What's new

Better player right now: Whiteside or Gobert?

Last season when they both came on strong I thought Gobert was the better player. This year Gobert has not improved and arguably taken a small step backwards. Whiteside has improved and is playing pretty consistent. Whiteside is a stat stuffer though. He doesnt really seem to care about winning or his team just about stats and getting payed this upcoming off-season. I give the edge to Whiteside, he is currently the better player. But if I was building a team or guessing the future I think Gobert will be better.

Gobert is better defensively and Whiteside is better offensively.

If Whiteside could pass pass at all I would give it to him, but he can't at all, so I would go Gobert.

Also Whiteside wants to nickname himself "Agent Block".

How bad is that? I've seen better nicknames from OneLove brainstorming sessions.

Whiteside is about three years older, iirc; he might be the worst passer in the NBA; he cares way more about stats than winning.

Gobert all the way, both present and future.

Tough call
For me out comes down to intangibles.
Attitude, ferocity, tenacity, personality, effort... GOBERT OR GO HOME

Dat salute doe
f0e879f23fbae8cf4dd8cb6197b5f602.jpg

a14352b594cef0ba3be4787f63908a10.jpg

761c6a8b2a1cc5d2cb5ebd85c43cf971.jpg

I'm really curious to see how Whiteside plays next season. I am expecting his level of play to go down quite a bit as he is in a contract year. Like others have mentioned he is a stat stuffer and is probably going all out for a max deal, and then will settle down and get lazy.

I take Rudy even though I was hoping he would be playing better this season. He is younger and way more of a team player

Right Now: Hassan Whiteside

Could Rudy be better in 3 years, sure. Rudy is a liability on the offensive end. He has trouble catching passes in the paint if it's not a lob. Turns it over too much for a big as well. Rudy needs to put on 25 pounds and become an actual imposing figure instead of just being tall and having long arms.

These are just my uneducated thoughts.

Sent from my iPhone using JazzFanz mobile app