that is more promising than Kanter & Favors. Detroit also has a very young Brandon Knight, who could be very good. Harden & Parsons are both VERY good, Houston's future looks bright if one of their bigs evolves into a borderline all-star.

I like what Detroit has as well but Utah is better off then they are. Let's look at some non homer facts.

First: Outside of the big between the two teams, who is the best player? If you polled every GM in the NBA and gave them a choice between Knight, Singler, Burks and Hayward, I believe Hayward comes out on top easily.

Second: Which team has the most future assets (meaning picks)? The answer is Utah.

Lastly: Who has more cap space starting next year? Utah.

I like what Detroit is doing but Utah looks to have a better future. Hopefully Jeffersuck is gone by next season and the Jazz can prove that they have the brighter future.

I like what Detroit has as well but Utah is better off then they are. Let's look at some non homer facts.

First: Outside of the big between the two teams, who is the best player? If you polled every GM in the NBA and gave them a choice between Knight, Singler, Burks and Hayward, I believe Hayward comes out on top easily.

Second: Which team has the most future assets (meaning picks)? The answer is Utah.

Lastly: Who has more cap space starting next year? Utah.

I like what Detroit is doing but Utah looks to have a better future. Hopefully Jeffersuck is gone by next season and the Jazz can prove that they have the brighter future.

I think GM's around the league would take Favors over Drummond and Monroe, as well. We have the best young big and young perimeter player between the two teams.

Cleveland has the best player (Irving) and two guys who can rebound above average and finish above %50 fga. I'd take that core over every other listed.

I'd trade Waiters if he didn't show vast improvement next season--his CJ'edness is too high. (High use rate low fg%)

I absolutely LOVE our young guys, but i think that irving will end up being a superstar and the best point guard in the league in a couple years, so i have to pick cleveland.

Irving is fantastic, but I'm just not high on the rest of their young core. Overall, I like the Jazz core better.

Cleveland for Irving alone. He's the only guy up there that has shown superstar potential. And I think Waiters has shown potential to be good as well

Wow, and I thought I was a homer..obviously Clev is the best core at this moment. Might change later, but for now, CLev, then I actually think the Jazz are up there right behind them.

The one thing that slants the poll is that in many cases, the 4th player listed is a scrub: guys like Ezeli, Singler, etc. Make it the best young 3 and Utah drops a bit, IMO.