What's new

Bike Hitch

The Thriller

I was looking to get a tow hitch installed on my car so I could then buy a bike hitch so I could have more fun this summer. I’ve been looking on KSL for a good bike hitch and am not wanting to break the piggy bank. I’ve seen a few that I really like by Thule, Yakima, and Allen ranging between $100-$300 dollars. Do any of you have experience or preferences with these hitches?

I’m looking to haul only 1 bike right now but in time maybe 3. I don’t think I’ll ever need something that’ll carry 4 or more.

I bought one that I really like that can handle heavy E-bikes (mine weighs over 80 pounds)
I think, but can't remember for certain, I bought it from a website called sportsman's guide or something.
It was like 170 bucks or something.

I tried to post a picture of the rack but it said the file size is too large.

Where is this picture shot from? That's a great view.
I want to take a guess. Is it a community fishing pond in a park next to several baseball fields in Taylorsville? I'm going to go find the name but want to get my guess in.

Okay not Taylorsville. Is it Willow Pond?

We love our north shore rack but we got it forever ago. I just checked new prices and they’ve gone up significantly.

Where is this picture shot from? That's a great view.
Willow pond. In Murray I think. I was riding the Jordan river trail from 7800 south to north temple. Great ride. Lots of tunnels and bridges. Lots of diversity. Gioes through a wildlife preserve, a golf course, plus all the diversity of the river itself. Goes through international peace gardens, there is a decent amount of art along the trail.
I highly recommend it.

I want to take a guess. Is it a community fishing pond in a park next to several baseball fields in Taylorsville? I'm going to go find the name but want to get my guess in.

Okay not Taylorsville. Is it Willow Pond?
Yep. Nailed it. That Jordan river trail is just a few hundred yards away..

Any luck? I’m looking for new places to take the little psychopaths.
It's a pretty chill little community pond. They stock it with rainbows and channel cats. I haven't been in several years and I never had much luck there, but I sucked. I usually used power bait setups which many consider idiot proof but I managed to suck at using power bait successfully.

Oh and I can't stop reading the thread title as "bitch hike" for some reason

Any luck? I’m looking for new places to take the little psychopaths.
None that day. Or most times I go there. But I don't use bait (worms, powerball etc) so you might have luck with that method.

I caught a monster rainbow years ago but I don't do well there for the most part

Do fish have a good enough grasp of risk and financial reward to want to bite on that?
DH4JGhe.png

all that work and I typo'd powerball