What's new

"but I'm fully recovered now."

tleikheen

What now ? Exum declares he's fully recovered now with 11 weeks to go before the start of the season.

So much for a soft landing.....Exum already thinks he's back to what he was pre-injury with his declartion and still has 11 more weeks to go.

Jazz got to be cheesing pretty hard,the one guy on the Jazz with superstar potential is ready to go.

it's going to take a little while before he's game fit and picked up the speed and feel of the game again ... nothing will simulate game intensity. He's still got tonnes to learn

I'm hopeful for Exum. I've been hard on him in the past, but there is no denying his potential.

We've missed his lobs and inclusion of Rudy on the offense. Rudy looked a lot better to me playing with Dante.
His defense.

Last edited:
I don't want to burst any bubble but...
I believe Exum might think of himself as fully recovered, but that can really be known only by playing during the season.

In what I think is the best-case scenario, his knee will flare up without apparent reason a handful of nights and his court minutes will have to be limited. Then, hopefully, his doctors and the Jazz staff will recognize what exactly are his limitations effort-wise and prepare a very solid program to deal with it. I'm certain that they are already doing this, of course, but the wear and tear of the regular season can only be simulated to a certain degree.

I don't want to burst any bubble but...
I believe Exum might think of himself as fully recovered, but that can really be known only by playing during the season.

In what I think is the best-case scenario, his knee will flare up without apparent reason a handful of nights and his court minutes will have to be limited. Then, hopefully, his doctors and the Jazz staff will recognize what exactly are his limitations effort-wise and prepare a very solid program to deal with it. I'm certain that they are already doing this, of course, but the wear and tear of the regular season can only be simulated to a certain degree.

U act as though he's 35 or something. He's 20-21 years old. I fully believe he's 100% healthy. The only thing u should be questioning is how soon with ll he be in game shape.

Another Exum thread from you? Really?

You dont like it get the h*ll off....as long as Exum is part of the Jazz and the media is reporting on him ,he is in the discussion.

Go cry about KD leaving your OKC since you have his name as your Moniker ,now that's embarrassing.

I think we all can agree that we graded Exum on a major curve his rookie year. There are glaring holes in his in-game performance. And the guy he took the job over from was just shipped out of town for garbage, so we need to keep his "emergence" to this point in perspective.

I understand his potential; but Exum needs to play his way in just like everyone else. When we're lucky enough for that to happen then I'll worry about his place on the team.

you mean Gobert? Favors? Hood? if anybody has superstar potential is these guys - not Exum.

You can see Favors upside, he's not far from it.

Gobert is already close to defensive superstar

Could argue that Hood has a lot of upside, I think he will incrementally improve and his upside is AllStar, not superstar.

Exum has by far the greatest uncertainty and has superstar tools to really really improve. Who knows if he will, I think the range is between:
Downside = solid PG backup, great defense and adequate playmaking, below average shooter
Upside = first team All NBA, first team all Defense

Which is quite a span.

Exum already thinks he's back to what he was pre-injury

You seem to be assuming that "fully recovered" equates to "my basketball game is right where it was the day I got injured," which is not stated nor implied.

"Recovery" means his knee has recovered.

you mean Gobert? Favors? Hood? if anybody has superstar potential is these guys - not Exum.

Gobert is so OVERRATED by people here. He looks like garbage in the Olympics. At some point yall Jazz fans just have to accept Favors is the player he is and LOL at Hood has star potential. Put down the juice dude

Gobert is so OVERRATED by people here. He looks like garbage in the Olympics. At some point yall Jazz fans just have to accept Favors is the player he is and LOL at Hood has star potential. Put down the juice dude

So you are saying Exum has better potential then those 3?

You can see Favors upside, he's not far from it.

Gobert is already close to defensive superstar

Could argue that Hood has a lot of upside, I think he will incrementally improve and his upside is AllStar, not superstar.

Exum has by far the greatest uncertainty and has superstar tools to really really improve. Who knows if he will, I think the range is between:
Downside = solid PG backup, great defense and adequate playmaking, below average shooter
Upside = first team All NBA, first team all Defense

Which is quite a span.

No way he will ever sniff anything close to All star or first team defense. In fact I will bet he won't be resigned after his rookie contract is over. Predicted that correctly for Kanter as well.

You dont like it get the h*ll off....as long as Exum is part of the Jazz and the media is reporting on him ,he is in the discussion.

Go cry about KD leaving your OKC since you have his name as your Moniker ,now that's embarrassing.

My moniker
-
-
-
Your head

First it was CJ has MJ potential, then it was Kanter is the next Shaq, then Burks was compared to Dwayne Wade, and now Exum has superstar potential.

This fanbase has an incredibly embarrassing talent evaluating ability. It's the main reason the organization has been able to sell a stinking load of **** for 2 decades straight. Unfortunately, now fans have resigned themselves to the concept that championship in Utah is not possible so they're hoping for mediocrity at best.

Exum needs to be sold high.

Reactions: 8
No way he will ever sniff anything close to All star or first team defense. In fact I will bet he won't be resigned after his rookie contract is over. Predicted that correctly for Kanter as well.

"Never" is a dangerous statement.

Interesting nonsequitur about his re-signing.