What's new

BigGT: Jazz @ Warriors - 3/21, 8:30 pm MST

He is what he is. Much like last year, the best thing you can say about him is he doesn't turn the ball over.
Fortunately missed shots, even really bad ones, don't count as TO's.

Not sure how I feel about his threes, but his penetration is getting better.

Penetration and wild misses create offense rebound opportunities for Gobert, especially when Trey tries to go 1-on-3.

Lemme think of the best PFs right now. Aldridge, Griffin, Dirk, Duncan, Green, Davis, Gasol, Monroe, Millsap, Love.

If I had to rank for PFs this season, I'd probably go

1) Davis 2) Aldridge 3) Gasol 4) Griffin 5) Favors 6) Millsap (5 & 6 are arguably interchangeable).

Seeing as Gasol is almost done, there definitely is a high chance that Favors could be top 5 for the next several years. The dude is just 23. Nuts. And we don't even have him on a max contract. Top 30 player IMO.

Gasol?

Pau Gasol?

He ain't top 5 anymore. Terrible defender right now. No way he is above Griffin or Millsap.

Gasol?

Pau Gasol?

He ain't top 5 anymore. Terrible defender right now. No way he is above Griffin or Millsap.

I'm not a huge Griffin fan-- and I'd probably still take Gasol over Millsap.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice list. I concur with you. The only comment i would make is i would put bosh and love in there. I know love is having a tough season but if you look at what bosh did before and after lebron, i think a big part of that is the role he is thrust into.

First NBA Career 3pointer.

Won't be the last. He's going to get the green light to add that to his game. Budenholzer gave Millsap the go ahead, and Snyder gave Kanter the go ahead when he was playing the 4 this year. Now that Favors has officially been slotted into the starting PF job, I expect him to take more and more as Quin gets him more comfortable in that role.

Best inadvertent photo bomb of the night with Boone...

14mb4if.png

Won't be the last. He's going to get the green light to add that to his game. Budenholzer gave Millsap the go ahead, and Snyder gave Kanter the go ahead when he was playing the 4 this year. Now that Favors has officially been slotted into the starting PF job, I expect him to take more and more as Quin gets him more comfortable in that role.

I said it early this season but I think Favors will have a consistent 3 point shot next season. This will really open up his game. If he has to be guarded at the three point line than the pick and roll will be deadly with him. Favors always said he could crush Kanter in shooting. Said he always beat him in horse and that was a couple seasons ago. Favors works hard and now that he is the PF in Quins system he will slim up a bit to be quicker and he will really get his shot consistent.

Just watched the highlights from Yahoo. Literally didn't include a single Jazz highlight.

Sent from the JazzFanz app

Anyone else notice on the bench everyone drinks out of the same cups (gatorade or poweraid, idk) and Dante gets his own Redbull cup? Then in his post-game interviews in front of his lock he has 3-5 Redbulls displayed at all times?

I wonder how much money Redbull pays Dante and how much money they lost by having Utah draft him.

Anyone else notice on the bench everyone drinks out of the same cups (gatorade or poweraid, idk) and Dante gets his own Redbull cup? Then in his post-game interviews in front of his lock he has 3-5 Redbulls displayed at all times?

I wonder how much money Redbull pays Dante and how much money they lost by having Utah draft him.

surely chugging that many redbulls he'd be able to show some more signs of life at times ...