What's new

Can the CJ Miles actually playing well and hitting jump shot experiment please not end?

Now that Miles finally has a big game against a mediocre team after a month the homers come crawling out of the woodwork. Funny.

Is he the next Rip Hamilton? You betcha. He can do it all. He can pass, shoot, play defense like there is no tomorrow. Stupid Sloan didnt realize Miles's genius. He deserved to be fired.

Good to see you finally getting it.

cj needs to rely on his slashing ability first. If he turns his game into 75/25 slashing/jumpers he'll be a success.
Kid has a great moves attacking the rim. That should be his bread, and butter. With his jump shot as his secondary weapon.
I fear he isn't bright enough to get this, and will keep chucking. Cj will always be one of those what if players...

exactly

ap-41a173ad7a7346549e6a0d7537325e15jpgx180y200xc1yc1wc355hc394q70sigh4rxad9qvS.jpg

Yahoo sports thinks they're funny. Here's the picture they posted in the game article.

i am a miles fan (damn you for calling him clunk and smiles because those names pop into my head when im watching the games now) however he has been disappointing when he's just throwing them up. tonight he was going to the basket which seems to work well. hope he continues with that and learns his strengths because he can be pretty damn good.

Isn't Smiles a good name?

I always thought it was.

Smiles is a great name.

I'm ElRoach0, and I'm a Smiles hater. Although I want him to die of 3rd degree burns in a fire(Don't let him get out with just smoke inhalation), I would rather him play like this more often for our team. If he can average 20ish ppg for the rest of the season, I say we offer him a decent contract(6m-8m tops).

One more question and I will return to my lurking ways. For the guy with the STOP SHOOTING avatar: So if not CJ, who on the team should be shooting instead?

He doesn't quite have Jimmer's mullet but is he working that shirtless look!

Log... I'm starting to get the impression you have a secret crush on The Jimmer and are pulling on his mullettails?
Respond if this is true.
Ignore me if the reverse is not true.

The funny thing is I don't remember Miles shooting many jump shots, other than the 3's.
Most of the other shots were made with him attacking the basket.
Am I wrong?

The funny thing is I don't remember Miles shooting many jump shots, other than the 3's.
Most of the other shots were made with him attacking the basket.
Am I wrong?

He had probably 2 or 3 curl jumpers and one quick jumper to beat the shot clock off an inbounds play. The key was that he looking to drive and using that to setup wide open jumpers in the offense.

This is actually a problem with CJ that happened to play in his favor in this game. He is mentally weak so if it isn't going his way he doesn't have the courage or smarts to try to work through it with other facets of his game. He just mopes. If he gets something going right off the bat then he can dominate. If not, he shoots airballs and looks entirely lost everywhere else. Unfortunately not every team, not even most of the bottom-dwellers, will give him that leeway very often. We really need a wing that doesn't so easily drift whichever way the wind blows.

This is actually a problem with CJ that happened to play in his favor in this game. He is mentally weak so if it isn't going his way he doesn't have the courage or smarts to try to work through it with other facets of his game. He just mopes. If he gets something going right off the bat then he can dominate. If not, he shoots airballs and looks entirely lost everywhere else. Unfortunately not every team, not even most of the bottom-dwellers, will give him that leeway very often. We really need a wing that doesn't so easily drift whichever way the wind blows.

While true. It will be more difficult for teams to just take Miles out of the game when you also have to worry about Jefferson, Harris and Ak. CJ should be more consistent as the 3rd option with better player's than as the 1st option off of the bench. This is why I believe AK and or Millsap need to be the leaders of the 2nd unit. They are built to be a main option better than Miles is. And Miles compliment's the starting rotation better than Bell.

Miles scores 7 points next game. Book it.

CJ had some good points that suggest otherwise. Sure, he is not going to score 40 again or likely even 30 again this year. But he said that starting works better for him because he is loose and having other threats on the floor opened things up and takes the pressure off. Remember the second unit earlier in the year: CJ, Earl, RP, Fes, and Franc. Who else was going to take shots in that bunch but CJ?

I will take your bet and say he scores over 15 next game and averages over 15 if he starts the rest of the year.

While true. It will be more difficult for teams to just take Miles out of the game when you also have to worry about Jefferson, Harris and Ak. CJ should be more consistent as the 3rd option with better player's than as the 1st option off of the bench. This is why I believe AK and or Millsap need to be the leaders of the 2nd unit. They are built to be a main option better than Miles is. And Miles compliment's the starting rotation better than Bell.

Agreed.

Of course at this point Frank Layden's liposucked fat globules would compliment the starting lineup better than Bell.

tyler-durton-in-fight-club1.jpg

https://1320kfan.com/index.php/story/read/emptin_the_noggin_after_the_jazz_win_over_the_wolves1

It is going to be a real shame if it is clear at the end of the year CJ should have been starting all year. The numbers have been screaming at us that is true. The starting line-up with Raja was one of the three worst line-ups in the entire NBA and the line-up with CJ was one of the three best in the NBA. Furthermore, the idea that you need to keep a scorer on the bench at the expense of your starting line-up defies all statistical models. What a shame if this season was derailed largely based on this decision. There is a chance this is the case.

So if this is the real CJ as a starting SG does that change Jazz draft decisions?
Do Jazz still take a SG prospect with a pick at the expense of BPA?

So if this is the real CJ as a starting SG does that change Jazz draft decisions?
Do Jazz still take a SG prospect with a pick at the expense of BPA?

When in the lottery you draft the best player available. Always.