What's new

Burke for Lawson: Would ya?

seattlejazzfan

After his second DUI and Mudiay looking promising, rumors continue to run rampant that the Nuggets are looking to move Lawson.

Do you take a drunk Lawson and his 18-19 PER over Burke? I'd do it in a heartbeat except that Lawson's presence could screw with the chemistry on this team.

No. He's not the Jazz type of player.
I don't disagree, but not sure I give a rats ***. He's everything we hoped Trey Burke would become when he was drafted. 15 and 10 last year. Dudes just don't get 10 assists in this league anymore. That's a rare ability. Plus he can get buckets.

But chemistry and development of youngsters matters. Not sure what I think.

c2mzh9h.png

1Rjq8nb.png

Plus the dude is showing no drive, one DUI is okay people make mistakes, but two isn't show some restraint.

Lawson the player? Absolutely. Unfortunately, despite his fairly high-level play, dude seems more interested in partying than basketball (if rumors are correct). More power to him, but I'm not sure you want a guy like that on such a young roster, especially if he requires a lot of attention from coaches.

His trade value is at an all-time low, so why the hell not. Although there's no way we're trading for him.

After his second DUI and Mudiay looking promising, rumors continue to run rampant that the Nuggets are looking to move Lawson.

Do you take a drunk Lawson and his 18-19 PER over Burke? I'd do it in a heartbeat except that Lawson's presence could screw with the chemistry on this team.

Denver's been trying to trade him for a long time now.

c2mzh9h.png

1Rjq8nb.png

Plus the dude is showing no drive, one DUI is okay people make mistakes, but two isn't show some restraint.
When did those posts happen? Most likely when he was fairly highly regarded around the league. He may change his tune when he has no options. Again, not saying the Jazz should do it, but from a pure ability standpoint it's a huge upgrade. Plus we get rid of Trey.

The risk would be worth it. Either he gets his **** together off the court and keeps playing well on the court and we have a good player or a valuable trading chip. Or worse case he doesnt get his **** together and we lost a backup pg that we have plenty of. Chemistry is winning, I think he would help us win. Lawson is a much better player than Burke. Not sure denver would, his value is low but I think they could get something better back. Lawson might also be banned for some of this season.

He's nearly in his 30s and partying still seems like his number 1 priority. No thanks.

It seems a little pricey when the teams is trying to develop Exum. I guy like George Hill is better priced and is far less likely to be a disruption coming off the bench. Lawson the talent always a nice pick up, but with all the baggage and the timetable for the team I don't think he fits. But if it's for Burke straight up you probably do it anyways.

He is really good and at a position of need (Dante looked good, but it was one SL game). It is really tempting because the talent is high and the cost has to be low at this point. A place like Utah could be good for him because there is no partying.

The DUIs are one thing, but the biggest issue is if he has a bad attitude and disrupts chemistry. Bunch of guys said he can't be the leader of a good team... he wouldn't be the leader here. It's tempting but I think it would disrupt chemistry too much. If Dante comes in and really struggles I'd revisit the opportunity. I just don't know who will trade for this guy... not a great fit out there. Maybe Chicago? Brooklyn (they don't have much to offer)? Houston? Sacramento if Rondo continues to suck.

George Karl did not want to trade for him.

Karl wanted him baaaaddd. Kings management didn't want to give him what he wanted after his BS and the price was likely higher at that point.... now they have Rondo. There is also a lot of bad blood between Denver and Sacramento in the front office... doubt they will be working together any time soon.

I think ultimately I probably agree with the general sentiment that he may disrupt chemistry and development to the point that it isn't a good risk. But at such a low cost... dang.

On the plus side, won't he get less drunk on the same amount of beer in Utah? Win-win for everyone!

I think ultimately I probably agree with the general sentiment that he may disrupt chemistry and development to the point that it isn't a good risk. But at such a low cost... dang.

I think people don't realize how freaking good that guy is... There was a stat regarding creating open good shots (layups and corner 3s I believe) and Lawson was second only to Harden. He could fix a lot of what ails us, but would definitely be a starter over Exum and is not the right locker room influence at all.

I do feel ya though... it'd be awfully tempting if I was DL. I also don't care what he said in a reddit chat... Denver and Utah are rivals... I would hope he hates playing here.