What's new

BYU football: QB Nelson will undergo season-ending shoulder surgery

Duck Homer Wrote:

Your bold prediction wasn't even 24 hours old and Nevada rolls into Provo, punches your team square in the mouth, and rolls out of town with a double-digit victory.

Good call.

Hey, I was actually encouraged by their play though. Heaps missed a couple of wide open TDs and had a couple of them dropped or else they come out with the W. Nevada's good, BYU has played the 4th toughest schedule thus far according to Sagrain, and that was Heaps' first week of starting. He looked much more comfortable yesterday and I expect similar progress every week.

That said, the ****ing coaching is still a disaster this year. We ran the fade about 20 times, we ran a sweep with a slow runnning back on 4th and 4 inside of the 20, our OC goes braindead every time we get near the endzone, we had a rugby punt by a 4th string WR go for two yards, the defense continues to play 10 yards off the WRs, we don't put pressure on anybody because we don't blitz, our coaches continue to play experience over talent, etc.

This team is good enough to win ball games, I'm not sure they are good enough to win inspite of their coaches. It's been a total nightmare this year.

This is the first time I've ever actually questioned Bronco. I feel like I'm cheating on him.

Looks like Romney Fuga is out for the year now too because of this shot:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hy7GwBhVlOk

This is the first time I've ever actually questioned Bronco. I feel like I'm cheating on him.

It does seem that more and more Coug fans are starting to feel uneasy with Bronco. How many "below average" seasons has Bronco bought himself?

They really can't mess around now that independance is on the horizon. What could normally be a minor down swing during a regular situation could turn into a much bigger problem considering how they want to make an immediate mark once they go independant.

Looks like Romney Fuga is out for the year now too because of this shot:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hy7GwBhVlOk

That was one of the lamest no-calls I've ever seen. I still don't know how the refs didn't throw 8 flags on that play. It happened right next to the ball, every ref on the field should have seen it. Getting a season-ending injury on a clean hit is one thing, but to have it happen on a cheap, ***** hit is something else entirely. I still can't believe that guy didn't have his foot ripped off on the next play.

They really can't mess around now that independance is on the horizon. What could normally be a minor down swing during a regular situation could turn into a much bigger problem considering how they want to make an immediate mark once they go independant.

Bronco doesn't actually do much coaching anymore and is afraid to lay the smack down on his assistant coaches, that's what I see as the problem. If he can take a little more control, get rid of some of the garbage on his staff, and embrace JC players he could climb out of this mess.

Why BYU hasn't hit the JC ranks for skilled offensive playmakers in a long time is baffling. A lot of their biggest playmakers throughout the Lavell years were JC guys. JC guys make the missionary program work from a football perspective. The missionary program is an absolute disaster on BYU football without a chnck of JC guys filling in the gaps. Bronco doesn't seem to get this.

It does seem that more and more Coug fans are starting to feel uneasy with Bronco. How many "below average" seasons has Bronco bought himself?

I've been saying for 2 years now that Bronco needs to be replaced. My comparison was McBride at Utah. He was the right coach to bring the program out of the basement where the previous coach had dragged it but if you want to progress you need to go find a Meyer. Until they do this is as good as it gets.