What's new

Bill Simmons: Prediction No. 1: Utah tries like hell to trade up for Jabari Parker.

If true that they do like Randle. Then wouldn't just the 5 & 23 be enough? I thought I heard the 2017 class was as good as this one???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's supposed to be the next great class, but there's a chance Silver changes the age requirement. Even if he doesn't, I think we're being delusional if we think that pick is going to be high. Curry ain't going anywhere.

Jabari sure came to play against Mercer in the NCAA Tournament.

Not just Mercer. Basically after about the first 7 games of the season, or when they started playing decent teams regularly, he just wasn't that good. 44% FGs, 28% 3pt.

Sent from my SGH-T959V using Tapatalk 2

Doesn't Jabari weigh like 400 lbs by now? It's hilarious how down people are on this dude. He is simply the best NBA-ready player in the draft. He is gonna kill it in the NBA. If we get him, we should be dancing in the streets.

This crap is hilarious right?

We got people thinking Vonleh is a better pick. Holy crap that is so ridiculous.

I'll bet my Jazzfanz membership and ban myself if Jabari doesn't tear up the NBA. He is the most sure fire stud in the draft.

Chad Ford ‏@chadfordinsider 3m

Jabari just finished working out. Went hard. Shot it well. Ended it with a series of emphatic dunks. Overall he looked really good.
All in for Jabari.

Thank god you aren't running the team then

I'd rather ship someone else of instead of Burks though. Switch Burks with Kanter and that's better. But I'd still trade Burks for Jabari.

I'd cringe a little at trading Burks or Kanter. I really think both could become 20 point scorers in the league (or close to it).

But yeah, I'd part ways with either if that's what it takes to get Jabari.

Burks might be the one guy on the team who still COULD blossom into a super star..NONE of the others will (sorry to burst any remaining homer dreamers' bubbles) they all have too many flaws and are not consistently good at all aspects.
I would much rather keep him, i agree. That being said, Id drive him to the air port to be able to pick Jabari.

It's ASSUMED the Jazz want Parker. But do they?

Everyone links Parker to the Jazz because he's a Mormon, just like everyone thought Utah wanted Fredette and every white player gets projected to the Jazz.

It's a DL smokescreen.

Burks gets it done. He's a nice asset. I'd rather give up 4 future firsts, but 3 may do it.

Again if Philly, MIL or Orlando are in position to draft him, and are in love it's over. If they like Randle, Smart, or any of the other guys they might be swayed.

I know 4 picks in a STEEP slope. However, we need a spark. Jabari is that guy. If we keep our core AND add Jabari we'll be fine.

In short if we don't add Jabari we are in big trouble. I don't see any option at 5 getting us anywhere special.

Not just Mercer. Basically after about the first 7 games of the season, or when they started playing decent teams regularly, he just wasn't that good. 44% FGs, 28% 3pt.

I'm just not sure what Jabari is good at. Poor shooting numbers, can't pass (1 apg 2 TOsa), doesn't handle well, awful defender...9 rebs pet game though. I guess if you're drafting him to be a rebounder, you may have a shot since that seems to be the only thing he does pretty well.

I would HATE to lose burks..... but as i have said before.... i think jabariight be the best stretch 4 that the nba has ever seen.

I would cry if we traded burks but i would get over it and be excited to have jabari

I'm just not sure what Jabari is good at. Poor shooting numbers, can't pass (1 apg 2 TOsa), doesn't handle well, awful defender...9 rebs pet game though. I guess if you're drafting him to be a rebounder, you may have a shot since that seems to be the only thing he does pretty well.

Jabari is your scoring leader who you run your offense through. He will be an All Star.

guys listen to me...parker is going to get his *** torched off in the nba.

marcus smart all in!

I'm not giving up more than #5 and #23 to move up myself. Well, maybe I could take on some salary to grease a deal. But, if it's going to take more assets than that I just sit at #5 and be happy. Maybe even move down.

If PKM is right that Philly really likes Randle, then it could happen.

My hope would be that #5 + #23 + 2017 GS pick would be enough. I'd be sad to see any member of our core go.

If PKM is right then I'd hold out and see what happens. If both Philly and Orlando go big then suddenly the Jazz could be looking at Parker/Exum or Wiggins/Exum depending on what goes down.

Here's a scenario based of of what we've heard so far:

Cle: Embiid
Mil: Parker
Phi: Randle
Orl: Vonleh
Uta: Wiggins/Exum

another one

Mil: Wiggins
Uta: Parker/Exum

I'm enjoying this game. Anyone else want to play?

I would HATE to lose burks..... but as i have said before.... i think jabariight be the best stretch 4 that the nba has ever seen.

I would cry if we traded burks but i would get over it and be excited to have jabari

Jabariight? I like it.

If PKM is right then I'd hold out and see what happens. If both Philly and Orlando go big then suddenly the Jazz could be looking at Parker/Exum or Wiggins/Exum depending on what goes down.

another one

0% chance two out of Wiggins/Parker/Exum are there at #5. We will be lucky if Exum is there at #5. We need to trade up to get Parker.

another one

I think there's a slight chance Orlando goes for Smart/Vonleh, or Philly goes with Randle. But we'd have to be VERY confident that they will for us to not pull the trigger on a trade.

Imagine if we had gotten top 3. We could get Jabari without having to give up picks/members of the core. God damn it.