What's new

Bogie should start.. playing better.

Jazzmix

Because it's the Day of the Thousands Threads I wanted to participate too.
Imo changing the starting line up doesn't make sense. Conley has been playing great this year and Joe has been great too coming of the bench. We just miss last year's version of Bojan. We will need his clutchness in the playoffs. He is dribbling too much and still hasn't regain full confidence with shooting. He just needs to wake up.

Absolutely. He needs to take 20 shots per game until he gets his confidence back. Hornacek always said shooting 3s was 50% ability and 50% confidence. I'm sure the surgery and wrist pain is messing with his mind.

When he's at his best. - he's probably better than anything we could possibly trade for - especially given that he knows the system, wants to be here and is a part of this team. I think the trade deadline messes with some players heads as well. It'll be nice once we're past that and can focus solely on winning now.

Absolutely. He needs to take 20 shots per game until he gets his confidence back. Hornacek always said shooting 3s was 50% ability and 50% confidence. I'm sure the surgery and wrist pain is messing with his mind.

When he's at his best. - he's probably better than anything we could possibly trade for - especially given that he knows the system, wants to be here and is a part of this team. I think the trade deadline messes with some players heads as well. It'll be nice once we're past that and can focus solely on winning now.
Almost all of Bogey's slippage is due to his paint FG% dropping from about 70% to 59%. His 3 p% is 39.6% vs. 41.4% which is a negligible difference. His turnovers are actually way down this year compared to last.

Almost all of Bogey's slippage is due to his paint FG% dropping from about 70% to 59%. His 3 p% is 39.6% vs. 41.4% which is a negligible difference. His turnovers are actually way down this year compared to last.
His usage is down nearly 5%.

This year he is averaging 40.8 touches per game with an average of 2.12 seconds per touch (86.5 seconds of total time with ball in hand)

Last year he had 44.4 touches per game with 2.54 seconds per touch (112.8 seconds of total time with ball in hand)

He's been phased out of the offense a bit due to the guard rotation having the ball in their hands more.

This is surprising. It feels like he's turning it over a ton.

I think if we narrowed down the numbers more, he's probably turning the ball over more frequently specifically when he puts the ball on the floor and drives compared to last year when he would put the ball on the floor and drive. His total numbers may be down, though.

His usage is down nearly 5%.

This year he is averaging 40.8 touches per game with an average of 2.12 seconds per touch (86.5 seconds of total time with ball in hand)

Last year he had 44.4 touches per game with 2.54 seconds per touch (112.8 seconds of total time with ball in hand)

He's been phased out of the offense a bit due to the guard rotation having the ball in their hands more.
Good stuff... I think that is in part why he might be the most expendable of our top guys. I was speaking more to his shooting dip... he was great at finishing in the paint last year and that has fallen off... makes sense given the wrist injury.

I think perception is part of the difference on our part... last year he helped lift up an average offense to a better than average offense. This year he is just part of the Hydra, so when he is off it sticks out more. I think he's been more inconsistent this year but have nothing to back that up.

I think if we narrowed down the numbers more, he's probably turning the ball over more frequently specifically when he puts the ball on the floor and drives compared to last year when he would put the ball on the floor and drive. His total numbers may be down, though.
Lowest turnover percentage of his entire career, so probably not.

Good stuff... I think that is in part why he might be the most expendable of our top guys. I was speaking more to his shooting dip... he was great at finishing in the paint last year and that has fallen off... makes sense given the wrist injury.
Yeah, my point was just that he doesnt have rhythm like he did last year because he's less involved in the offense.

@infection

Bogey averaging .6 turnovers per game as defined by NBA.com with a 8.8 turnover percentage.

Last year he averaged .9 turnovers per game with a 9.4 turnover percentage.
not surprised by it at all .last season he had many of the same issues but he was also hitting shots like crazy so we fans could barely care about his other weaknesses.

this year he is not making nearly as many shots so fans start noticing other holes to his game such as passing, dribbling, rebounding, defense,etc.

Bogey is one of those guys who absolutely need to start scoring to make up for his other glaring weaknesses.

To me he seems to be just less consistent even if percentage wise it's pretty much the same. It's just a rollercoaster of very good and bad shooting nights. And it's probably the same with turnovers. There were some games when he turned it a lot and it makes an impression that he is worse in that regard.

Lowest turnover percentage of his entire career, so probably not.
But you also pointed out his usage is down and his time with the ball is down... so, maybe that has reduced his total number of turnovers? Maybe?