What's new

BYU vs ND on Sat

What about Hill? Do you open it up? I probably wait until after the bowl game. If Hill goes 2-5 vs BCS teams, I probably open it up.

What about Hill? Do you open it up? I probably wait until after the bowl game. If Hill goes 2-5 vs BCS teams, I probably open it up.

You think you just switch out a guy that goes 3,000 yards passing, 1,000 rushing in a season? That's enough production for me to say you still have a starting QB the next year, regardless of the losses. Plus, we don't have 6 guys waiting in the wings. In fact, Bronco hates our backup QBs so much that he intentionally burned two of their redshirt years for a few plays of mop up duty against Idaho State. They're all in with Taysom Hill, then Tanner Magnum QB situation. Who knows what they'll have if either of those guys go down. I think the #2 guy could probably play well if needed right now, but he's in Taysom Hill's class so....

My prediction is that Taysom Hill goes Pro after next year.

And of course, we know your thoughts on SoS are rubbish. Those Utah teams back a few years would've rolled the Pac 12 this year. The Pac 12 has proven to be exactly what I said. A conference of a lot of solid teams, but nothing crazy on top. That Urban Meyer guy seems to be a pretty good coach, eh? Considering every team he goes to gets good while he is there, and then they fall off a cliff a few years later. Florida lost to friggin' Georgia Southern yesterday. You can't chalk that up to anything other coaching. I haven't even seen Florida play this year, but we know they have the athletes.

They'll be fine.

By the looks of some of the posts in here by BYU fans, they're not "fine" right now. How are they going to be "fine" after losing two of their all-time greats in Hoffman and Van Noy? And that's just for starters.

I do think Hill will improve as a QB, but doubt he will ever be anything more than slightly above average.

By the looks of some of the posts in here by BYU fans, they're not "fine" right now. How are they going to be "fine" after losing two of their all-time greats in Hoffman and Van Noy? And that's just for starters.

I do think Hill will improve as a QB, but doubt he will ever be anything more than slightly above average.

They did snag a good JC WR(Nick Kurtz) to attempt to replace Hoffman so that's where a lot of that hope will come from. Michael Davis was like the second fastest high schooler in California last year or something and he was playing spot duty in the secondary this year because of injury, but he's normally a WR. So there's two possibilities at WR. They would be wise to get a few JC WRS though because they need them.

And by "fine" I just mean that they should be able to replicate the average Bronco Mendenhall year. 8 or 9 wins. There is a good chance that Green's schedule arguments might be more meaningful next year though because I see a 30-40 drop in SoS ranking from this year to next on early glance. But who knows, teams change every year. But if that holds and they can show some balls on the road @ Texas early, they could do some poll climbing early.

Byu will still be avg.

And with an easier schedule next year they easily could end up with a better record despite not being as good as the last year or two.

Byu, honestly, has missed the boat with KVN. Last year was thee year. Awesome secondary, essentially 2 top nfl defensive linemen, solid o line, receivers, etc....

In what? Certainly not the NFL.

You don't think he'll be drafted at all? He's got a cannon and can run. Everything else doesn't even matter. 11 Qbs were drafted last year, I don't how many are on average, but to me, that's a done deal if he doesn't blow out a leg or something. He might even go first round if BYU is good enough and he gets the hype train rolling enough. We'll see.

You don't think he'll be drafted at all? He's got a cannon and can run. Everything else doesn't even matter. 11 Qbs were drafted last year, I don't how many are on average, but to me, that's a done deal if he doesn't blow out a leg or something. He might even go first round if BYU is good enough and he gets the hype train rolling enough. We'll see.

Wow. Taysom may have the athleticism to play in the NFL, but when was the last time a QB was drafted who only completed 53% of his passes? Hill has to get MUCH better at passing before any NFL teams will consider him, in my opinion.

Wow. Taysom may have the athleticism to play in the NFL, but when was the last time a QB was drafted who only completed 53% of his passes? Hill has to get MUCH better at passing before any NFL teams will consider him, in my opinion.

Colton sums it up perfectly.

Colton sums it up perfectly.

Hello? Jake Locker anyone:

https://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/players/jake-locker-1.html

And there are a million examples beyond that. You guys have no clue what you're talking about. And Taysom is actually a productive runner. Locker was only fast, he didn't churn yards. The problem with all these other dual threats that get passed over every year is that they don't have an arm. Taysom makes NFL throws every game.

You need only look at the Wisconsin game to see why he's not going to get drafted based on what we've seen thus far. Playing against stiffer competition he gets stymied (53 rushing yards). Not exactly a ringing endorsement for "churning out the yards". Granted, that is more than most QBs run, but if that's what you're basing draft stock on, it's not much to hang your hats on.

Keep in mind, you said he goes pro after NEXT season. Colton and I are simply saying that based on what he's put up thus far, there is no way he goes pro after next season. There is a chance he improves enough to be an NFL caliber QB, but he's not close right now. He threw THREE INTERCEPTIONS against Idaho State. That's not a very good team to throw three picks against.

Or that time that Utah fans pretended like my 4-8 prediction for them was absurd. El oh el. Or that time that when I said Utah was going to be a bottom 6 Pac 12 team the second they step into the conference and everybody called me a homer. El oh El.

Or that time Taysom Hill went 3000/1000 in a year doe and people still act like he is an average quarterback. El oh el.

Or that time that Utah fans pretended like my 4-8 prediction for them was absurd. El oh el. Or that time that when I said Utah was going to be a bottom 6 Pac 12 team the second they step into the conference and everybody called me a homer. El oh El.

Congrats, you are now 2 for 800 on predictions.

£¥£

Or that time Taysom Hill went 3000/1000 in a year doe.

Hey. I've been nothing but nice here.