What's new

BigGT: Jazz @ Warriors - 3/21, 8:30 pm MST

no moral victories for me. we are just not that good. we are getting better, but we are not a contender. we are back to wherever we were before the blow up - perennial 1st round exit.

we need more pieces. a superstar scorer would be awesome.

True we need a big signing. It could happen.

Sent from the JazzFanz app

<sigh> Maybe Rudy caught the "Millsap Malady." This mysterious injury shows no symptoms, but causes a basketball player to have ****ty games for weeks on end.

Yeah, God forbid somebody speculate about the hindering effects of a recent injury when a player's mobility and explosiveness suddenly vanish directly after.

Gobert needs a few days to recover. Exum needs to just trust himself. Hayward had an off night. Burke made some 3's and yet I still hate watching him play hero ball.

no moral victories for me. we are just not that good. we are getting better, but we are not a contender. we are back to wherever we were before the blow up - perennial 1st round exit.

we need more pieces. a superstar scorer would be awesome.

There is also a lot of potential for growth from within. This is the youngest team in the NBA. Last year the Jazz sucked ***. Now they look like a playoff team.

Frickin Barbosa man - I had this guy written off a couple of years ago with dumbass shot of his. Easily the best he's played since he was in Phoenix.

I get that people are excited about the potential of this young team, but tonight is a reminder that they have a long way to go still. Not enough experience, guys hitting the wall and a shaky bench. All 3 things will be better next year.

The goal for this year should still be at least 41 wins. They need to finish 10-3 to achieve that. I think that a .500 record to finish this season (especially how it started) would be a huge momentum shift for next season.

The goal for next year should be at least 50 wins and a playoff berth. After adding some pieces and filling out the bench this offseason, this team has the whole offseason to get bigger and better. Next year is when they take their defensive identity, hone it to a razors edge AND start adding more offense to it. There's a good chance that the Jazz look a lot like the Spurs/Hawks next year.

The goal for 2017 should be to keep Hayward, deal with other contracts as needed, and be contenders. They need to be a top 3 team in the West to legitimately do this. That means the defense needs to continue to stifle teams AND Exum and Gobert have developed into legitimate offensive weapons. Hayward, Hood and Favors can't do it alone. Get more production out of Dante and Rudy offensively and this is a dangerous team.

Last edited:
Guys need to realuse we've been playing competitive the entire week. Most teams would be gassed as well.

We do need a guaranteed scorer though. Someone who can give us 30 points any given night.