What's new

boy does tim tebow suck

TheItinerantSon

i just watched his first pre-season game and man he only looks at one reciever.

his motion has regressed, but the vision is a bigger issue than the mechanics.

what do you guys think...

on a scale of 1 to 100 with 1 being hopper and 100 being dan marino

how much does tim tebow suck at quarterback?

i'm going with 34 (he has to get to 40 to be brooks bollinger).

If you're talking about the game vs. the Bengals I agree and disagree. That was a couple weeks ago and if I remember correctly he completed his first pass which was a screen to a running back or a short drag by a slot guy. I think his second pass was a deep fade route down the sideline which the receiver (Simpson maybe?) just flat out dropped. At that point, we would have been lauding him at 2-2 for about 35 yards but the guy dropped it, he was 1-2 for about 5 yards and from there things got ugly. I think he was shaky on his next series when he threw one really bad ball and then on another series (his third?), he seemed to be blitzed mercilessly and the o-line didn't pick up any of the (multi-player) blitzes. Any rookie qb would have trouble with that. So while he was quite flawed, some of his ugliness made sense.

In hindsight, I think Tebow played another game the other night. Maybe I'm wrong because I know he missed some practices so I thought he'd miss the game too but maybe he played and you're looking for our assessment from that game.

Anyway, I wish the kid well. I'm not religious but I 110% respect where his head's at with that aspect of himself and hope he can transcend the sport the way he did college football. Obviously, I'm sure that won't happen but I'd like to see the kid succeed.

Here's the crazy thing about Tebow: IMO, he's not an NFL Starter but he's got an iron will on a level that I don't think much of us have ever seen. I wouldn't be suprised to see him will himself to a semi-decent NFL career.

As a Broncos fan I was livid with the Tebow pick. I did not want him and had no interest.

That said after his 1st preseason game I saw some talent. But he is extremely raw and is at least 2 years from being an NFL QB. The pass that was dropped very well could have been a TD if the receiver catches it. He was behind the defense and the pass hit him in stride. He may or may not have been able to stay in bounds though. Also his size and athleticism that carried him in college simply won't help much at the NFL level. He's going to get beat to **** if he continues taking on NFL defender's.

Anyone who whores themselves out for a group like Focus on the Family is a person I want to see fail in life. In this case, I'll take the football field.

Also his size and athleticism that carried him in college simply won't help much at the NFL level. He's going to get beat to **** if he continues taking on NFL defender's.

Tebow won't last 3 years in the NFL is he tries to run like he did in college - Linebackers at this level are way too fast and strong.

Having said that, I think Tebow is tough as nails, smart and a born leader. He has the intangibles to be an NFL QB. He may not set any records; but if he wants to, he'll have a long NFL career.

Plus the NFL needs someone to fill the void of "mentioning Jesus Christ 11 times in a 2 minute interview" left by Kurt Warner's retirement

Anyone who whores themselves out for a group like Focus on the Family is a person I want to see fail in life. In this case, I'll take the football field.

I'm not a big fan of that group either, but I figure to each their own. It seems kind of sad that you'd like to see a guy "fail in life" simply because he's put his time and efforts behind a group that you don't happen to like.

i just watched his first pre-season game and man he only looks at one reciever.

his motion has regressed, but the vision is a bigger issue than the mechanics.

what do you guys think...

on a scale of 1 to 100 with 1 being hopper and 100 being dan marino

how much does tim tebow suck at quarterback?

i'm going with 34 (he has to get to 40 to be brooks bollinger).

A rookie QB is locking on to receivers? That's crazy man.

I'm not a big fan of that group either, but I figure to each their own. It seems kind of sad that you'd like to see a guy "fail in life" simply because he's put his time and efforts behind a group that you don't happen to like.

+1

When it's a group that's trying to deny people civil rights, I have a problem with it. If he was just a member of the Yellow Mustard Appreciation society I wouldn't care, even though I personally hate mustard.

EDIT: So, just out of curiosity, which one of you gaping vaginas gave me this message in rep?

"I hope you die of AIDS. ***."

Just a thought. Try using something called "wit" the next time. If you possess the vocabulary and intelligence to use it.

When it's a group that's trying to deny people civil rights, I have a problem with it. If he was just a member of the Yellow Mustard Appreciation society I wouldn't care, even though I personally hate mustard.

EDIT: So, just out of curiosity, which one of you gaping vaginas gave me this message in rep?

Just a thought. Try using something called "wit" the next time. If you possess the vocabulary and intelligence to use it.

LOL It wasn't me. I always sign my reps whether positive or negative.

I don't give a **** what he believes as long he helps my team win football games and isn't a murderer or rapist...and I am extremely pro-choice. I bet there are a bunch of players in the NFL that are firmly against abortion, but they don't have the platform that Tebow does to get their beliefs out there.

I don't give a **** what he believes as long he helps my team win football games and isn't a murderer or rapist...and I am extremely pro-choice. I bet there are a bunch of players in the NFL that are firmly against abortion, but they don't have the platform that Tebow does to get their beliefs out there.

Fair enough. Doesn't mean I have to like him, or support him. If there were a player who was against interracial marriage, I'd detest him too. Although if he played for the Colts, I'd hope he'd play well. So I see that position.

A rookie QB is locking on to receivers? That's crazy man.

Were you trying to be funny? Because you weren't. Or did you seriously miss what he said?

There's nothing wrong with looking AT receivers. However, looking at only one is something that even HS quarterbacks need to avoid. In a passing offense, there's a thing called a progression. If a quarterback doesn't follow his progression he becomes an interception machine. EVERY successful pro quarter learns to read defenses and follow his progression.

Were you trying to be funny? Because you weren't. Or did you seriously miss what he said?

There's nothing wrong with looking AT receivers. However, looking at only one is something that even HS quarterbacks need to avoid. In a passing offense, there's a thing called a progression. If a quarterback doesn't follow his progression he becomes an interception machine. EVERY successful pro quarter learns to read defenses and follow his progression.

And many rookie QBs start off being very bad at said progression and just stare a guy down and chuck it. Duh.

Fair enough. Doesn't mean I have to like him, or support him. If there were a player who was against interracial marriage, I'd detest him too. Although if he played for the Colts, I'd hope he'd play well. So I see that position.

So if Tebow was a member of the Nazi party and went to KKK rallies on the weekend and picketed dead soldiers' funerals because Americans love gays you'd hate his guts but would cheer him on because he led your beloved horses to a Super Bowl victory?!?

And many rookie QBs start off being very bad at said progression and just stare a guy down and chuck it. Duh.

Many rookies also come from passing offenses or pro-style attacks. Tebow didn't come from that. He came from a shotgun spread team that ran the ball a lot, which is currently the new version of the option. It's the best offense for running the ball right now as it spreads the field out and kicks defensive players out to the perimeter. It allows RBs and running QBs running lanes that they wouldn't otherwise have in more traditional option/running offenses. So just his college background is a knock against him.

If it's a "rookie" thing then he's got to overcome that. Many rookie QBs never end up doing this too. The NFL QB position is probably the toughest position in all of sports.

However, if one is to be successful in this league one needs to learn to understand defenses and follow a progression, no matter what the age or experience is.

I'm not sure that he can or will do that. It's real tough to change old habits.

He certainly didn't demonstrate to me that he could, even at the college level. Some of you act like his bad throwing mechanics are the only knocks against him. His ability to read defenses is horrid. He no longer doesn't have the best and fastest talent around him anymore. And at this level, he won't be a one show pony able to run all over the place out of the shotgun spread.

Pocket passers who manipulate defenses and follow their progressions win in the NFL (Brett Farve, Mannings, Brees, Rivers, Brady, Aikman, Montana, etc) . These "hybrid" running and passing QBs (Alex Smith, Vince Young, Mike Vick, etc) haven't been very successful nor will they ever be with the athletic defenses the NFL has.

I'll be very surprised if Tebow is ever more than a backup QB in this league. Great college player, but just not cut out for the League.

Last edited: