What's new

BYU @ Utah........

Who is going to win on Saturday?

• BYU

Votes: 11 32.4%
  • Utah

Votes: 23 67.6%

• Total voters
You may be a BYU fan, but this is spot on. McCoy Hill would be great at Utah. He has the size, and his running would be great in Utah's spread.

Sent from my HTC Evo using Tapatalk.
Interesting thing about it is no one was really on him til we made a run to the semis (no major D1 colleges I mean). But now everyone is on him. Last I checked it was Washington, UCLA, Utah, and Arkansas with more knocking. But that's how it is with scholarships. All you need is one D1 school to be on you and then everyone is. But I don't think there's been an official offer yet.

Utes obviously were late to the game but that was more cuz they figured they were set with Wynn. Now they are having second thoughts. But also McCoy is definitely mission-bound so that will scare away it's share.

We'll see how it shakes out.

I still believe in Wynn as a college QB if he can ever find his drawers that he lost during the first quarter of the TCU game.

Did that punt bounce off the BYU player's nuts? I was at the game so I couldn't tell.

Yeah, the outcome sucked, but BYU/Utah is still awesome.

The only bad thing about Utah going to the Pac-12 and BYU doing they thing(Waiting for the Big 12) is that this game loses it's importance. Yeah it will still be bigh, but so what? The outcome wont effect either teams season very much. Especially Utah's because the PAC has an AQ in the Rose Bowl. But it's great to see one of the close ones go Utah's way.

Did that punt bounce off the BYU player's nuts? I was at the game so I couldn't tell.
Ya, BYU's D forced a punt! Ya, he shanked it! Oh fudge, it hit our player in the balls. That's ok, we picked off a pass so our ball anyway! No, he fumbled. But wait, Wynn throws it up for grabs and our DB is in perfect position. No, he bats it in the air to the Ute WR and the announcers are going to hang on his nuts like he is Jerry Rice.

LOL! That whole drive was a kick in the nuts. I watched the rest of the game anyway but at that point it was like we're not meant to win.

So salty what is your opinion on the fact that a Utah employee was in the replay booth? Hmmm?
If Utah had an employee in the replay booth, he should not have kept the BYU drive alive on that bobbled pass that was ruled complete (and upheld after replay). Or the horrible spot that gave BYU a first down on another drive. Or the crappy helmet to helmet call against Utah. Or the horse collar that wasn't called.

Besides, you could not see when the ball came out. The replay clearly showed his knee down, but you couldn't see when the ball started coming out.

Sent from my HTC Evo using Tapatalk.

Ya, BYU's D forced a punt! Ya, he shanked it! Oh fudge, it hit our player in the balls. That's ok, we picked off a pass so our ball anyway! No, he fumbled. But wait, Wynn throws it up for grabs and our DB is in perfect position. No, he bats it in the air to the Ute WR and the announcers are going to hang on his nuts like he is Jerry Rice.

LOL! That whole drive was a kick in the nuts. I watched the rest of the game anyway but at that point it was like we're not meant to win.

That's kind of how I looked at it too. What are you going to do when it just gets crazy like that? The only thing I'm really mad about is that they just folded up that last drive. I don't want Mitch Payne from 40 + to win the game under any scenario. You had a good amount of time left to make something happen. Take a couple of shots inside of the twenty and see what happens. The coaches are still afraid of good teams. I thought they were over that - I guess not.

Last edited:
Anae needs to be fired and then Mendenhall for keeping Anae around so long.

BYU's last drive Anae calls two runs up the middle. BYU gets stuffed. Heaps bails out Anae with a beautiful 3rd down pass. Heaps then proceeds to march BYU up the field where Mendenhall then decides to waste 3 downs with runs up the middle and settle for a FG. BYU loses 3 yards in 3 plays making the kick that much more difficult.

How about taking a shot at the end zone? How about running a screen? How about running around the end. Seriously? 3 runs up the middle so you can kick a 40+ yard field goal with one second left?

Also, shouldn't the defensive coordinator be teaching his players that when you intercept the ball and can just run out the clock you down the ball so that you don't fumble?

At least they quit throwing the ball to Ashcroft.

FIRE MENDENHALL!!

I want to curl up and die.

Sent from the bottom of my cellar, where I plan on staying for a few weeks while I try to come up with the funds to pay all you dickheads.

Wonder how things would have ended up if BYU kicked the short FG to go up 9-0 instead of going for it on 4th and turning it over on downs.

Wonder how things would have ended up if BYU kicked the short FG to go up 9-0 instead of going for it on 4th and turning it over on downs.

I thought it was a mistake to go for it even before they turned it over on downs. Not only that, I think Bronco has gotten away with some terrible coaching decisions during the recent years of this rivalry. Last season, there was over 1 minute left in regulation when Bronco had the winningest QB in BYU history run out the clock and opt for OT. While BYU did win that game, I felt it was in spite of Bronco's decisions, not because of them.

Today, I think a few of his bad decisions played huge roles in the loss.

I thought it was a mistake to go for it even before they turned it over on downs. Not only that, I think Bronco has gotten away with some terrible coaching decisions during the recent years of this rivalry. Last season, there was over 1 minute left in regulation when Bronco had the winningest QB in BYU history run out the clock and opt for OT. While BYU did win that game, I felt it was in spite of Bronco's decisions, not because of them.

Today, I think a few of his bad decisions played huge roles in the loss.

Except, if that pass had been completed, we'd all be singing his praises.

My ONLY beef with this game is the final drive and those absurd running plays up the middle. I slowly died a little inside on every single one of those snaps.

Except, if that pass had been completed, we'd all be singing his praises.

My ONLY beef with this game is the final drive and those absurd running plays up the middle. I slowly died a little inside on every single one of those snaps.
Why did they pass it anyways? They had been running the ball fairly well and it was 4th and inches!

Also, I was very impressed by Heaps, but I'm still not sure he knows what the word 'touch' means. He throws short passes way too hard and has no feel when trying to drop in the deep ball. Maybe he'll learn in time, maybe not.

one of the strangest games i've been to(also one of the coldest), just happy we won it, it was a struggle but we made the plays when we needed to

1195406048_utong-1-1.jpg