What's new

Beverley to Lakers for THT and Stanley Johnson

We swap a winning piece with losing pieces so we can set up the tank. Only way I can think of it.
Well ya. I figured everyone understood that.

Two firsts and a big buy out opportunity…. how is that remotely better than what New York has on the table?

What? We're not talking about Donovan to the Lakers for Westbrook...we're talking about sending two or three of or vets like Bogey, Clarkson, Conley, Beasley etc. to the Lakers for Westbrook and hopefully both of their first-round picks. Then we would still send Don to the Knicks.

Last edited:
I imagine this makes a Westbrook trade to Utah much less likely.
Or the other way to read it is that it may not have been as likely as we were imagining here.

But I don't know. Jazz still have things Lakers could want if they go off of Westbrook: Bogey, Clarkson/Beasley, Vanderbilt, maybe even Conley though that's less likely with Beverley already there. Who knows (although this is a longshot), maybe they wanted to do Beverley a solid before the other aggregation trades went through and this worked well enough on its own as a straight up deal?

So, we trust Ainge on evaluating draft talent but not trading for 21 year olds? Got it.
What are you talking about? I already said I like the trade. I think he ends up being a solid rotational guard. If we go full tank with a Mitchell trade then I could see him putting up 15,5 and 5 this year.

Yep, 2/12 solid picks over 15 years should get is where we want to go.
Well those 2 we hit on did bring us to the promised land after all (the second round of the playoffs)

Yeah screw trying to draft Mitchell, Gobert, Dwill, Hayward and Millsap. We are guaranteed to get those foundation pieces in free agency. What an idiot.
And all the championships that come with those foundation pieces too.

Neither are rebuilding pieces since THT sucks and so does Johnson and isn’t young.
THT struggled last year but was really good his second season. If he can snap back to that player then we have a solid young guard to be part of a rebuild.

So if he has a great year and leaves what exactly did we gain from this trade?
Maybe I had fun watching his great year for one thing. Maybe we trade him at the deadline during his current great year. (dont know the rules on that though tbh)

THT struggled last year but was really good his second season. If he can snap back to that player then we have a solid young guard to be part of a rebuild.
That will either suck and eat cap or leave. 0 upside here.