What's new

Black or Wallace?

Which point guard would rather have with the 9th pick?

• Total voters
Chose Black because he's been my guy from the start and I'm willing to take the higher risk/higher reward route with the 9th pick. He could be something special or turn out to be fool's gold with shooting that reminds me of Rubio's. Would absolutely not be disappointed if we ended up with Wallace.

Guess I'll have to use him in Arkansas gear as avatar until @YoungJefe photoshops him in a Jazz jersey.

Last edited:
Cason, but y'all should know that already.

I'd love to move up for a guy with more star potential, but that might not be possible. I think we could reach for a guy like GG or Bilal, who might have more potential, but I think that's when teams start missing badly in this range. I don't think guys like Dick or Hendricks have more star potential than Cason, so at that point, just take the position of need and grab your PG for the next 10+ years.

I do like Black, but Cason is my guy for this draft. Honestly, Cason is my favorite prospect since Marcus Smart.

I think the real question should be Black or Dick..... and I hope we take Dick.

I just do not want a taller Rubio (although, I did like Rubio).
why-not-both-linus-both.gif

Neither. Draft something else at 9. Give me the Michigan guard perhaps with our 2nd pick. He can actually shoot.

I mean, I think the comp to Mike Conley is pretty obvious. They have nearly the exact same proportions, but Cason is 2" taller. They also have similar demeanors, very quiet and lead by example. Both very passive scorers. Neither came into the NBA as shooters, but can obviously shoot it a bit. Both known as defensive prospects.
Cason is 3.5 inches taller and 3.25 inches longer but who’s counting?

Bufkin could very well be gone by 16. If you really like him, you take him at 9
So take him at 9 then if all the other good prospects are gone. If we’re gonna piss away a pick on a guard, get the best one. Black doesn’t have the shooting to be effective and Wallace is just meh for me.

Tony Jones kinda threw water on us taking Wallace. Said Jazz will NOT run with two short guards this year.
Yeah IDK… I think he’s not small. Maybe he knows we like Black more. If Black is gone then one of Walker, Hendricks, or Ausar is there and they would be the pick.

Tony Jones kinda threw water on us taking Wallace. Said Jazz will NOT run with two short guards this year.
wth is he talking about? of course they won't run with two short guards - that doesn't even make sense. run with a lead guard with good size in Wallace and Agbaji or THT. but i voted black. just saying drafting Wallace doesn't mean they run with two short guards

jones continues to be a moron the more he tries to look smart. even if one thinks wallace is short, agbaji isn't and THT isn't. not to mention they could go out and sign or trade for a bigger guard in the offseason.

Yeah IDK… I think he’s not small. Maybe he knows we like Black more. If Black is gone then one of Walker, Hendricks, or Ausar is there and they would be the pick.

Which is amazing. I really think the cutoff is at pick 9. If someone goes higher than expected like Dick or Wallace then we have our choice of two players at 9.

shooting is absolutely a concern with Wallace.

It’s a concern for both yet I only see it being brought up as negative for Black.

I personally think Black is the better defender and passer plus he’s bigger. Not much of a comparison.

It’s a concern for both yet I only see it being brought up as negative for Black.

I personally think Black is the better defender and passer plus he’s bigger. Not much of a comparison.
you're right. people are glossing over it. i do like wallace's shooting potential and what i saw from him at times as shooter than Black based on what i saw from Black, so i'd say shooting is more of a concern with black than Wallace, but yeah, it's a thing for both. But i did vote Black due to the elite size. i don't think Black is a better defender though and that is no slight on Black's defense - Wallace is just that special defensively.

Black can’t shoot but Wallace can? Lmao

34.6% from 3 makes you guys confident?
I only see one the percentage for one player in your post. Im gonna need the percentage of the other player in the comparison in order to compare them. Also gonna need volume of attempts.