What's new

Better Season So Far

Who has been better this season?

• Total voters

Contributor
Durant or Westbrook?

I know that this will be a lopsided poll (mostly due to an irrational bias), but if you've watched as much of the Thunder as I have this season it is a legitimate question.

Durant or Westbrook?

I know that this will be a lopsided poll (mostly due to an irrational bias), but if you've watched as much of the Thunder as I have this season it is a legitimate question.

Poll: Which team does LazyD like better?

a) Utah Jazz
b) OKC
c) duh, OKC

Poll: Which team does LazyD like better?

a) Utah Jazz
b) OKC
c) duh, OKC

No way, man. The Jazz have always been and always will be number one for me. I've watched the Jazz more than I've watched any other team this season. OKC is a distant 2nd in terms of total games watched.

Everyone knows you aren't even a Jazz fan anyway.

Thanks for your vote.

No way, man. The Jazz have always been and always will be number one for me. I've watched the Jazz more than I've watched any other team this season. OKC is a distant 2nd in terms of total games watched.

Everyone knows you aren't even a Jazz fan anyway.

Thanks for your vote.

That's ridiculous.

Utterly.

Go CATS!! though

Westbrook

He is the better player. I'm sorry Durant fans. I'd rather have Westbrook, at least for the short term (their careers until 30 (maybe even longer due to Durant's recent injuries). Call him a ball hog, but the dude is relentless and one of the most aggressive players ever to play PG (even after all the surgeries the dude is still ridiculously athletic and has 0 fear). He knows how to drive and kick too, it's not like can't pass.

Westbrook

He is the better player. I'm sorry Durant fans. I'd rather have Westbrook, at least for the short term (their careers until 30 (maybe even longer due to Durant's recent injuries). Call him a ball hog, but the dude is relentless and one of the most aggressive players ever to play PG (even after all the surgeries the dude is still ridiculously athletic and has 0 fear). He knows how to drive and kick too, it's not like can't pass.

Thank you for your input on this wonderful debate. I, too, like Westbrook better for this season and the next couple. Durant is a fantastic player and scorer, but I believe Westbrook has been more valuable overall. He is the number one playmaker on the team.

Really disappointed with the lack of NBA fans around this community. Does anyone watch the NBA besides the Jazz? I can't get enough. There are so many good teams and matchups on every night. People are missing out imo. Was thinking of starting up an NBA gamewatch thread so people could comment about games going on around the league, but it would obviously get buried underneath the great Utah/BYU basketball debates.

I haven't been able to watch as much of any team this year, so it's hard for me to say. But from what I gather, it seems like Durant's injuries are holding him back for sure, and Westbrook has really been shining. It's not surprising. I've always thought Westbrook was perfectly capable of being the alpha dog on a contender. He was my first pick in the current players draft in the summer.

Westbrook with three straight triple doubles.

Dude is crazy. I wanna see Westbrook vs Curry in the first round of the playoffs so bad.

The answer was obvious since you've asked only for this season. But in general, I would have picked Kevin Durant. Westbrook is incredibly explosive for any matchup and can dominate whenever he feels like it, but inconsistency has been his issue so far. This season he has come over it considerably. The ball hog and chucking thing is not really a problem too since he is mostly the best option to shoot and he is aware that he uses the ball too much and has the intentions to correct it. But Kevin Durant feels more unique of a combination of length, athleticism, unreal shooting skills and all around abilities to always make his team win. So generally speaking, Durant would be my choice. He has a lesser strong character than Westbrook though. Russ is kinda scary and looks like he will kick your *** if you let him down.

I think it's funny how so many jazz fans last summer were saying that they would not want westbrook or harden on our team

4th straight triple double while scoring a career high of 49 points.

He's the first player to have 4 consecutive triple doubles since Jordan.

This thread became a no-brainer after Durant went out again.

Westbrook is a stud. Definitely my favorite non-Jazz player to watch. I hope he gets the MVP. Probably won't doe.

27.0 PPG

8.2 APG

7.0 RPG

He's putting up better numbers than Lebron in all these cateogries (but obviously worse FG%).