What's new

Boy Scouts tell gay leader to take a hike

Would it bother you if your son's scout leader was gay?

• Yes

Votes: 13 54.2%
  • No

Votes: 11 45.8%

• Total voters
TroutBum said:
To top it off, they've now got me teaching the Elders once a month.
This has got to be the most screwed up ward on the face of the planet. Probably lots of fun but definitely screwed up.

for some reason, I read this as "...the most screwed up ward on the ***** of the planet..."

I wonder why?

s/h/b "faces" but with an e after the f - it just doesn't seem the same when it's ****ed out!

LOL.

I'm not really sure I even want to get into this discussion really, but I am a little curious if anyone's mind would be changed depending on whether or not they knew beforehand or after the fact that a scout leader was gay.

Like if you know in advance before you child is involved in the program that the leader of your local troop is gay, you might be reluctant to enroll your child. But would it be different if your child had been involved for a while, you'd met the leader and liked him, and then at some later point you find out he's gay - do you think you might feel a little differently then? Or would that creep you out even more?

LOL.

I'm not really sure I even want to get into this discussion really, but I am a little curious if anyone's mind would be changed depending on whether or not they knew beforehand or after the fact that a scout leader was gay.

Like if you know in advance before you child is involved in the program that the leader of your local troop is gay, you might be reluctant to enroll your child. But would it be different if your child had been involved for a while, you'd met the leader and liked him, and then at some later point you find out he's gay - do you think you might feel a little differently then? Or would that creep you out even more?

I suspect that it would creep some people out even more wondering if anything had already happened to their precious Johnny.