What's new

Bill Simmons: Prediction No. 1: Utah tries like hell to trade up for Jabari Parker.

Is ANYONE on this team going to be anything more than a solid starter? I don't think so. So what's the problem with trading some of em away to get a guy that we could otherwise never have in FA?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So you are sure that Parker is going to be a superstar but you've already determine that none of our other players are nothing more than solid starters. Man I wish I had your crystal ball. All our young guys are 23 and under, I think what they become is still yet to be determined as is Parker's superstar status.

Who on this roster couldn't be replaced easily in FA? We have a roster stocked with role players. Yippee.

We haven't really signed many of these easily obtainable FA in a while though... Draft is one of our best bets to adding talent.

Parker is not going to get the Jazz a championship and just like Bledsoe and Harden they are very good players but neither are superstars. First of all no one even knows this is possible, it is simply Bill Simmons chatting up the draft.

Not alone. You're right. But he could be the #1 option. We don't even have a 2nd option on offense on this team.

Not alone. You're right. But he could be the #1 option. We don't even have a 2nd option on offense on this team.

Burks is looking like he could fulfill that position, that's why I'd rather not trade him...

Hey all you Fat Jabari Conspiracy Nuts. Check this out from Jonathan Givony of Draft Express...

Yes. Definitely not out of shape. RT @nsanba: Jabari Parker seemed to have lost some weight in the pics. Did it seems that way to you?

Good for him. Makes it less likely that he will be traded though. Again, I want everyone to know I like Parker and I would love to see him in a Jazz uniform. I still question parts of his game. I don't think my concerns are imaginary or a conspiracy. I hope Parker becomes the player that people think he is because he seems like a wonderful man and I will even laugh when Hack comes back and says I told you so. I am not anti-parker, I just am leery of overspending and getting burned.

I'm just not convinced that Parker is so much better than what we could get at #5. If you guys are looking for the one guy who could be our #1 option for a championship team, you are looking at the wrong guy. He is a high floor guy, but not super high potential. There are like four other guys to look at if you are hoping to find the #1 option, even if they are longshots. Parker's floor is a #3 option on a championship team. But his ceiling is only the #2 option. If we are going all in, then take a chance with Embiid or Wiggins.

There isn't a shortage of fat guys who play no D who can score 20+ in the NBA.

I agree he could be a number one option but he could also be a huge liability on defense. Sort of like Boozer (not comparing them). Boozer at times was a #1 or #2 option on offense and everyone knows about his defense. I am a big fan of Parker's ability to score. I think he can be a top scorer in this league if he can stay on the floor. I need to see more tape of Parker playing defense because maybe he isn't as bad but I still think it is the reason why he isn't the consensus #1 pick.

Good for him. Makes it less likely that he will be traded though. Again, I want everyone to know I like Parker and I would love to see him in a Jazz uniform. I still question parts of his game. I don't think my concerns are imaginary or a conspiracy. I hope Parker becomes the player that people think he is because he seems like a wonderful man and I will even laugh when Hack comes back and says I told you so. I am not anti-parker, I just am leery of overspending and getting burned.
Of course, it will NEVER come out if a team was willing to trade a top-3 pick or exactly what they wanted from the Jazz to do so (if they were even willing). We'll hear bitching and moaning for the next 10 years over why the Jazz should have traded picks x, y and z and players a,b, and c, for Wiggins, Jabari or Embiid (whoever has the best career). Or the opposite if we got one of those players and he didn't pan out, or Burks or any of the picks we gave up went on to become an all-star, the talk would be that we gave up too much. Either way, Lindsey probably can't win.

I'm just not convinced that Parker is so much better than what we could get at #5. If you guys are looking for the one guy who could be our #1 option for a championship team, you are looking at the wrong guy. He is a high floor guy, but not super high potential. There are like four other guys to look at if you are hoping to find the #1 option, even if they are longshots. Parker's floor is a #3 option on a championship team. But his ceiling is only the #2 option. If we are going all in, then take a chance with Embiid or Wiggins.

There isn't a shortage of fat guys who play no D who can score 20+ in the NBA.

Facepalm

I love Burks but I would do that trade. Mostly because the Jazz really need to swing for the fences, and I think Parker will be at least an all-star in this league.

Still I wish/hope it can be done for someone other than Burks.

There is no way in hell I'm doing 5th 23rd and Burks for 3rd.

I respect this opinion too...I just have a differing one. I don't think it's very clear cut either way.

Man I'm becoming one wishy washy **** lately. That's pretty much my opinion on the 5th pick of the draft as well. I'm fine with all four guys, though I have an order of preference.

Is ANYONE on this team going to be anything more than a solid starter? I don't think so. So what's the problem with trading some of em away to get a guy that we could otherwise never have in FA?

It's weird to hear you present yourself as someone who is talking the plainest common sense......... when you are also making an assload of assumption about a 19 year old kid as the background for your points. Check yourself homeboy.

#5 + #23 should be enough to move up 2 spots to get Parker. It would be similar to the Burke's deal. Jazz gave up 14+21 for 9, meaning an average 17 pick to move up 5 picks. This year they could do an average 14 pick to move up 2 spots.