What's new

Burks not available for contact?

My2Cents

Tony Jones ‏@tribjazz

Burks had outpatient surgery on June 7, but everyone at the time said it wasn't a serious thing....hmm

He's not doing contact yet, and obviously can't play until he clears that hurdle

The Jazz didn't make this official, but it doesn't sound like he's going to be available, at least for the preseason

He probably has the same disease as Hillary Clinton.

Yeah, that seems off.

Not worried but it has my attention.

I feel bad for him. I don't think there's another player that loves basketball as much as Alec does, but he hasn't been able to play at full strength for years. Let's hope that we'll get to see some wild flip shots off the wrong foot sooner rather than later.

I hope so. Then we can count on him crushing his opponents.

Yep, so do you think it will be Joe Johnson, Joe Ingles, Rodney Hood or George Hill who dies a mysterious death first?

Maybe Alec wore an ear piece to receive prompts during media day?

In a more serious note: Didn't Alec get in a Car accident the day after his latest surgery?

The poor kid can't stay healthy. The poor Jazz whiffed that draft so badly.

Burks will absolutely crush teams off the bench if he has Joe Jesus and Lyles parked in the corners

Please don't compare burks to either presidential candidate. He is much more likeable and someone I trust to do his job more than either of those winners.

I do have a bad feeling about burks this year... I'm a fan but we are deep. He may be not be able to work into the rotation if he can't have consistent health.

Please don't compare burks to either presidential candidate. He is much more likeable and someone I trust to do his job more than either of those winners.

I do have a bad feeling about burks this year... I'm a fan but we are deep. He may be not be able to work into the rotation if he can't have consistent health.

Apologies to Fish, but Burks may very well end up on the trade block. I could see a scenario where Utah tries to showcase him for a while and hope somebody is willing to gamble on him staying healthy. Right now, Utah does have a little too much depth, so if everybody stays healthy, it's almost a certainty that somebody will end up pissed off about not enough playing time.

I suspect that the Jazz will use MORE THAN AVERAGE precaution wrt injuries. We have the depth to survive an extra week or two to make sure guys come back 100% instead of 85%. Last year we didn't have that luxury.

This may play a role for Burks not playing with contact. But it still sucks horse fingers...

Apologies to Fish, but Burks may very well end up on the trade block. I could see a scenario where Utah tries to showcase him for a while and hope somebody is willing to gamble on him staying healthy. Right now, Utah does have a little too much depth, so if everybody stays healthy, it's almost a certainty that somebody will end up pissed off about not enough playing time.

I could see a trade but I think it would be this summer depending on if we resign Hayward. If someone made a good offer I think we would bite, but I wouldn't want to trade him until I knew what are needs are next year.

Stay healthy AB... Fish can't handle another injury.

I don't see a trade coming for Alec. I don't buy into the whole "Ingles may be more valuable based off the way we play" either. I have always been team Burks, I think he is a special talent. His contract is pretty awesome too. He can be a key piece and a huge contributor on a playoff team.

I think we are in a better position to take that gamble than just about every other team.

I think we are in a better position to take that gamble than just about every other team.

It's possible that injuries may save us from having a shortage of minutes to go around, but if everyone stays healthy, somebody's going to be pissed off about their playing time. Personally, I'd prefer to keep Burks, I just don't see a way to keep everyone happy if they're all healthy, and Alec just might end up the odd man out.