What's new

Brutal stretch coming up!

don't worry there are plenty of good teams to watch with the pass, and if you have a multiyear ,you might want a secondary team anyway, since this Jazz team is going to be in the lottery the next 4 seasons probably as well.
I hate tanking, because it takes away the competetion level, and turns it into a circus of side show draft games. Luckily for the NBA every fanbase has a ton of homers who love to spend more time watching college hoops trying to be armchair scouts, for the Jazz next great hope anyway, than they do watching the Jazz
Interesting analysis EZ! Always enjoy your takes. And you’re correct in that I’ll be watching more Laker and Wolves games now! Just being facetious about the refund stuff.

Hope you’re wrong about the four year tank though.

Tanking is not funny. But this is necessary at that stage. I will not looking much Jazz game to end the season whic is a good thing, don't have to wake up early on week-end or get distract at work.
May look at some Minny game to see how it works for Rudy and Mike.
It's only 26 games so i can deal with it. Hope we got some luck at draft night .

army responsibility ? what is this?
Finland has mandatory conscription, so your options are military, civil service or jail. Most pro athletes do their conscription in a separate unit that's more flexible than your standard service, often completed during off-season and sometimes in parts at a time, i.e. 2 months every summer for three years.

Finland has mandatory conscription, so your options are military, civil service or jail. Most pro athletes do their conscription in a separate unit that's more flexible than your standard service, often completed during off-season and sometimes in parts at a time, i.e. 2 months every summer for three years.
Is it possible to send Rudy Gay instead? just asking ...:)

What a stupid post. We just took away 3 rotation players and got nothing back. Even if Sexton is more productive than Conley which he will be it doesn't make up for the fact that we now have no depth.

Seriously, if we replaced Conley with Sexton and someone suitable from a Conley trade replaced Sexton I don’t think we’d have much drop off. The fact that we replaced Beasley/Vando with nobody means more THT, Dok and Fontecchio which means we’re getting worse.

Seriously, if we replaced Conley with Sexton and someone suitable from a Conley trade replaced Sexton I don’t think we’d have much drop off. The fact that we replaced Beasley/Vando with nobody means more THT, Dok and Fontecchio which means we’re getting worse.
wrong it means more Finnisher more Sexton more Kessler if they are not tanking. Ainge is attempting to pull off a miracle mid season tank despite having little chance of being much worse based on other rosters in the similar position doing the same ****ing thing.
If it is a race to the high lottery we will have to start the gleaguers not just hope the replacements for those gone are terrible.

The finnisher is going to fulfill his army responsibility next year so we can keep our lotto pick.
For the umphteenth time, that pick transfers forward until it becomes unprotected in 2027.

We want to give it away next year, so we dont risk pushing it to the years where we have swap rights with it.

For the umphteenth time, that pick transfers forward until it becomes unprotected in 2027.

We want to give it away next year, so we dont risk pushing it to the years where we have swap rights with it.
Are you talking about pick we owe the Thunder? If so the pick is 1-10 protected for the 24 and 25 seasons and then 1-8 protected for the 26 season. At that point it becomes extinguished. We definitely would prefer not to give is away next year when we don't have any other teams first round picks.

Are you talking about pick we owe the Thunder? If so the pick is 1-10 protected for the 24 and 25 seasons and then 1-8 protected for the 26 season. At that point it becomes extinguished. We definitely would prefer not to give is away next year when we don't have any other teams first round picks.
Actually I rechecked it and I dont know how I read that so wrong. You are correct though. Pro sport transactions had it convert into a second rounder but I think thats wrong since other sources dont mention that.

However sucking to top 10 pick next year just so we have a pick then is not only hard to execute with our pieces but a bad plan for our timeline... unless you suggest we tear things down even further.