What's new

Breaking News!

TroutBum

My Member's Premium
Contributor
Since we were all let down by babe's conspiracy thread (still waiting on some proof, yo), I've got one for you:

JazzInsider was not the HeavenHarris of old. He was, in fact, AintNuthin, or Hopper as he was later known.

I know, I know, but hear me out. To the people that liked the old incarnation of HH(I know, they're a rare breed) it was easily apparent that this new version was a giant step down from the old version. Even I noticed, which says something. Just like Slopper, JI felt the need to use a dumbed down version of some bro-dialect, which wasn't as bad as his previous trash, but bad enough to throw up some red flags. JI made it his mission, from pretty much day one, to be a pain in the mods *** -- just like Taint. Not to mention that JI has, also from day one, claimed to not be HH. Who would have thought that he was actually telling the truth? The dead giveaway was this reply to the mods: https://jazzfanz.com/showthread.php?38547-Tell-Us-Who-Got-Frac-d-Warn-d

moevillini-- I sense some hostility; there is no need to be upset.

I understand your stated concerns. You are a moderator, and as such you've voiced an issue for the moderator's group from that perspective. A perfectly legitimate issue. I will take it into account going forward.

On the other side of the proverbial coin of this conversation, I hope you're able to see you and I are just that--2 sides of the same 1 coin.
You voiced the moderator's issue, and all I am doing is speaking from the perspective of the common poster. No, we do not have a tight-knit small group of select elites with bright badges to separate from the riff-raff; but we do have numbers, and in numbers there is strength. For every 1 moderator, there are thousands of us. I am simply an advocate of the people, and I champion for our causes. This being one of those causes--a very important one, I believe.

Now, back to the topic at hand. Your issue makes perfect sense, in fact it highlights the root of the problem this thread was build upon. Why did I not realize the moderators were already working 'awfully damn hard'? Because there are 8 moderators on this site, and I hardly ever see any of them doing anything. The problem here isn't that they aren't doing anything, no, please don't get it twisted. The problem is that I can not SEE what they're doing, if anything at all.

Now, if you do not like the idea of adding-on to the current process to improve this site--what do you think about simply providing more visibility to the existing process? I'm not exactly sure how things work (again, due to the lack of visibility/transparency), but I've heard through the grapevine there is a private mod forum, in which certain issues are "voted" upon, with mods offering up rationals to their votes and whatnot. Is this correct? If so, why not let us see behind this curtain? Not suggesting posters be allowed to participate or even comment, just be aware--if they so choose.

A moderator's goal shouldn't be to punish and rule with an iron fist. Of course that is sometimes necessary, but ultimately the goal should be to foster an environment in which punishment is not needed very much--certainly not to the point of 8 moderators working "awfully damn hard." I'm trying to protect our posters--yes. But I'm also trying to make your job a little easier, all while trying to make this a better place. I don't think most posters here are inherently bad. I don't believe most here try to get frac'd/ban'd. A lot of the times, they don't really know they'll be frac'd for something until they actually receive the unfortunate message in their inbox. Had some of these posters been able to look upon past cases for examples and whatnot, perhaps they would have avoided it themselves. Message board moderating isn't black & white, so there is a lot of gray area. If the rules were simply "25MPH" like on a road, then it would make sense to have little visibility, as the rule is clear. But if the rule is something like "trolling," then the real-life counterpart wouldn't be "25MPH"-- it would be "low MPH." What is low? 15MPH? 35MPH? 25MPH? 85MPH? Tough to say. But if there were records of others showing which range others have received tickets, it would become a lot more clear. Right?

That is all. Is that too much to ask?

The original HeavenHarris couldn't have pulled a post like this out of his *** to save his life, while on the other hand, it reeks of classic Hopper. All Taint ever did was complain about the mods, until finally, they showed him the door; history repeats itself.

I'll post a three hour YouTube video detailing the rest of my proof, along with my thoughts on chemtrails, Sasquatch, EVP's, and the theory of Hack not being a dickbag, on Saturday.

The campaign against the "modstoppo" was very reminiscent of hopper. And yeah, this guy wasn't the fun loving type, like hh has usually been.

I'llstudy this one.

OK, I think I am an authority on this issue. JazzInsider is not Ain't. No conspiracy, no theory here.

Ain't could not write two paragraphs without one reference to the blues, and another reference to wine, and two insults to gays, and three outright begs to any female available.

case closed.

lol so your theory is aintnuthin waited for years with baited breath for a complete **** hole to emerge and get banned and then attempt to copy her m.o. to harass the mods?

I just said lol EJ will shoot me.

lol so your theory is aintnuthin waited for years with baited breath for a complete **** hole to emerge and get banned and then attempt to copy her m.o. to harass the mods?

I just said lol EJ will shoot me.

If bigb is right, though, which very well could bee, then that is a pretty epic troll job. Also kind of sad. Who has that kind of time or energy?

aint always struck me as a tormented soul, but not in the tragic hero kind of way but rather in the can't find a girl never moving out of moms basement pissed at the world kind of way. I thought he had some good insights, and was obviously fairly intelligent, but the schtick was so deeply ingrained I wonder at times if he had actually convinced himself that was who he really was. When he dropped the fake ebonics crap he had some decent comments, but the crap so often outweighed the good. I guess you could say he was just buried too deep in **** to contribute anything meaningful.

If bigb is right, though, which very well could bee, then that is a pretty epic troll job. Also kind of sad. Who has that kind of time or energy?

Ain't nobody got that kind of time or energy.

I had the same hunch as EJ about JI being Aint. HH wasn't Aint though. That guy was genuinely stupid.

I'll assume you're joking, but in case not--the moderator image was JI's avatar. JI wasn't a mod.

I was aware of the possibility of being merely an avatar, but Moe sorta shook me off that with her response to him. I mean, like, actually trying to be understanding and reasonable and nice and all that. . . . .

And besides, with your day job, I sometimes wonder if you have time to pay attention to the details in here. . . .

and then sometimes, I'm surprised you seem to know more about what's going on than even idle imaginative onlookers like me. . . .

This has got to be the most off alt call of all time.

I find it credible, in a twisted sort of way. I mean, yah I understand that the perv was almost an exact polar opposite to me in everyday life, but he was no fool.

uuuhhhhmmmmm.. . . . .

well, I claim to be a proven fool on a magnificent scale, still raising my battered bloodied head to try to be a knowitall despite all the proof life has dished out to the contrary. . . . .

I'm just saying, mom, basement, no gf and all, Ain't is not a fool like me.

So the suspicion that I might be Ain't comes off as a sort of compliment.

Is that an admission that you were A'int? Because despite your denials in the past....I'm still thinking so.

The short answer is no.

I've lived in the Philippines where I had to speak a pidgin English variety, and I sorta "get" Ebonics and all, even been around it a little. And I've tried to write in Ebonics myself, trying to be realistic to some time and place, stuff like that, but I'm no good at it. Just not enough exposure or immersion in it, that's all.

I believe Ain't is from Missouri or Illinois but with some time growing up in say Tennessee, and that he is a college graduate. I never concluded as to his "white" or "black" ethnicity, but considered him to be well above average in IQ and a political conservative or sorts, when sober. But I also considered he was probably 40 or so. . . maybe trying to recreate a lost youth. . . .

I wish he could just hold his nose, that's what he thinks he'd have to do, and not rile the supervision in here. I always appreciate another point of view, with some merit.

Was he X'd because of his alt ID being confirmed?

OK, to answer my own question, here's Jason's comment in the banned thread. . . .

Jazz Insider for... fun? No - I shouldn't say that. More because it was a matter of time anyway. I'm unfair. He's picked on. And, frankly, HH was already on a short leash and I think its clear he had no intention of staying or sticking to it even though he'll claim he either isn't HH or that wasn't stated for this particular reincarnation

I'll go with this. I had a sort of impression the JI was like HH somehow, maybe trying to swim on a higher level sometimes. . . .

I'd have a hard time reading anything JI wrote as being on Ain't level.