What's new

Burke Ranked as 30th Best PF By NBA Execs/Coaches/Players

The quote on Burke is by an "NBA player"

"I don't think he's quick enough to get his own shot. I don't think he shoots it well enough. Really small, struggles with length. I don't know what he's going to be. He's really got to make shots to be good. So undersized."

People keep mentioning this cheap point guard that is willing to come to Utah and be a backup, but they never seem to give a realistic name of who this person will be. The Jazz have gotten those dudes. Their names are Milt Palacio, John Lucas the Third, and the Ghost of Jamal Tinsley. Straight off the turnip truck Trey was a tremendous upgrade to those guys. Do you remember how long we had to suffer through the Jon Crottys and Jimmy Leses before we fricken found Howard Eisley? Bring back Burks, get Tomic to add another distributer to the bench offense and Trey will be fine. Right now the team is asking him to do things he isn't capable of yet with almost nothing to work with at the guard line. The dude everyone keeps telling us we need to get rid of Trey for may exist, but those guys are valuable and aren't going to sign in Utah to play backup for pennies.

I don't think anyone is going to come in on a minimum deal for us... I think we need to invest 5-6 M per year in a capable backup. Someone that can play 25-30 minutes a night. Guys I like that are free agents: Jeremy Lin, Cory Joseph, Aaron brooks, cj watson, Patrick Beverly, nick calathes.

Guys that could be had in trade Darren collison, Jose Calderon, Pablo prigioni (though he's really old), jameer Nelson.

The quote on Burke is by an "NBA player"

"I don't think he's quick enough to get his own shot. I don't think he shoots it well enough. Really small, struggles with length. I don't know what he's going to be. He's really got to make shots to be good. So undersized."

I saw that too, it was Isaiah Thomas.

Trade Burke for a ham sandwich.

Bring over Tomic and keep Boozer. Then draft a SG and sign a pass first back up PG

Gobert/Tomic
Favors/Booker
Hayward/Hood
Burks/(Oubre, Winslow, Johnson...)
Exum/FA back up PG.

Millsap, Motum, Cotton, Evans, Ingles to close out the bench

When the hell did we re-sign Boozer? Get that **** outa here.

It is crazy that according to that ESPN article Dante Exum is only the 23rd "best" defensive PG (7th worst for the math challenged). Either ESPN is very wrong or Jazzfanz is overvaluing his defense.

Haven't read this thread (I don't think), but being ranked the 30th best in a position he doesn't even play is pretty damn legit, no? We should be posting him up more?

1. Russell Westbrook
2. Stephen Curry
3. Chris Paul
4. Kyrie Irving
5. Damian Lillard
6. John Wall
7. Mike Conley
8. Kyle Lowry
9. Tony Parker
10. Jeff Teague
11. Derrick Rose
12. Goran Dragic
13. Eric Bledsoe
14. Ty Lawson
15. Rajon Rondo
16. Kemba Walker
17. Ricky Rubio
18. Jrue Holiday
19. Reggie Jackson
20. Deron Williams
21. Brandon Jennings
22. George Hill
23. Darren Collison
24. Brandon Knight
25. Isaiah Thomas
26. Patrick Beverley
27. D.J. Augustin
28. Jarrett Jack
29. Mo Williams
30. Trey Burke

Teams not represented: Lakers, Magic, 76ers, and Knicks.

I'd probably put Elfrid Payton at 27 or 28. At least he will be next year.