What's new

BYU favored (for a change) by 10.5 over Wyo

BYU favored by 10.5

• BYU covers

Votes: 2 15.4%
  • Wyoming covers

Votes: 5 38.5%
  • I will be covering my own eyes to save them from this trash.

Votes: 6 46.2%

• Total voters
If Wyoming can man up and not get pushed around, they could have a chance. It's raining here so if BYU wasn't already going to try to run the ball 50 times right up the gut, they almost certainly will now. I just don't see Wyoming stopping that.

If Wyoming can man up and not get pushed around, they could have a chance. It's raining here so if BYU wasn't already going to try to run the ball 50 times right up the gut, they almost certainly will now. I just don't see Wyoming stopping that.

I think stopping the run is easily Wyoming's biggest weakness. If BYU is committed to pounding the ball, there's no way they lose. However, I'm hearing that your OC is saying how BYU is going to open up the playbook a little this week and get a little fancy. That would scare me if I'm a BYU fan.

Right now, BYU shouldn't be looking for style points. That could blow up in their face big time. I sincerely hope they run the freaking ball, beat Wyoming and after that stockpile a few wins against the likes of Colorado State, New Mexico and UNLV. At least that brings them up over .500 before Utah trounces them. It won't help the Ute's strength of schedule by much, but we'll take what we can get.

Watching Heeps trying to run a passing game is pretty hilarious. He has no touch, the receivers have no chemistry, and their passing game is just awful. That was a brilliant pass from Jake to the Wyoming defender.

This boring I formation Korea up the middle might work against these crappy teams. But it's boring as hell and will drastically backfire against halfway decent teams.

That pick 6 was an absolutely horribly thrown pass. No excuse for that.

I wonder if Anae is purposely calling this game conservatively just to give those who want them to "open things up" the bird? He seems like the kind of guy that would be jackass enough to do that.

sweet no call PI at the end of the game. Ref could have also flagged Rich for hitting a defenseless receiver a few plays earlier.

Games like these with assistance from the refs just infuse confidence for BYU fans, don't they? Barely getting by Wyoming at home screams to me that BYU is going to kick Utah's ***. The BIG 12 is going to be calling. And the Mtn West Conference is going to severely miss their best team.

A positive is a positive, and a win is a win. You had to know they were gonna pound the ground against WYO. The cougs have a "soft" chunk of schedule coming up. We may already know where they stand, talent wise, but this will be a chance for them to prove their mettle. If they haven't given up, they can get some Ws.

A positive is a positive, and a win is a win. You had to know they were gonna pound the ground against WYO. The cougs have a "soft" chunk of schedule coming up. We may already know where they stand, talent wise, but this will be a chance for them to prove their mettle. If they haven't given up, they can get some Ws.

With the schedule coming up for the Cougs, I fully expect them to be a .500 team by the end of the year, with the remaining loss coming to Utah.

I disagree. A win is a win, but these types of (playing conservatively and still barely winning) wins against San Diego and Wyoming is actually counter-productive.

Ok, everyone gets it. BYU sucks this year. Many in the media have declared this year a "rebuilding year."

But I have a problem with this. How is what they're doing going to help them "rebuild?"

How is BYU currently setting up to improve themselves next year? In a year of Independence of all things!

Are they developing receivers? By throwing to them the ball once a quarter?
Are they helping their QB any? By showing complete lack of confidence in the freshmen and running the ball on a 3rd and 8?
Are they opening up their offense? By becoming more and more conservative?
Are they getting fans excited for independence and instilling confidence in the (offensive) coaches? By basically throwing in the towel and only running dive plays in the I-formation against weak Div I teams that couldn't even stop Bingham High School's running attack? Even the most die-hard cougar fans (I live in Happy Valley so I know) are more pissed after yesterday than at any previous point. Running the ball every single time isn't entertaining nor is it BYU Football.... Nor will it work against 99.9% of DIV I Football opponents. Even the biggest homers are criticizing the BYU coaching staff for their inability to see long term.

This season is truly lost if BYU doesn't pull their heads out of their asses and actually start "rebuilding" for next year. Otherwise, why will next year be any different?

Open up the offense. If Robert needs to TIVO Northwestern, Mich St, Oregon, Boise St, Texas Tech, or Utah to learn how to run a creative offense, then do it. Unfortunately, arrogance has set in at BYU. Jaime Hill was about as arrogant as they come. And it showed, he was "never" wrong until it was too late..... Bronco has shown arrogance, as shown by his recruiting and dozens of little foot-in-mouth comments to the media. And now Robert is showing arrogance, by not listening to Coach Reynolds or Doman... Or to any fans.

robert anae is the type of guy that if told to pass, he'll run, just to prove a point. Too bad that his thick skull will soon cost him his job.

Good post; pretty much spot on throughout. Anae sounds like he is mentally challenged in his interviews, but he does have a Phd so he's probably just mentally challenged in the areas that actually matter in football(communication/play calling). Heaps made one of the all-time worst throws on that Wyoming pick 6, but that doesn't mean you collapse what little openness the playbook had at this point. He is clearly most accurate in about the 15-30 range right now, his deeper throws are looking pretty good as well, but he doesn't have any touch on his short throws.....so what do they do? They throw ****ing screen passes/5 yard outs all game when they even bother to throw at all. It's just pathetic how scared of a game grown men are sometimes.

Thriller - is it better to lose some games you could have won, just to practice your passing attack?

We're talkin' about practice...