What's new

Burks or Shumpert?

Darkwing Duck

Both are now going to be on around a 4 yr 40 million dollar contract.

Which player is the better value?

I think we all know the answer to that.

Will probably put up a comparison at some point.

As "bad" as this deal felt went it was inked, seems a lot better now.

I think Burks is still a work in progress and could be pretty good. I think he has a higher ceiling offensively, but Shumpert is a better defender. Not sure if Burks will ever be a good defender.

Looking at the numbers, Shumpert shows to have more value, while Burks has the better production (better meaning efficient as well as volume).

I'm generally low on Burks, but I'm not terribly invested in Shumpert, either. Burks is a year younger and coming off what doesn't seem like a chronic injury.

Shumpert was playing on a bum groin and knee during the finals, that team lost its spacing too. He also had a major knee injury. Iman has proven to be a good, starter quality player and a defensive stalwart. whos also a decent 3pt shooter that can get hot.

I'll still take Burks though, of course, more upside.

I still think if they drafted Shumpert back then, he guards Ginobilli and the Jazz don't get mopped by the Spurs with such ease. Shump would've shown more fight than everyone not named Derrick Favors.

Burks is almost 2 years younger than Shump. And let's not forget ANYONE looks could playing next to Lebron James. It's proven time and time again.

I'm taking Burks. Shumpert is a really good defender, but that's all he has over burks. I think Alec has the higher ceiling due to his slashing ability and improved 3pt jump shot.

Burks woulda gotten paid if he hadn't gotten injured and been a restricted free agent, glad we got him locked up.

You hear that sound? That's the sound of your credibility getting squashed by a truck.

bruh the Jazz got absolutely throttled that series, Hayward shot 18%, you honestly think they'd have done worse with Shumpert? They got swept and the average margin of victory was near 15 iirc.

Favors was the only one who showed up.. and they had no answer whatsoever for Ginobili, thats the same season Shumpert played great defense vs then MVP Derrick Rose, stole the ball off of him 2x to close out a game.

Josh Howard is who the Jazz were starting at that point, but the now 40million dollar Shumpert would've done worse. right?

Burks's worst season is still better than Chumpert's best season.

and yet their market values are similar. I guess it just depends on who you ask and when you get injured.

Burks best season is also the only one he's managed to play more than 80% of the games on the schedule. Shumperts best season involved starting for a conference champion.

anigif_enhanced-buzz-8987-1387150730-2.gif

bruh the Jazz got absolutely throttled that series, Hayward shot 18%, you honestly think they'd have done worse with Shumpert? They got swept and the average margin of victory was near 15 iirc.

Favors was the only one who showed up.. and they had no answer whatsoever for Ginobili, thats the same season Shumpert played great defense vs then MVP Derrick Rose, stole the ball off of him 2x to close out a game.

Josh Howard is who the Jazz were starting at that point, but the now 40million dollar Shumpert would've done worse. right?

Utah would have gotten throttled either way. Chumpert would have made little difference because the spurs were a vastly superior team.