What's new

Beverley to Lakers for THT and Stanley Johnson

Unless we were making big trades to improve our roster around Mitchell using our picks, Pat Beverly wasn't going to help us win or help young develop players. He would only hurt the team and its development. The dude is not that stable.

We’re rebuilding… we need as many bites at the apple as we can get. Wake up.
I don't disagree with this exactly, but Patrick Beverley wasn't going to get a first-rounder back. THT could both stick around and develop into a solid player.

What the hell you talking about? Those Kanter, Exum, Burks, Burke, Lyles, Almond, Koufous, Maynor, Allen, Azuibuke picks still make my toes curl. Gimme more of that ****.
Yeah screw trying to draft Mitchell, Gobert, Dwill, Hayward and Millsap. We are guaranteed to get those foundation pieces in free agency. What an idiot.

I don't disagree with this exactly, but Patrick Beverley wasn't going to get a first-rounder back. THT could both stick around and develop into a solid player.

I’d like this deal a lot more if THT didn’t have a player option next year.

When it comes to war chests of draft picks, people here do understand that we have one of the best war chests in the league right now, right? I get the idea that you want as many "bites of the apple" as possible, but we just traded a 6 ft 34 yr old PG for two "serviceable" wings in that are 21 and 26. Not really a needle mover as far as trades go, but I definitely don't think it's anything to complain about.

Yep, 2/12 solid picks over 15 years should get is where we want to go.
Please stop with the stupid posts. We drafted 3 star players in a 7 year stretch. Unfortunately Lindsey was a complete moron over the last few years but that doesn't change the fact that there were game changers available with almost everyone of those picks. Hopefully this time around we have better scouting and of course a hell of a lot more bites at the apple.

Also, if we're going the tank route, we're not going to try and make a splash with a FA next summer anyway. We want to tank for at least 2 years, so that we keep our outgoing OKC pick for at least the 2024 draft. So, I couldn't care less that THT has player option for next summer.

So the Gobert trade has yielded sofar a million picks, swaps, Kessler, Vando, THT, Stanley Johnson, Beasely. Good? Bad?

And we have two days to include THT and Stanley in another trade...is something incoming?

Also, if we're going the tank route, we're not going to try and make a splash with a FA next summer anyway. We want to tank for at least 2 years, so that we keep our outgoing OKC pick for at least the 2024 draft. So, I couldn't care less that THT has player option for next summer.
So if he has a great year and leaves what exactly did we gain from this trade?

Please stop with the stupid posts. We drafted 3 star players in a 7 year stretch. Unfortunately Lindsey was a complete moron over the last few years but that doesn't change the fact that there were game changers available with almost everyone of those picks. Hopefully this time around we have better scouting and of course a hell of a lot more bites at the apple.
Smart, Tatum, Brown, Williams….takes an eye for talent which we’ve sorely lacked in the past.

So, we trust Ainge on evaluating draft talent but not trading for 21 year olds? Got it.