What's new

Blake?!

BTP

In the wake of CP3 agreeing to opt into the contract in order to get traded, could the Jazz do something similar to trade for Blake Griffin? I'm thinking of Favors + Burks + '18 1st round pick for Blake. You could even argue to add Beverly while we add Exum and Boris nonguaranteed

If Favors, 1 pick and Burks gets it done, yes for sure. Although the reason CP3 went for so cheap is he agreed to an extension to go to the team he chose and was going to regardless. I doubt Blake is telling him he is going to Utah no matter what so trade me for something to the Jazz or else I am walking for nothing. If Blake was agreeing to an extension and opting in there would be quite a few teams to drive the price up.

If Favors, 1 pick and Burks gets it done, yes for sure. Although the reason CP3 went for so cheap is he agreed to an extension to go to the team he chose and was going to regardless. I doubt Blake is telling him he is going to Utah no matter what so trade me for something to the Jazz or else I am walking for nothing. If Blake was agreeing to an extension and opting in there would be quite a few teams to drive the price up.

CP3 was saying: I'm leaving you regardless. I'd love to go to Houston over a lesser contender, but they don't have capspace. You'll get assets in return if you agree to trade me and I opt in.

Blake could say the same: You either lose me for nothing, or I opt in and you get Favors, Burks and a 1st round pick back

Obviously Griffin would be quite the coup for the Jazz. He's what I hoped Favors can become.

I'd give up a bit more than what has been discussed so far.

Really don't have any interest in Blake Griffin being on the Jazz. Would much rather load up on wings and guards, then find a hustle/effort guy to play minutes until JJ takes a bigger role in the playoffs.

Gobert-Blake-Hayward-Hill is a super team.

Draymond guards Blake, Klay on Hayward, leaving Hill to kick Steph's *** and Gobert to rim run while KD, who has no clue what to do, tries to guard him.

Obviously Griffin would be quite the coup for the Jazz. He's what I hoped Favors can become.

I'd give up a bit more than what has been discussed so far.

I would to. I think he would be a solid fit. Obviously we would have to hope he stays healthy. That said we dont have the assets to get him, but I guess I could be surprised.

If they put him up for trade then they are rebuilding. We have little to nothing to offer a rebuilding team, we have injured vets and late picks.

CP3 was saying: I'm leaving you regardless. I'd love to go to Houston over a lesser contender, but they don't have capspace. You'll get assets in return if you agree to trade me and I opt in.

Blake could say the same: You either lose me for nothing, or I opt in and you get Favors, Burks and a 1st round pick back

Why did no other team get a chance to bid on him? The price for CP3 would have been higher if teams were competing for him. All the reports I read today are that CP3 wanted to play with his buddy and forced a trade to them and their hands were tied because they would lose him for nothing.

I expect Griffin to either stay in LAC (it's his team now), go to Miami, or go to Boston. He has to demand to go to Utah for them to do a S&T.

Gobert-Blake-Hayward-Hill is a super team.

Draymond guards Blake, Klay on Hayward, leaving Hill to kick Steph's *** and Gobert to rim run while KD, who has no clue what to do, tries to guard him.
Yep.
Of course we should all want griffin on the jazz. Idiotic to think people wouldn't want him.

Reminds me of 2 summers ago when the majority of jazz fans didn't want harden or westbrook on the jazz. Even if we didn't have to give anything up.

You should always want perennial all stars on the jazz. Duh.

Why did no other team get a chance to bid on him? The price for CP3 would have been higher if teams were competing for him. All the reports I read today are that CP3 wanted to play with his buddy and forced a trade to them and their hands were tied because they would lose him for nothing.

Ya, but even if officially it's forbidden to negotiate before July 1st, I'm sure DL knows who to talk in Griffin's camp to get a response about that proposition. If Griffin likes the chances of the Jazz (Starting Lineup: Hill - Hood - Hayward - Griffin - Gobert with Exum, Mitchell, Ingles, Joe coming off the bench. Griffin would be the "small Center" in case the Jazz toy with scoring lineups) he'd just go the CP3 route and say: You either get nothing or you get assets in return and trade me to a capped out team.

He may not be the greatest fit but I'd take my chances given that he's very talented.

Ya that was my thought exactly. I think he's an okay floor spacer and his finishing in isolation should be better than what Hayward does in those situation and make the Jazz more robust against 4th quarter breakdowns when the offense doesn't find solutions organically.

I was thinking about available free agents if Hayward Bolts and Griffin is at the VERY top of the list.

Griffin next to Gobert is a different face in the league right now. Griffin can spread the floor just fine. I think it's a great fit!