What's new

Burks at PG?

Offensively, I could see a lineup of Burks/Hood/Hayward/Favors/Gobert working as Burks, Hood, & Hayward can all facilitate enough to get away with not having a true PG running the offense. Defensively is where I see that lineup potentially being a problem as I'm not sure there is anyone in that group capable of consistently guarding quicker PG's. I do believe that the lineup can & will work in the right matchups/situations, as well as that (at least offensively) this is our best possible starting 5. However, I also believe that not having 1 of Burks/Hood in the second unit would severely weaken our bench & could potentially outweigh the benefit of going with that starting lineup. Whatever the right answer may be, I trust that Snyder will eventually figure out how to maximize the talents/skill-sets that he has to work with.

Offensively, I could see a lineup of Burks/Hood/Hayward/Favors/Gobert working as Burks, Hood, & Hayward can all facilitate enough to get away with not having a true PG running the offense. Defensively is where I see that lineup potentially being a problem as I'm not sure there is anyone in that group capable of consistently guarding quicker PG's. I do believe that the lineup can & will work in the right matchups/situations, as well as that (at least offensively) this is our best possible starting 5. However, I also believe that not having 1 of Burks/Hood in the second unit would severely weaken our bench & could potentially outweigh the benefit of going with that starting lineup. Whatever the right answer may be, I trust that Snyder will eventually figure out how to maximize the talents/skill-sets that he has to work with.

If they are looking for some point guards off the scap heap how about either Diante Garrett, Nate Wolters or Elliot Williams? All have had their moments in the league.

If they are looking for some point guards off the scap heap how about either Diante Garrett, Nate Wolters or Elliot Williams? All have had their moments in the league.

It's possible that they go with that approach, but I don't find it likely as I'm not sure that any of those options are any better than what we already have in Burke, Neto, & Cotton. If the team does add a PG, I think it's more likely to be an established starting caliber one via trade rather than one via FA. To be honest tho, I don't really know enough about the options that you listed or the other FA PG's available to say one way or the other.